rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Team's up
Furriner (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 15:03
Very happy with our team and am feeling much more optimistic now.

No Glen Townson for them either.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 15:13
Bit worried that Gaston isn't at full fitness but maybe this has been a ploy from Pat.

I'm really nervous about this game.

gran (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 15:14
Great Gaston. Give them a bit of argie bargie.

cuddles (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 15:33
Gastonís scrummaging will get the better of Ealing Gibbonís who likes to go round the corner. I think Ealing didnít prepare for Gaston as I think Will Davis would of started but oddly enough I have followed their selection back since rumours in the TRP leaked Will is leaving as he hasnít started since neither has Thiede. In fact Thiede has played 20mins in 5 weeks

Platwell House (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 16:37
Glad to see Gaston starting, hope the lad sticks around next season.

APPLES (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 17:12
Not convinced that all of our scrummaging problems stem from just the front row...we aren't particularly bulky at 4/5/7 compared to other sides. Its called the engine room for a reason! Anyone who has played front row will tell you that the power from 4/5 is incredibly important

With newer laws and less emphasis on the engage, it gives more advantage to heavier but potentially less dynamic packs at scrumtime as the power comes on over time.

Channel2 (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 17:38
Quote:
APPLES
Not convinced that all of our scrummaging problems stem from just the front row...we aren't particularly bulky at 4/5/7 compared to other sides. Its called the engine room for a reason! Anyone who has played front row will tell you that the power from 4/5 is incredibly important
With newer laws and less emphasis on the engage, it gives more advantage to heavier but potentially less dynamic packs at scrumtime as the power comes on over time.

On the money there Apples. We are relatively lightweight at second row and I doubt if our props would be shunted around if they had Bedfords back five for example.

cuddles (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 17:52
Well not so sure about the last 2 comments over the scrum as I think the 1st phase set piece will be a big part of this game, incidentally I hear Gibbo the Ealing prop has just signed for Coventry of all sides, may have a point to prove

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 18:27
Why 'of all sides'? Cov looking a good bet for promotion and get much bigger crowds than Ealing.

cuddles (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 19:28
Of course why didnít I think of that join a team with a bigger crowd!

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 19:47
Yes, perhaps you should. Because it is an indicator of a club with a strong heritage, local connections and that has sustained those things despite financial problems, suffering injustice from the play-offs to an extent way beyond us. So perhaps he can see the potential there. Plus the promotion bit which you ignored

The Old Rascal (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 19:54
Not too worried about the team, my worry is the ref, Luke (I see no forward pass) Pearce.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 08:33
Interesting that we picked a back row (Lam) on the bench, and not a second row. After all, in case of an injury in the back row, Jeffferies could move back.

Now, any injury to Joe, and we would presumably play rest of the game with a second row combo of Jefferies and Haining.....bit lightweight.

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 08:38
True alex but quick

EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 11:05
Quote:
AlexInSouthville
Interesting that we picked a back row (Lam) on the bench, and not a second row. After all, in case of an injury in the back row, Jeffferies could move back.
Now, any injury to Joe, and we would presumably play rest of the game with a second row combo of Jefferies and Haining.....bit lightweight.

Think Luatua would move to 2nd row - he's quite big.

Whagwan (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 18:59
Gaston not starting through injury...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net