Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Ben Youngs
APPLES (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 17:38
The new 9?

From "rugby inside line": "With the trial and tribulations Leicester Tigers are facing currently, it is rumoured Ben Youngs may leave when his contract comes to an end. Clubs that may prove suitable include Bath and Exeter. Allegedly in talks with Bristol."

Re: Ben Youngs
JamboBris (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 18:15
Quote:
APPLES
The new 9?
From "rugby inside line": "With the trial and tribulations Leicester Tigers are facing currently, it is rumoured Ben Youngs may leave when his contract comes to an end. Clubs that may prove suitable include Bath and Exeter. Allegedly in talks with Bristol."

Would be astonished if this were true.

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 18:30
Quote:
JamboBris
Quote:
APPLES
The new 9?

Would be astonished if this were true.

I wouldn't be surprised. Never underestimate how much money talks. It's a very short career.

Anonymous User (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 18:40
Sounds like a classic negotiation ploy to me. He wouldn't leave Leicester, he didn't tour with the Lions due to his brothers terminally ill wife (which is an amazing thing). My point is, family is absolutely paramount to him and that's in Leicester.

happyH (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 18:58
Will Chudley is one i've heard.
Personally would prefer him to Ben Youngs. Not a BY fan, slow service and seems to always want everything just perfect before doing anything.
Steady and dependable.
Would think PL would want a SH with a bit more get up and go.

Just my thoughts

C'MON BRISSSSSSSSSSSS

JamboBris (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 19:20
Quote:
CF_Doom
Sounds like a classic negotiation ploy to me. He wouldn't leave Leicester, he didn't tour with the Lions due to his brothers terminally ill wife (which is an amazing thing). My point is, family is absolutely paramount to him and that's in Leicester.

Exactly my thoughts. After not going on the lions tour to stay there with family, him then moving away just doesn't seem likely.

JamboBris (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 19:27
Quote:
happyH
Will Chudley is one i've heard.
Personally would prefer him to Ben Youngs. Not a BY fan, slow service and seems to always want everything just perfect before doing anything.
Steady and dependable.
Would think PL would want a SH with a bit more get up and go.

Just my thoughts

C'MON BRISSSSSSSSSSSS

Few decent players out of contract at chiefs this year. Dave ewers, williams; whitten too.

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 20:04
As I have previously said- Exeter have to start spending more money
Moray Low?

Big Dave (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 20:56
Quote:
Hercules Spoons
As I have previously said- Exeter have to start spending more money
Moray Low?

It is an interesting prem at the moment. Newcastle and Glaws on the up. Saracens losing loads on the bounce. Saints the same. Exeter, as you, probably going to have to adapt to move forward. Leicester nowhere.

An interestingly league for a team flush with cash to come into, certainly.

Platwell House (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 21:07
Not happening, family are Leicestershire farmers, gave up a place in the lions squad due to his brothers wife being terminally ill. Not coming to Bristol. Will eat my Bristol scarf when it happens.

Big Dave (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 21:11
I'd have him though, in a flash. We need a top quality 9 and he is, after all, a top quality 9.

Field marshall (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 21:27
No chance is the current england 9 coming to Bris.
Banners to Glaws has been confirmed as I understand it, with Joe Cokanasiga rumoured to be going to bath. Their pillage of London Irish talent continues. I'm surprised they have the bare face to keep doing it to them.

robtheh (IP Logged)
07 January, 2018 22:07
Absolutely do not believe this one bit.

07 January, 2018 23:04
Quote:
Platwell House
Not happening, family are Leicestershire farmers, gave up a place in the lions squad due to his brothers wife being terminally ill. Not coming to Bristol. Will eat my Bristol scarf when it happens.
h
Norfolk farmers actually

Platwell House (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 05:49
Quote:
Dumpling (all statements in my opinion only)
Quote:
Platwell House
h
Norfolk farmers actually
Close enough

SparkyBris (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 08:50
Would love us to pick up Will Chudley, but can't see it happening. As said earlier though, Exe have a lot of work to do otherwise they'll go the way of the Saints, so need to freshen things up.

Personally, I'd be happy for Ben Youngs to join up, though I get the feeling it would be more of a final payday rather than with a view to the future. Of the two Tiggers 9s, I think I'd rather take Sam Harrison - younger than Ben, but I feel given an opportunity to be a regular starting 9, could do really well.

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 09:19
Quote:
Field marshall
No chance is the current england 9 coming to Bris.
Banners to Glaws has been confirmed as I understand it, with Joe Cokanasiga rumoured to be going to bath. Their pillage of London Irish talent continues. I'm surprised they have the bare face to keep doing it to them.

Itís down to London Irish to create a better pipeline for promising youngsters to be able to achieve what they want to, on and off the the field. Donít blame Bath in the slightest.

08 January, 2018 09:36
Baf board seems to think Chudley is heading their way

08 January, 2018 09:36
Baf board seems to think Chudley is heading their way

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 09:41
Always found Will Chudley a great player for Exeter, but an interesting point was made on BT commentary for Wasps vs Sarries yesterday, around (and I paraphrase) how Robson and Wigglesworth are awesome for the clubs they play for, but neither player would be anywhere near as effective if they swapped with the other.

Any potential Bristol transfer targets need to be viewed through the lens of whether they fit into Lam's system.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net