rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Searle or Sheedy
APPLES (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 17:03
Is Callum Sheedy injured?

If not, I don't get the logic of PL picking Searle in the league ahead of Sheedy.

Would have thought that you'd want your likely back-up ten for next season to be playing as much rugby as possible over someone choosing to leave the club. Sheedy's previous performances show he can handle the pressure of high stakes rugby!

Re: Searle or Sheedy
Brisser (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 17:17
I wonder if Searle hasn't confirmed he's leaving yet... this might be Pat trying to convince the young lad he has a place at the club

KJS (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 17:52
Pats job is to get us promoted, so he's picking the best players available now. This season that is Searle. Let's worry about next season once this one is sorted!

Peter D (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 18:20
Searle's ahead of Sheedy. When/if he leaves Sheedy's second choice, for not it's Searle. Perfectly logical and absolutely the correct decision.

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 18:26
Quote:
KJS
Pats job is to get us promoted, so he's picking the best players available now. This season that is Searle. Let's worry about next season once this one is sorted!

I agree, 100%. Some of the posts on here recently, anyone would think we were struggling somehow. Pat's decisions haven't been too shabby so far in my opinion, delivering 14/14.

Ashtonboy (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 18:47
I agree you play your best 15 but in my opinion when there is nothing between these 2 young players, (although I would have Sheedy all day). I feel PL should see the loyalty shown by Sheedy compared to Searle.

bofb (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 19:43
It's not just about the merits of each of the players its also about the opposition that you are playing - players will be chosen because of form, skill set and what impact they will have against a particular style of play. And with all due respect NONE of us are party to performance during training to know what is going on.

robtheh (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 20:05
Quote:
Ashtonboy
I agree you play your best 15 but in my opinion when there is nothing between these 2 young players, (although I would have Sheedy all day). I feel PL should see the loyalty shown by Sheedy compared to Searle.

Id see the opposite side to that particular coin: I see Searle as way, way ahead of Sheedy, and I feel that we play our best team in, hitherto, the most crucial game of the season.
But its all subjective, of course.

Ashtonboy (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 20:38
And that's exactly wat this forum is good for. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but being a retired out half myself, I look at this position with great interest and base my opinion on the finer details which if you don't know the position you wouldn't pick up on it.

Don Rooke (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 23:35
And what would they be?🤔

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 08:55
Im hoping Billy will stay, although I think. Callum will prove himself a better game manager.
If Billy does stay with us there will be many more threads like this one

Graham_U (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 22:50
To be honest HS, Pat's game plan doesn't seem to value game management in that style. I think I agree with your view on that, but I think Searle is currently streets ahead with respect to Pat's game plan. Sheedy took his chance in the play-off and did well for us, Bill did the same in the highter competition of the Prem last year and has really look made for Pat this season. Personally I expect Searle to go from what Pat has said publicly and I would expect/hope a replacement to be signed with Prem exp as no.2 to allow Sheedy to develop. Although if our game plan evolves then Sheedy could well prove himself in a more structured game plan, although we will need the pack to improve massively to provide a suitable platform for us to compete at a higher level.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2018 23:04 by Graham_U.

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 18:49
Yes Graham youre probably correct
Callum is a bit too steady for PLs game plans and might suit if we want to close a game down but as weve hardly seen him this season its hard to judge
I wonder if hell get more game time from now on as were entering safer waters
We could always loan him out down the road to show them what else they are missing!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net