Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Team for Ealing.
happyH (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 13:08
Law 17

A means of stopping play within a player’s own 22 by directly catching an opponent’s kick.
Hmmm

JamboBris (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 13:13
Bare bones time in terms of Hookers. Expect Joyce and Jefferies to start 2nd row with Crane on the bench.

Bevington
Harris-Wright
Faletau
Joyce
Jefferies
Luatua
Thomas
Haining
Williams
Madigan
Leiua
Pisi
Piutau
Morahan
Williams

Soane
Anybody that brings their boots
Lay
Crane
Uren
Searle
Tovey

Peter D (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 16:38
It is now.

Brisser (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 16:52
I for one am very concerned about the hooker situation.
Lets hope Pat has secretly signed someone who has been training with us for weeks and gets announced on Friday to start on Saturday.

....surely Thacker is pretty useless for tigers at the moment, they are playing him in the cup games, just get him early!!

Furriner (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 10:04
So what do we know about Ealing? Their website tells us nothing about their current condition (except they’ve been unable to play any rugby for a few days because their opponents cried off). Do they have an injury crisis? Have any of their players defected to Quins? What?

robtheh (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 10:48
Quote:
Furriner
So what do we know about Ealing? Their website tells us nothing about their current condition (except they’ve been unable to play any rugby for a few days because their opponents cried off). Do they have an injury crisis? Have any of their players defected to Quins? What?

Being utterly bored at work Having a few spare moments, and for what it's worth, below is a comparison of their line-ups of the game against us at AG, and their last league game against Scottish.

Bristol v Ealing

1: Will Davis
2: Alun Walker
3: Lewis Thiede
4: Glen Townson
5: Barney Maddison
6: Rayn Smid
7: Andrew Durutalo - Gone to Worcester
8: Mark Bright
9: Luke Carter
10: Aaron Penberthy
11: Miles Mantella
12: Lewis Robling
13: Piers O'Conor
14: Seb Stegmann
15: Peter Lydon

Ealing v Scottish

1: James Gibbons
2: Alun Walker
3: Mark Tampin
4: Harry Casson
5: Barney Maddison
6: Kieran Murphy
7: Rayn Smid
8: Mark Bright
9: Grayson Hart
10: Rory Clegg
11: James Cordy-Redden
12: Joe Munro
13: Lewis Jones
14: Luke Daniels
15: Peter Lydon

One thing to note: Rayn Smid was replaced after 7 mins during their latest game, which could mean he's out for Saturday. No other news about injuries.

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 13:07
I said this before the previous Ealing game but the point still stands: we will need to be disciplined because Peter Lydon is one hell of a kicker and Rory Clegg isn't bad either. Penalties given away in most of our own half are likely 3-pointers. That's a real worry if our scrum gets dismantled regularly like it did last week

Brisser (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 16:59
I've played against Joe Munro... he's no where near the calibre of Pisi or Leiua. We need to be solid in the scrum providing thats the case I think we will rip them apart in the midfield.

dpw (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 19:30
Steadman from YC has signed foe them with immediate effect - as of 1st Feb.

dpw

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2018 19:33 by dpw.

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 21:01
There's no-one in the Leeds team who gives me cause for concern so I can only assume ET are looking to boost cover in his position.

JamboBris (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 21:06
Rayn Smid starts for Ealing. That is all. If the front row held their own at AG it would have been a non contest.

Furriner (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 08:35
Trouble is, Jambo, it didn’t. Most worryingly, it was still not doing so by match 14 a few days ago. Let’s hope we’ve been working really hard on ‘the system’ governing that aspect of our play so that our midfield is given the service it needs.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 17:16
Quote:
Standardprocedure
There's no-one in the Leeds team who gives me cause for concern so I can only assume ET are looking to boost cover in his position.

Steadman is quality, wouldn't have minded poaching him after seeing him play in our promotion season.

I've only seen one match with him in this year though but I expect little has changed. We should be careful.

happyH (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 18:54
I see hurrell starts for Barf again tomorrow.
Live on BT

So he can’t get a game for us, his apparent weakness is distribution and rather than practice that skill in the chump league, where he ought to have more time on the ball to do so, we loan him to Barf to crash it up?

Can’t quite fathom the logic

Any of Pat lams ear buddies enlighten me??

CMON BRISSS

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 00:52
Quote:
happyH
I see hurrell starts for Barf again tomorrow.
Live on BT

So he can’t get a game for us, his apparent weakness is distribution and rather than practice that skill in the chump league, where he ought to have more time on the ball to do so, we loan him to Barf to crash it up?

Can’t quite fathom the logic

Any of Pat lams ear buddies enlighten me??

CMON BRISSS

No idea really, Pat clearly rates him though due to the new contract. Perhaps them down the road are in need of that type of player and Pat wants to give him time at the highest level available, plus gets to see how he goes in the premiership (not to mention any inside information on them he can bring back)? Could be part of his work-ons process?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net