rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Nick Haining
Cunning Stunts (IP Logged)
13 January, 2018 18:39
Sounds like Nick had a stormer today and was highly rated at Jersey. He obviously signed under the radar (with Luatua etc getting the headlines) and he is a bit of a mystery as he came to Jersey from Western Australia club rugby and didnt even get a Super Rugby contract with Western Force.

With Jordan Crane a bit one paced, I think Luatua at 6 and Haining at 8 could potentially be a really strong option for us- both look dynamic, powerful and skilful. Him being fit is really positive news!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/01/2018 18:40 by Cunning Stunts.

Re: Nick Haining
Graham_U (IP Logged)
14 January, 2018 11:59
Only listen to the second half on the Radio and didn't hear much of him, I guess he was blowing by then. He seemed far to static at the beginning of the season for me, standing out on the wing rather than doing the hard work like Jack or Crane, and too slow to have an impact out there. Definitely needed a lot more for a Prem No.8. I know other were more impressed with him and he came with good reports so hope there a lot more to come.

For me Luatua is the man who should be at No.8, there are few better with ball in hand attacking off the back of the scrum. It seems a waste to have him on the side of the scrum, especially as our flankers don't seem to put much power into the scrum.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
15 January, 2018 15:45
Well the club website have him down as MoM (despite being sin-binned in the late stages). Make of that what you will.

Olly (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 03:20
I think he is fired up after his injury now He wants to be in the first team and to do that he must prove hes fit enough and good enough. Hes on the bench for Cardiff so heading in the right direction in my mind.

My glass is again full now bring on the rugby.

Graham_U (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 10:48
Would be interesting to know what those at the game thought. The clubs MoM is notoriously unreliable and often picks a returning player. But one who was very noticeable on the radio in the second half was Joe Latta who looked very promising early on in the season.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

robtheh (IP Logged)
16 January, 2018 10:50
Quote:
Graham_U
Would be interesting to know what those at the game thought. The clubs MoM is notoriously unreliable and often picks a returning player. But one who was very noticeable on the radio in the second half was Joe Latta who looked very promising early on in the season.

Almost sure I heard something about Latta nicking a good bit of lineout ball too. Would be a very welcome addition in that facet of our gameplay, if he can do that every week.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net