rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
When will new signings be announced?
Furriner (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 12:47
OK, were now a third of the way through January with plenty of rumours/speculation doing the rounds. But when will we get something more concrete? Any ideas?

Re: When will new signings be announced?
Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 12:51
Maybe we haven't made any!

expectingrain (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 13:03
(Sm123)

Brisser (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 13:18
surely soon?? please??

JamboBris (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 13:24
30th Jan last year when we announced Leiua. Who knows though this time.

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 13:37
After the Ealing game

Rich. (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 14:27
Quote:
Standardprocedure
After the Ealing game

Yep sounds a good shout - though if we lose it then expect a delay till things look better ......

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 14:37
If Ealing beat us, I expect them to immediately lose the following week in Jersey. It sounds arrogant, but we playing so well at the moment that for another team in this div to beat us, it would require such an amount of effort that it would take it out of that team for the following week.

Cheaptoes (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 15:09
Relax. Very soon. A couple have been rumoured on here, as you were.

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 15:29
Rugby Inside Line reporting John Afoa is signed, sealed, delivered.

Big Dave (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 15:56
I reckon 18 ish signings, in one chunk.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 16:19
I think people have unrealistic expectations about who Bristol could/would/should sign.

Take 1,000 pro players.

With 2 and 3 year contracts being the norm, maybe 60% of those will be still under contract at the end of the season. So 400 out of 1000 left

Then say we are all set in 5 of the 15 positions, so are only interested in the two thirds of those 400 players who play in a position of need. 265 out of 1000 left.

Then look at what proportion of those would even consider signing for Bristol over another team. Lets be generous and say that 50% of them would, leaving 133 out of 1000.

Then out of those 133, how many actually fit the profile the Lam wants, on and off the field?

Big Dave (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 16:57
"Then out of those 133, how many actually fit the profile the Lam wants, on and off the field?"

I reckon, when faced with players who fit the profile, Lam will chose the player that BEST fits the profile.

I don't think we are in a position yet to live life without any compromises.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 17:46
Quote:
Cheaptoes

A new contender appears... can you be more specific please as its implied you know more than most?

Cotman (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 18:16
[quote Rinkadink][quote Cheaptoes]Relax. Very soon. A couple have been rumoured on here, as you were.[/quote]

A new contender appears... can you be more specific please as its implied you know more than most?[/quote

It might be Liam as you were.]

thorpebayexile (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 18:21
usually a block of announcements are coordinated in Feb.

Platwell House (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 20:50
Whenever it does happen I know that anyone who PL brings in will be top notch and fit into the style of play he wants. No more Shane Geraghty signings which slapped desperation all over the club.

Field marshall (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 21:43
Tigers' Dom Barrow may be looking for a mid season move as he seems to have fallen out with one of the other players. I have seen him play a few times and I think he could be great for us - especially if he's available now.

Cheaptoes (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 22:04
Quote:
Rinkadink
Quote:
Cheaptoes

A new contender appears... can you be more specific please as its implied you know more than most?

Wont make a difference vs a source like an article, even so a lot of the things on here are complete fiction. A couple are correct. I dont know when being announced, soon Id imagine. Just wait for the club to confirm it,
Just posting for reassurance, let the club do their thing.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 23:03
Quote:
Cheaptoes
Quote:
Rinkadink
Quote:
Cheaptoes

Wont make a difference vs a source like an article, even so a lot of the things on here are complete fiction. A couple are correct. I dont know when being announced, soon Id imagine. Just wait for the club to confirm it,
Just posting for reassurance, let the club do their thing.

Understandable, not asking for full disclosure! tongue sticking out smiley

Should be fun to speculate and see which ones have been right and wrong. Thanks.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net