rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Crumpton Joins Harlequins
EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 17:36
The club announcement was so curt I suspect they are not best pleased.

LA Angel (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 17:47
Murmurs about this move first appeared on the Quin's board last Thursday...

"Re: Haskell to leave Wasps new
Posted by: arniepie (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2018 15:06

Yes gray is a surprise, best line out thrower at Quins, shoe shine man reckons max crumpton filling the slot"

BigO (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 17:48
Quins announcement below, They seem, and he seems happy about it. It looks pretty pre-planned to me.

So another weird set of circumstances. Unless someone better is on their way, pronto, this could bite us where it hurts. Thacker/Malton on the way earlier than planned maybe?

Harlequins is today (Monday 5th February) excited to announce that Max Crumpton has signed until the summer of 2020, with immediate effect.

On signing for the Club, Crumpton said: "I'm delighted to return to Harlequins. When I was here on loan, I held the Club in high regards and it was always somewhere I wanted to return to.

"Being a forward, I'm looking forward to working with Graham Rowntree, Nick Easter and guys that I knew here before in an environment that John Kingston is building."

A graduate of Saracens' Academy, Crumpton joined Harlequins on loan for the 2013/14 season before heading to Bristol in the Summer of 2014. In his time with the West Country club, Crumpton played 51 times over four seasons, scoring 18 tries in the process.

On the international stage, Crumpton has represented England at U16s, U18s and U20s level, playing in the Junior World Championships in 2012.

On his new signing, Harlequins' Director of Rugby, John Kingston, added: "I was hugely impressed with Max in the time he was at the Club on loan and I have watched his career with interest.

"He is a dynamic young English hooker who has a great future ahead of him and once again has the drive and determination to reach the very top, which is always so important."

Peter_B (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 17:59
So is he fit now and been available for selection or has he signed for Quins as soon as he is fit? If he’s still injured he is a bit of a punt.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 18:31
Sounds really odd, especially given our problems at hooker.

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 18:51
Very terse statement from Bristol
Cannot be mutual agreement

SimonB (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 19:09
He was on the injured list (knee) before Cardiff game on Jan 19, but not ahead of Bedford. Looks like we have spent a lot of time and effort getting him fit only to be told he's off! No love lost and there are always some who won't fit with the current management.
I will be surprised if we don't hear about a replacement this week.

Field marshall (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 20:57
Hmmm. I have always liked Crumpton as a player. He's a country mile better than Harris Wright, maybe he wasn't happy at being behind him and Thacker? Can't say I'd blame him for heading to pastures new if that was the case.

cuddles (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 21:27
I think following the Bedford game we would be stupid to think Ealing won’t go straight for the jugular and strangle the game by dominating the scrum especially now as this exposes us even more

Furriner (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 08:37
From what I’ve seen of them that’s their normal style of play anyway Cuddles. One of those sides we can expect to give us a torrid time, until we move the ball out wide

Olly (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 10:33
All seems a bit odd to me, The “with immediate effect” that begs the question Did Bristol want rid which I doubt or Crumpton want out? Whichever it has left us short at a bad time.
He must’ve been talking to Quins for a while or maybe carrots being dangled.

My glass is again full now bring on the rugby.

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 11:58
Ealing were pretty much on top at scrum time throughout the game earlier in the season (although I was far from convinced it was entirely legal). The good thing is that even with that dominance they actually didn't threaten us anywhere else on the pitch. Even when we were down a man the defence did a good job. Of course that was much earlier in the season and things have changed.

EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 17:46
Pat Lam in the Post on Crumpton

"Max has been here since June 2014, he’s had a total of 12 injuries, he has missed a total of 272 days and in the last six months since I arrived he has had four injuries and missed 165 days so it is a lot of time.”

hooter (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 23:12
The trouble with players thinking they can leave a club after they have been paid when having so many injuries will result in clubs changing their attitude to injured players and who can blame them, loyalty has to work both ways.

Steve05 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 18:40
Quote:
hooter
The trouble with players thinking they can leave a club after they have been paid when having so many injuries will result in clubs changing their attitude to injured players and who can blame them, loyalty has to work both ways.

As a reminder, players are under contract. They can't just 'decide' to leave as and when it suits them. A lot more has clearly gone on than we are aware of and if it was wrong doing on Maxs behalf, surely Bristol would have given reasonings? Don't jump to conclusions. Ive always been impressed with him when he was with us.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net