Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Re: Today’s game
Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 18:28
I didn't see Faletau as the weak link robtheh, it was Tonga,
Different game when Bevington and McMillan came on.

EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 18:30
On the bright side, rumour has it we're signing the Bedford hooker.

Ernie Ball (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 18:31
Quote:
Were our front 5 wearing roller skates instead of rugby boots.? I think mr Lam needs a short term fix by bring in a few more decent front row players NOW

Totally agree. Faletau looked knackered after 20 mins and Harris-Wright is just simply not good enough.

robtheh (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 18:41
Quote:
Hercules Spoons
I didn't see Faletau as the weak link robtheh, it was Tonga,
Different game when Bevington and McMillan came on.

Same here: although I think Harris-Wright was culpable too.
Faletau’s lack of mobility may get found out in the Prem.
It’s almost as if today’s performance arose from misconstruing how Bedford play; and not doing the research.

Paulie (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 18:44
Faletau did better when Haining went to 8 and Thomas switched sides and Luatua drove as hard as he could behind him. Bevington did just fine with Thomas behind him. Before that he was going backwards or ended up on his face at the bottom of the collapse.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 18:49
Tiny was beaten illegally and none of the officials did anything about it. Think subbing Harris-Wright made more of a difference IMO.

cuddles (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 18:56
Unsure of the message PL was trying to express to the support today as it wasn’t one of confidence in the SYSTEMS as everting starts with 1st phase scrum / lineout

BathPatriot (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 19:17
You are still top by a big margin. Prem rugby awaits the sleeping Giant of world rugby.

Old Bristolian (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 19:22
The injury to Ross Mc looked nasty. Hope it turns out not to be so.

happyH (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 19:23
Still to much shopping ball on blindly with no forward momentum
Scrums were frankly shocking
Ffs whether they were doing it illegally or not our players should be good enough to deal with it.
We weren’t and that isn’t good enough full stop
Bloody get DC and hilts to tell them what to do
Thought Bev made a real difference when he came on. In fact all forward subs made an impact
Behind the scrum we weren’t any better
LM was good but TV absent for much of the game.
10-13 all quiet but with set piece such a shambles I suppose not surprising

Stand out players
Luke Morahan and Dan Thomas who is surely player of season imo

Does show that we have a few holes to fill and that the “systems” still have a long way to go
Forward might be a plan?

CMON BRISSS

28 January, 2018 19:46
happyH; Disagree ,TV did well today although he's lost a bit of pace and no longer seems to have that edge. His defence and follow ups were good.

robtheh (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 19:47
Quote:
BathPatriot
You are still top by a big margin. Prem rugby awaits the sleeping Giant of world rugby.

We know.

robtheh (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 19:48
Quote:
Old Bristolian
The injury to Ross Mc looked nasty. Hope it turns out not to be so.

Dislocated wrist, apparently

shhandy (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 19:54
Bedford had done their homework & disrupted both our pack & backs really well. We could have not complained if we'd lost, and if the replacement front row had not stabilised things we were toast.

But on bright side we had probably our worst game of the season but somehow won. A similar state of affairs when we played ET earlier in season when we also were lucky to win. Maybe Lamm has brought the luck of the irish with him.....

28 January, 2018 19:59
Martin Hynes as forwards coach anyone?

Slaphead (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 20:03
Thought that the Bedford number 12 played well. Sign him up...

Channel2 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 21:06
Pat answered a direct question about the scrum to the effect that the issues were noted and remedies were in hand I sincerely hope thats the case.

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 21:22
We just played like a bunch of to$$er$, end of. Everyone needs to buck their ideas up for a fortnight's time. We were outplayed for large parts of the game, out thought and out-efforted (to coin a new expression). At times many of the players just didn't look up for it and were going through he motions.

Field marshall (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 22:07
Quote:
As for Bristol looking better when Searle came on? He missed a blatant tackle, put Mads in trouble with decisiveness and knocked the ball on. Apart from that he wasn't in the game.
Agree wholeheartedly. He almost made a break but didn't.
The saddest thing about the backs play was their failure to think on their feet and exploit the rush defence.
Bedford played how Ealing will (and did last time) and given the performance of our forwards I don't blame them. the makings are there, Vui is great, Joyce has been a revelation recently and the back row of haining, thomas and luatua looked the best balanced I have seen for a good while.

Furriner (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 08:42
It wasn’t just the front row that were woeful; the second row also. I couldn’t believe how fast we were being trolleyed back at every scrum. And Faletau: it’s depressing to see the same errors being repeated time and again. He appears incapable of entering a ruck without flopping over on the ball and lying there until the ref penalises him.

I agree with previous posters about Morahan. Understated and competent. No fuss or prancing like a cat walk model. Gets on with the game and always seems capable of doing something that needs to be done

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net