rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Current Page: 7 of 11

Re: Lam's Squad Vision
Since 1888 (IP Logged)
09 March, 2018 13:10
All now added, still room for a few stars to help this young group grow. New props look promising too.

thorpebayexile (IP Logged)
09 March, 2018 13:29
Looking better. Imagine some star signings needed at lock and scrum half would complete things along with a top centre.

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
09 March, 2018 14:01
Iím still not happy with the Flyhalf situation either, the scenario of 1st game of season major injury to Madigan would IMO be catastrophic. I think Sheedy and Eden are good players but 25 games of Prem/Euro games between them? No chance.

Ernie Ball (IP Logged)
09 March, 2018 15:05
Quote:
Iím still not happy with the Flyhalf situation either, the scenario of 1st game of season major injury to Madigan would IMO be catastrophic. I think Sheedy and Eden are good players but 25 games of Prem/Euro games between them? No chance.

Particularly relevant if Marler is on the pitch in our first match back (assuming we do get there).

JamboBris (IP Logged)
09 March, 2018 15:24
Think at present faletau would be 3rd or 4th in line? Don't see him playing much with our new additions.

John Denver (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 09:56
Pat Lam was a guest pundit on BT Sport last night at The Rec for the Anglo-Welsh match. He was asked quite a lot about Bristol and without giving much away came across well. It was excellent publicity for the club. The interviewers seemed genuinely intrigued that Bristol had loaned out Hurrell and Varndell at a crucial stage of the season but PL appears to have excellent relationships with fellow coaches, in this case Todd Blackadder and Wayne Pivac (Scarlets). I am sure that the favours will be repaid in due course, perhaps next season in The Premiership, if we are in a 'spot of bother!'

Jimeno (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 11:14
Quote:
John Denver
Pat Lam was a guest pundit on BT Sport last night at The Rec for the Anglo-Welsh match. He was asked quite a lot about Bristol and without giving much away came across well. It was excellent publicity for the club. The interviewers seemed genuinely intrigued that Bristol had loaned out Hurrell and Varndell at a crucial stage of the season but PL appears to have excellent relationships with fellow coaches, in this case Todd Blackadder and Wayne Pivac (Scarlets). I am sure that the favours will be repaid in due course, perhaps next season in The Premiership, if we are in a 'spot of bother!'

If anyone missed that like me, it's on again tomorrow (Sunday) at 11:00.

I'll record it so I can ffwd through to the good bits (Lam talking).

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 11:58
Itís all well and good having these coach mates but I donít think any club will be loaning us the quality we would require if we did get in a spot of bother. Anything in position 11+ maybe but other positions are far too crucial to be relying on goodwill.
Another quality 4,8,9&10 please. Or a quality 10/12 like gopperth would do!

Jimeno (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 12:34
Quote:
Jimeno
Quote:
John Denver

Nope - programme is only 90 mins so unlikely to show much Lam stuff.

Why don't BT Sport do catch up?

Jimeno (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 12:38
Quote:
Jimeno
Quote:
Jimeno
Quote:
John Denver

Nope - programme is only 90 mins so unlikely to show much Lam stuff.

Why don't BT Sport do catch up properly?

thorpebayexile (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 08:17
My suspicion is that there may be a couple of big name signings out there but that they would have get out clauses if not promoted. So suspect announcements to be onky if/when promotion is a certainty.

Furriner (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 08:31
Iím much happier now the front row is shaping up, although another top level 1 wouldnít go amiss. Important for me, still, is getting in proven locks, a centre and a winger.

Motherrucker1982 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 08:36
TBE - I thought Pat's MO was that players would not be signed with 'clauses'? He was pretty clear about this for Luatua/Piatau(s)/Morahan etc stating he only wants players who both fit the mould but also want to play for Bristol regardless. I suppose he could've changed his tune but if they are 'head turning' (although I'm sure this will be subjective) I'd imagine that there is an agreement between clubs as to when we/they will announce them. I also suppose it depends where we've signed them from as some seasons (Japan/Super Rugby/Top 14) don't do too much business yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2018 08:37 by Motherrucker1982.

JamboBris (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 09:25
The occasionally reliable TRP says we're aiming to get both Randall and Hildago-Clyne in at 9 to support Sitrzaker.

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2018 14:19
Updated for Nemsadze, still 14 players to release or re-sign.

AGS (IP Logged)
23 March, 2018 14:33
Looking at the updated list it's quite concerning how many gaps are still left to fill with new signings, on top of the new signings already announced. While I appreciate that Lam is going for a lot of people he has previously worked with and knows can work to his "system", that's a lot of new players to integrate under the pressure of the premiership.

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
27 March, 2018 12:28
Updated with Pisi good news.

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
29 March, 2018 16:54
Updated with OíConnell to Ealing

JamboBris (IP Logged)
29 March, 2018 17:15
Cosgrove is still in contract next year isn't he?

robtheh (IP Logged)
29 March, 2018 22:42
Quote:
JamboBris
Cosgrove is still in contract next year isn't he?

He was on the pre-emptive retained list that the club put out a few weeks back

Current Page: 7 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net