rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Edinburgh clear-out
AGS (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 22:43
Weir on his way to Wuss next year. Wonder if Hidalgo-Clyne may be of interest to Pat?

Edinburgh: Weir, Du Preez, Hidalgo-Clyne & Tovey to leave in summer - [www.bbc.co.uk]

Re: Edinburgh clear-out
bs11 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 23:06
I really hope we do try to sign Hidalgo-Clyne a good player and a position we need another player in.

Graham_U (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 01:33
Always like SamHC, at one time he was clearly the best SH in Scotland, but Laidlaw was being picked for his kicking. Think this got to him and he lost his way/form badly. Over the last season he form has return to somewhere near his best (and he is a pretty decent kicker now), but I don't think he is a Cockers type of player. We were at Myerside on Friday and SHC came on and added the zip that won the game for Edinburgh. He would be a fantastic choice for us, and I think the new challenge would bring the best out of him.

I'd take Weir as well as the experienced back up to Madigan who could put pressure on him, and also offer a different style when needed. I know he is not universally popular but he has far more skill and pace than many give him credit for. Weir is a class above Tovey when confident.

Du Preez was fantastic in his first half a season for Edinburgh, was good enough to play MoM at 7 and an incredibly powerful ball carrier, but had a bad injury and has never been anywhere near as good since, and there has been no sign of improvement over the last couple of seasons.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Tiny George (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 08:00
The last players we got from Edinburgh were Ross Ronnie and Stuart Mac Inally. Ross was one of the best 7s Iíve ever seen play and Stuart seems to have switched to hooker successfully. Pity Stuartís not being let go.

RJC (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 08:08
We got McInally for the season that he switched from back row to hooker.

Ross was awesome, and he would have been incredible under PL.

Wouldn't mind if we could get SHC and Weir

JamboBris (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 10:47
I remember a commentator saying we were looking to sign SHC earlier this season during one of their games. Him and Stirzaker would certainly be a decent pairing with Uren in the mix too.

youngone (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 15:01
du preez to worcester

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net