Current Page: 1 of 3
Today’s game
Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 14:37
Seems to be a lot of people here - had to park miles away

Re: Today’s game
nickbris (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 15:39
Worst 40 mins of rugby have seen for a long time.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 15:42
Errors. Errors. Umm, errors?

Ball in hand and simple before fancy (set piece aside) next half. Need to have a word about scrummaging, maul and ruck defence (again). Bakes?

Channel2 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 15:56
Awful scrummage.

Big Dave (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 15:57
Our scrummage is, er, not very good.

Paulie (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 15:59
I know you shouldn't pick on one player but how bad is Faletau. If I was ollie dawe and being selected behind him I'd be looking to leave as well if that rumour is right. Oh he's given away another scrum penalty as I write what a surprise

bennystoon (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 16:35
Thomas, Luatua and Haining only stand out players in pack, Pisi just plain awful today no big ball carrying go forward at all from him and as for Madigan no control of the game just seems to want to fizz passes to players with no space. Searle needs to be given a contract at any price.

Final Score 18-13 Deadful match to watch there are players who should not be at the club next season as they are poor quality Prop, winger and a hooker to not name but a few.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/01/2018 16:49 by bennystoon.

Field marshall (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 16:44
Shocking. Humiliating even. On the TV too. The entire front row (Harris Wright especially) dreadful. The sooner bakewell leaves the better, do we have a scrum coach?
On that, people will be expecting us to go straight back down and I don't think they'd be wrong. Wuss would thump us so hard it wouldn't be funny.
Bloody glad I didn't go today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/01/2018 16:46 by Field marshall.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 16:46
Searle has gone, why no Sheedy today? Pisi was decent, service from 9 and 10 not so great at times. Not the greatest display from the officials today either which didn't help.

Way too many unforced errors today. What was going on? Ugly but glad we got the win playing so badly. Surprisingly Bedford came to spoil the game, so much for running rugby and fair competition.

Motherrucker1982 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 16:47
Quote:
Paulie
I know you shouldn't pick on one player but how bad is Faletau. If I was ollie dawe and being selected behind him I'd be looking to leave as well if that rumour is right. Oh he's given away another scrum penalty as I write what a surprise
Have to agree - he does appear to be the weak link at scrum time. What a shambles today - thank god we squeezed home. Fair play to Bedford they didn’t let us do anything. Then again, we also did absolutely nothing. Worse than Hartpury for me. However, despite being massively frustrated/disappointed, could be a blessing in disguise as if we do that against Ealing, we lose - simple.
Worse case is we give blooming Morris more ammo to criticise and slate us....
C’mon Bris!!!

Knowle Blue (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 16:48
What’s the score? Nothing on the BBC etc...don’t worry, I’ve got it... not impressed.. going back to work now.. I’m going to sulk until one of my staff makes me a coffee.. not good enough at all

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/01/2018 16:56 by Knowle Blue.

T J (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 17:03
What a load of tripe that was. The sooner Cherry Bakewell goes to Tiggers the better as our forwards are being consistently outplayed.

Thought we looked better with Searle at 10 than Madigan, which is a concern for next season. Also think whoever it going to be our starting 9 next season has got some big boots to fill.

robtheh (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 17:04
Foley was bad, but not the reason we played badly.
Faletau did nothing but scrummage, which he did well l: it was a combination of Harris-Wright (not good enough for prem) and Tonga’uiha that was being done in the right: all credit to Bedford for identifying the weakness of one their former players...
As soon as Bevington and McMillan came on the scrum shored up, but McMillan’s throwing in isn’t good enough.
Bedford read our system of ball out to forward, on to ten, on to another forward, very well.
We should thank them, because that performance is exactly what will stand us in good stead for the Ealing game.
Thomas, Luatua (rusty hands aside), Haining & Leiua were excellent.

T50 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 17:11
Have to agree with the general consensus,the level of skill exhibited today was way off,we should be playing now well enough to win if we go up

NearAshtonGate (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 17:13
On a positive - well done the defence. Restricting Bedford to one try is what won us the game.

Dieselpup (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 17:22
Well, that was 2 hours i'm not going to get back......

At least during the post match all interviewed were as dissapointed as the rest!

Onwards ....

Ashtonboy (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 17:26
Not a great display today, let's hope they improve in 2 weeks. Thought Dan Thomas was the stand out player together with Nick Haining. As for Bristol looking better when Searle came on? He missed a blatant tackle, put Mads in trouble with decisiveness and knocked the ball on. Apart from that he wasn't in the game.

cricketjerry-mouse (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 17:43
If Pat Lam has any pennies left in the kitty, it would be a huge mistake to buy expensive new players. Spend it on the railway fares and hotel bills for three experienced scouts to spend the rest of the season trawling as many National One, National Two North and National Two South fixtures as they can manage.

Their quest: to find an average, or even below average hooker (or even two) with one supreme quality - the ability to throw the ball in, both straight and to a Bristol player, at attacking line-outs in the opposition 22.

The lack of this skill not just influenced, but cost Bristol play-off success on three occasions in the past, and so nearly proved costly again this afternoon.

robtheh (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 17:56
Quote:
cricketjerry-mouse
If Pat Lam has any pennies left in the kitty, it would be a huge mistake to buy expensive new players. Spend it on the railway fares and hotel bills for three experienced scouts to spend the rest of the season trawling as many National One, National Two North and National Two South fixtures as they can manage.
Their quest: to find an average, or even below average hooker (or even two) with one supreme quality - the ability to throw the ball in, both straight and to a Bristol player, at attacking line-outs in the opposition 22.

The lack of this skill not just influenced, but cost Bristol play-off success on three occasions in the past, and so nearly proved costly again this afternoon.

And of course the opposition are just standing there while this lower league trained hooker does throw in straight.

We have three first class hookers on the books.
McMillan: best scrummaging hooker we have. Not so hot on the lineout.
Crumpton: decent in the lineout, not as good in the tight, best hooker we have in the loose.
Harris-Wright: best lineout thrower we have, weakest scrummager.
To my mind, we’d have to retain Crumpton on the promise that he may not be first choice.
We get rid of Harris-Wright. Wasn’t good enough first time round, still isn’t.
We get rid of McMillan (although the sentimental part of me wants him to have a coaching role, as he’s a really good bloke and, as said, our best scrummaging hooker imo).

Basically, we need a world class hooker. Thacker can grow to be that. We need one, for one/two years in the prem.

Albertfromla (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 17:58
Were our front 5 wearing roller skates instead of rugby boots.? I think mr Lam needs a short term fix by bring in a few more decent front row players NOW

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net