rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Haskell
JRZ92 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 09:06
Breaking news on BBC....Haskell's contract will not be renewed by Wasps and he will move on at end of season....

More to follow....

Re: Haskell
Peter_B (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 09:20
Well hes going somewhere.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Knowle Blue (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 09:29
I know I will be courting controversy here, but I think hed be a good signing to us. My reasoning is this. He is a current international, who brings a load of experience. Hes a large character on and off the pitch, and can project that air of confidence onto others. People say hes slow and a bit of a lump, to those I say look at his tackle rate... and if he was so poor why has Mr Jones used him?

Cotman (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 09:31
I wonder if we will have another sign up Saturday tomorrow.

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 09:32
I'm with you KnowleBlue. His workrate is incredible. He could fill the role that Gareth Llewellyn played for us back in the day - the wise old head who gets the tough stuff done. We will/do have other players who can the fancy stuff.

He's also a household name player, which will help with getting bums on seats

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/01/2018 09:33 by Standardprocedure.

EC Boy (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 09:42
Totally agree. What a signing that would be!

robtheh (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 09:44
Quote:
Standardprocedure
I'm with you KnowleBlue. His workrate is incredible. He could fill the role that Gareth Llewellyn played for us back in the day - the wise old head who gets the tough stuff done. We will/do have other players who can the fancy stuff.
He's also a household name player, which will help with getting bums on seats

Absolutely agree with this

Rich. (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 09:49
I've said it before but I don't why Jones is picking him (partly of course due to injuries to others at the moment as he wasn't originally in the squad) and I don't see him having a great work right now. I tend to watch a fair few Wasps matches by forwarding through games I've recorded and Haskell mainly acts as a blocker around the edges of rucks + he does not get to the breakdown nearly as quickly as he used to + his passing and awareness skills in attack are very poor + he is not particularly great at getting over the gain line if he is giving the ball + most of the tackles he makes are soft and easy ones where someone has ran into him. He adds nothing when you compare him to the Wasps second row players and Thomas Young and that guy Carr from South African.

So I hope our team have been actually watching him in matches this season and last rather than going on reputation.

I suspect and hope that the rumour he is coming to us is just one of many rumours of players coming to us which had turned out to be wrong.

It's nothing personal (I don't go for his self publicity machine but if he was good enough I wouldn't mind) I just don't think he is a player who would warrant the kind of money we would be paying for him and I don't think he fits the way Pat wants us to play and, if players are picked on form, I don't think he would get into our first team

Rich. (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 09:52
Saw this on the Wasps Message Board ( haven't got access to the times so can't check)-

Article in the times stating that Hask has not been offered a new contract by Wasps, even though he's willing to take less cash (how much less it doesn't say). Also states that he's struggling to find another English club to play for, which puts his England career in jeopardy. Only London Irish seem interested, but as they as likely to be relegated, he doesn't fancy it.

Furnessman (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 10:07
Rugby on BT Sport‏Verified account @btsportrugby 8m8 minutes ago

 More

James Haskell will leave Wasps at the end of the season...

👶 Made debut in 2002
🐝 Over 200 appearances
🥇 Premiership and Heineken Cup winner

"I have had a fantastic career at Wasps and would like to think I have played a part in the clubs success over the years."

think we'll need more than just this fool, would nt mind his other half...Joe Marler?

delthedoor (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 10:18
Just tried to read [and failed] your incomprehensible posting, and you reckon Haskell is a fool?

Platwell House (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 11:54
I'd have him at Bristol, good for someone like him to have around Jefferies and Co.

Furnessman (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 11:57
get a pair of glasses then cut and paste in haste but still legible, let me explain:

1. made wasps debut 2002
2. 200 Wasp appearances
3. Prem and Heineken cup winner

he was a fool to get banned after just being selected for England

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 31/01/2018 12:02 by Furnessman.

Olly (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 13:50
Cant make up my mind about Haskell. Hes certainly getting on a bit, nowhere near as mobile as he once was which is probably why he has become surplus to requirements at Wasps and struggling to find any another club.. Theres also the side of me that thinks he could become a disruptive influence in the squad. To be fair I dont know the man so cant really judge his character within the dressing room but I do wonder. Id take a fair bit of convincing on him but that said It would be fantastic to be proved wrong.

My glass is again full now bring on the rugby.

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 13:53
Quote:
Cotman
I wonder if we will have another sign up Saturday tomorrow.

Isn't it Thursday tomorrow?!

RJC (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 14:26
If we sign him then we need to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Everyone was hesitant about Big Gav signing for us, but her was top drawer for us whilst he was fit.

However I am not sure he is an improvement on Luatua, Thomas, Haining and Vui, and then with the progress of our young forwards, I wouldn't want him to stand in the way of their game time.

Big Dave (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 15:17
"Disruptive influence in the squad"

I've never met him, would he be?

delthedoor (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 18:23
''Disruptive influence'' evidence?

T J (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 18:41
Quote:
Big Dave
"Disruptive influence in the squad"
I've never met him, would he be?

Utter garbage.

Big Dave (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 20:15
I only asked.

The reason being that the only place I've ever seen him so described is on here .

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net