rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Team for Donny
robtheh (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 11:53
15. Mat Protheroe; 14. David Lemi, 13. Jack Tovey, 12. Will Hurrell, 11. Tom Varndell; 10. Callum Sheedy, 9. Andy Uren; 1. Jack Cosgrove, 2. Nick Fenton-Wells, 3. Sione Faletau, 4. Joe Batley, 5. Joe Latta, 6. Nick Haining, 7. Sam Graham (Chippenham RFC), 8. Jordan Crane (c).
Replacements: 16. Ben Gompels, 17. Jack O’Connell, 18. Ollie Dawe, 19. Giorgi Nemsadze, 20. Ryan Glynn, 21. Billy Searle, 22. Ryan Edwards.
UNAVAILABLE: Max Crumpton (knee), Tyler Gendall (knee), Gaston Cortes (calf), John Hawkins (knee), Dan Tuohy (shoulder), Ehize Ehizode (shoulder), James Dun (knee), Thretton Palamo (foot).

[www.bristolrugby.co.uk]

Re: Team for Donny
bris4life (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 12:26
Bearing in mind our priorities, our very much below par performances in the previous B&I games and our resultant position in the group this looks like a run-out for several players returning from injury, finding their way back to match fitness and a few fringe players getting game time.

None of the normally nailed on first choices are in the squad. Hopefully they will get a run out V Bedford to ensure match sharpness for Ealing and maintain the points cushion.

Where is Ross Macmillan these days? He hasn't played for some weeks/months now and not mentioned in the "Not Available" list.

Bristoleggchaser2 (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 14:37
Decent back line and it gives fringe players an opportunity to get some game time.

Shame we haven't seen more of Dawe.

The fact Searle is only on the bench pretty much confirms he is not staying around next year - I just hope for his sake that he has been snapped up by a bigger club and not not let go by Bris. I understand we need experienced big names to keep us up next year but young talent like that doesn't come around often.

Not sure about Ross, probably on his way out but could be wrong.

Exciting times, however!

Up the Bris.

SparkyBris (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 14:43
If memory serves, wasn't Ross' daughter very ill? Truly hope it isn't an enforced absence because of her health.

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

bris4life (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 17:40
I think you're right about Ross's daughter, in fact I believe that his daughter was in hospital in Bristol and that was a factor in Ross signing for us in the first place. I hope Ross's absence isn't associated with his daughter's illness.

I would also hope Ross would be staying with us next season.

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
12 January, 2018 17:51
A sort of semi-strength team there. Good opportunity for several returning from injury with the "superstars" rested.

Hope that Nick Haining performs, I think he has potential to crack the first team.

Graham_U (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 10:39
I do wish they would stop calling the Bris team in the B&I away fixtures United. It does seem a bit arrogant/disrespectful as officially its a first team competition, like the Anglo-Welsh in the Prem. Despite the weak teams used in the home fixtures we have had not called them United, presumably because of the conditions on the Season Tickets.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Furriner (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 09:40
Nemsadze given 5 minutes on the pitch yesterday. Worse still, Ollie Dawe got the same. Why would you stay?

JamboBris (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 10:50
Dawe might understand more given he's moved from loosehead to tighthead this season and just come back from injury. Nemsadze has been a pointless signing unfortunately.

airdog (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 11:32
Graham u
do you then you think its disrespectful for Cardiff and the Irish teams in this competition to give their teams titles that show they are a second stream selection .
Of the team we put out yesterday I dont think any would be considered first choice therefore its fine by me to call them the united although it would have been better to to call them that from the start of the competition .

happyH (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 12:00
Our major worry, whatever team we put out, must be our defence.We may score more than others in this league but if we don't sort out our defence then it's all for nowt!

Either JT and PLs ideas on defence don't go together or the players can't master it.(yet)

Need a massive improvement or new defence coach to help JT?

C'MON BRISSSSSSSSSSSSS

Graham_U (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 12:25
Air_dog, I have always objected to the Welsh and Irish Regional "B" teams for the BIC, it was far better when the Welsh Prem clubs were in it, and I would have wanted the same from the Irish. But its clear that these regional teams are not representing their first teams who are playing at the top level and have their own fixtures at the weekend.

The English teams are playing in the second tier and defined in the competition (and our season tickets) to be representing first team matches, even if we currently like some others use it for development, other pick their first 15 (like we did when we won it). Whilst I agree its difficult to disrespect this dog dinner of a competition, to me us taking the unilateral stance of calling our away team the United (but not the home which has been weaker) just stinks of arrogance.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 12:46
Quote:
happyH
Our major worry, whatever team we put out, must be our defence.We may score more than others in this league but if we don't sort out our defence then it's all for nowt!
Either JT and PLs ideas on defence don't go together or the players can't master it.(yet)

Need a massive improvement or new defence coach to help JT?

C'MON BRISSSSSSSSSSSSS

As I've said elsewhere, I don't think our general D is poor at all (second best in the league for the first 40 behind Hartpury), it's a combination of not maintaining intensity after a game is won plus around breakdowns and mauls which is Bakes' remit not JT's? The latest game vs Pirates is a classic example of this, pretty much all their tries came after we had the BP secured and from rucks/drives at that.

That said I haven't seen the latest United game so I am not sure what happened. Three big injuries can't have helped plus some inexperienced and rusty squad members.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net