Latest News:
Untitled Document

Mr Bakewell
Cotman (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 17:16
just another rumour to add to the pot.
Copied from Twitter

Crashball Rugby (@_CrashballRugby) Tweeted:
RUMOUR | Leicester Tigers are reportedly pursuing the signature of Bristol's Mark Bakewell to take up the role of forwards coach at Welford road. #LeicesterTigers #AvivaPrem

Re: Mr Bakewell
T J (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 20:52
Already discussed.

I’ll drive him there if he needs a lift.

Platwell House (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 21:14
I will share the driving with you TJ

Field marshall (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 21:34
I'll pay the fuel.

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 21:44
Which one of Lam's contacts from elsewhere would likely replace Bakes?

BigO (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 15:49
Close to being confirmed, according to Jim Hamiton. Cue a pinch of salt.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 16:02
Still find it really hard to reconcile how well-thought-of he appears to be within the game, with how out set piece and driving maul defence has been pretty sketchy at times.

BigO (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 16:28
Hamilton was talking about Leicester needing to go back to a more forwards dominated power game, so perhaps Bakewell's coaching skill-set fits that mold better than what Lam's trying to do with us... hence our under-cooked forwards. When I've heard players talk about how good Bakewell is, it seems to be from people like Flatman, who are perhaps better suited to that type of game. If Lam wants mobile forwards with great handling skills, perhaps we need a different shaped coach?

12 January, 2018 17:36
Does make you think what could have been had Eddie Jones not come after Steve Botherwick.

Bakewell is a good coach but I just don't think the style PL wants to play fits with the forward coaching.

I also guess Jesse Bakewell will get a job at Leicester as well, no loss there.

Graham_U (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 10:26
From what I saw at Connacht under Pat Lam, there forwards were competitive in the pro-12 set piece than ours have been a Champ level, and more mobile than our current unit. To be honest it looked more like they knew what they were doing in the side to side passing action and generally were moving forward, and not afraid to truck it up the middle a few times to create some space, before Bondi Aki did his thing in the space created.

I've commented many times about John Muldoon was their leader and inspiration on the field, who seemed to lead by example and total commitment/work-rate. By comparison I would say our forwards lack that leader and tend to be standing still far too often. I wonder if the is a mis-connect between Pat and Bakewell, as out players individual before they joined us, or before Pat joined, have looked better, not least that fantastic improvement in 40 days under Bothwick..

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Furriner (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 21:15
Judging by the way in which Ospreys are bullying Sarries we could do a lot worse than trying to sign Allen Clarke as Bakewell’s successor.

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 22:21
What the same Ospreys which have been truly aweful this year, no thanks.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 07:03
Quote:
Graham_U
To be honest it looked more like they knew what they were doing in the side to side passing action and generally were moving forward

There were a few times in the Exeter game yesterday when the Chiefs were playing that style really well....second row with a prop1 running a hard line and a centre1 out the back, with centre1 himself having prop2 running a hard line and centre 2 as a option out the back.

Doesn’t work every time, but over 80 mins will cause th defence to make enough mistakes.

Furriner (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 08:27
Quote:
Since 1888
What the same Ospreys which have been truly aweful this year, no thanks.

You make my point, then. Clarke joined Ospreys at the beginning of the season and just look what he’s achieved in a few short months.

14 January, 2018 09:53
I think it will be another SH Forwards Coach that will come in and my money is on Steve Jackson from the Blues.

If I am wrong I just hope whoever does come in will get the pack firing on all cylinders.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net