Crumpton Joins Harlequins
lukesmith17 (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 14:52
Thoughts?

Re: Crumpton Joins Harlequins
St00 (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 15:04
McMillan and NFW are injured right?
So that leaves Harris-Wright and Brooker (who hasn't had many games this season) and the Academy lads as the only hookers available. That's just one injury from a crisis to me.

Is Hawkins *definitely* retired?

Big Dave (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 15:07
1) Odd timing. We clearly have injury issues at 2 and I am presuming we didn't have to let him go now.

2) We will need to strengthen at 2 for next season.

3) Would not be surprised to see a new hooker arrive for the remainder of the season, but who, and would they be here in the next season?

Jim H (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 15:13
Wonder if Glaws would send Motu Matu'u down as he's being let go..

EC Boy (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 15:47
Bit odd that the Club didn't thank him for his efforts during his 51 appearances, perhaps?

bennystoon (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 15:47
Quote:
St00
So that leaves Harris-Wright and Brooker (who hasn't had many games this season) and the Academy lads as the only hookers available. That's just one injury from a crisis to me.

Thought Brooker had gone end of last season??

JamboBris (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 15:51
So only Harris-Wright who struggled badly last time out then Capon next in line? Can only assume a hooker is on the way or this is bizzare to me.

Jim H (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 15:51
The statement does rather suggest the departure is not entirely amicable.

Platwell House (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 15:59
Bye Max, if you don't want to be at a sleeping giant it is probably best to join another team.

The Old Rascal (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 16:02
Now I am getting confused. We are struggling to find two hookers for each game, yet we let our best one leave. I think he scored a hat trick the last time I saw him play, and assumed he was injured. If he is fit enough to sign for Quins why could he not play for us?
This is another strange departure to add to the growing list of Olly, Ryan, Will etc. Please can someone enlighten me as to what is going on or have I missed something?

JamboBris (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 16:08
Our statement certainly doesn't imply we are overly pleased with this?!

EC Boy (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 16:19
See the Quin's website. Max says it was "always somewhere he wanted to return to."

John Kingston said "he is a dynamic young English hooker who has a great future ahead of him and once again has the drive and determination to reach the very top, which is always so important."

"Once again?". After he lost his ambition by joining us, presumably. Cheers for that.

Spiderweb (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 16:37
I wonder if he knows something? New recruits on the horizon?

bennystoon (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 16:44
whether New recruit or not shouldn't we be keeping hold of Good players or am I missing something?

St00 (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 16:49
Quote:
bennystoon
Quote:
St00

Thought Brooker had gone end of last season??

He did and then came back on trial in pre-season. Clearly that trial didn't become a contract.
The hooker shelf is even barer then I thought. sad smiley

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 17:01
So we're saying that in the lead up to the most significant game since the play-off we have one fit senior hooker?

St00 (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 17:08
The Offy lists Ben Gompels as a senior squad member. He's still at university though.
So two senior hookers, but one a bit lacking in experience.

lukesmith17 (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 17:21
I would think this news signals Harris wright staying next season

Furriner (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 17:27
OK, here’s some heretical thinking: has Pat Lam taken leave of his senses? I’ve seen some good things emerge this season. But also some plain daft ones, especially to do with the front five.

EC Boy (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 17:35
Well we don't know the ins and outs, but we do know that Pat is a hugely principled guy. The fact that the Club gave such a terse goodbye suggests it didn't end well.

If someone comes in from left field, then magic. If not, we seem really vulnerable. For the foreseeable, we'll be wincing every time our hooker goes into contact.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2018 17:36 by EC Boy.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net