rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Social media
gran (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 08:13
I am interested in how people exchange views on Bristol rugby.

This rugby network seems to me by far and away the best medium for getting snippets on what is happening and it's my first port of call.

But the club uses Twitter for last week's 9 announcements, and Twitter seems the way to go for score updates. Should we all be tweeting? I hope not.

Meanwhile the spat on the B**h forum reveals that alot of their fans use Facebook and have an antipathy to COML or rugby network but this seems due to fan disharmony.

Finally there is the evening post which struggles on despite the challenges for newspapers, and it's still a good source for me , albeit a mere shadow of the old green ,un when reporting on junior rugby especially dings and Clifton.

I make this observation on us in that I would hope that someone from the club monitors our forum where now and again there are important points to pick up.

How do people see things going in the future?

Re: Social media
gran (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 08:15
Whoops ...pressed the button twice. Ignore this one.gran

shhandy (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 08:51
The club uses twitter effectively for announcements and in match action. I'm a voyeur rather than a contributer to this.

I know there is a fairly large Bristol rugby fan group on FB, but does not have as in depth discussions as COML.

BP seems fairly useless to me, mainly Club press releases and churned speculation a lot of which is probably lifted from here.

Although COML threads can disappear up their own jacksie occasionally, it seems the most effective to me. I suspect the club's social media team keep an eye on it as well. I wonder what their tags are......

Furriner (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 09:00
Whatís COML stand for?

shhandy (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 09:22
I initially thought it was a protocol name for the message board system, which just goes to show I spent too much of my life working in IT. It is actually a method of sub setting the chat forums on Rugbynetwork. COML is the B*ath 'Come On My Lovers' board, Exeter have 'Pow Wow'. I'm sure we had one at some time, mainly to separate out a rather persistent poster who died some years ago, and whose name I've forgotten.

Furriner (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 09:56
Thanks shhandy.

The poster youíre referring to was probably William Blessing.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 11:03
Here is the best in my opinion.

Discussions and moderation are spot on, plus the ability to post with relative anonymity without it all being tied to a personal Faceache account. Twitter would be second best but you're limited in scope and I've never been a fan of the threading plus mobile site is pretty meh.

Worst part of being here are the ads but the other stuff far outweighs that shortcoming. We used to have a far bigger presence from the club here with Slick, Tom and co posting regularly (and supporter's club for that matter) but seems to have gone quieter since registration became required.

We should all strive to keep this place healthy and active as we'd all lose a lot should it fade away.

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 13:16
I only use this board.

I refuse to have a facebook account as I do not wish to broadcast my life to others and I really do not understand twitter.

hooter (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 14:14
I use this board most days but must to admit to using Twitter for score updates during away matches, the only problem I have with Twitter is that the constant resetting it does.

bofb (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 15:02
Twitter is a messaging system with pictures/videos = great for info share and news by the club as well as immediate score updates and video clips of the tries within minutes of being scored.It is not a discussion forum

This site = much better than FB for seeing and tracking discussions.

Cotman (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 19:46
I use four sites in total this site mainly as I find the rumours quite entertaining second would be Facebook third would be twitter then rugby transfer news.

thorpebayexile (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 20:25
I quite like trying to match people on facebook with their ids on here.

Platwell House (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 06:51
Quote:
Hercules Spoons
I only use this board.
I refuse to have a facebook account as I do not wish to broadcast my life to others and I really do not understand twitter.
Spoons, your Facebook comment is spot on. I only use instagram because I enjoy the photographic side however I do follow a few Bristol players who from what I can see is a very close knit team.

I only use Twitter to keep tabs on a match feed and for general commenting this fans forum is really good. We all may not agree with one and other from time to time but we have Bristol at our hearts.

bennystoon (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 10:02
I use twitter for score updates and this site to find out club/transfer rumours and general interaction/banter/opinions.

Olly (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 10:17
Twitter no canít get on with that.
Facebook can be fun.
But this site is my go to site for information and mostly knowledgeable information.
Itís probably the site where the local press gets its information. Several rumours that were started here quickly went into print. One that I myself started.

My glass is again full now bring on the rugby.

Graham_U (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 22:10
I get my news from the offy and other websites. Sometimes look at the post but it has become to processor heavy for my steam driven lap top. I use this site for most discussions, most news comes with a large does of salt, but we do get some inside gems.
I mainly use facebook for other communications away from rugby with people I know, and getting head-up on news from official sites, I tend to find the supports FB group too hard work, and generally less knowledgeable than this site.
I don't like the unstructured nature of twitter and find it hard work to filter and follow, so whist I have access only rarely look for specific items.
To be honest I still prefer the social media of meeting other supporters pre and post match chat.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Big Dave (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 23:02
I use twitter for work. I am supposed to engage on issues of professional concern and to raise awareness of the work of my organisation.

My followers may expect this but my followers are subjected to my views on various sporting issues, primarily Bristol Rugby related frustrations. The lucky so and sos.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 08:35
I am on the Facebook group, but I don't do much there ....I find it a bit too 'cheerleader-y', where any constructive comment is generally met with an Andrea Leadsom style call for more patriotism.

Twitter I use for getting info for score updates and highlights during away games.

This is board is probably the best medium for me.

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 08:46
this board is the best for actual discussion about the club.

Jimeno (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 09:40
Here for (mostly) sensible discussion.

Twitter during away matches (although my account was recently hacked by a Russian lady who didn't seem terribly interested in Rugby so I've closed it).

Facebook for other bits and pieces like announcements from the club.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net