Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Kieran Brookes
Professor.S (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 18:09
A possibility or a probability?

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2018 18:10 by Professor.S.

Re: Kieran Brookes
Rinkadink (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 18:14
Recall a fair number on their forum not rating him for various reasons.

I wouldn't say no but wouldn't want to see us pay over the odds.

Professor.S (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 18:22
Agreed, the main message from the Saints forum seems to be that he wasn't good value for money.

Sad to think of players in that way but I suppose with the salary cap in place it is what it is.

I have a sneaky feeling Brookes could be coming our way along with 2 Waspies.

Based on nothing other than gut feeling mind!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2018 18:23 by Professor.S.

JamboBris (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 19:45
Would we be looking for a second big money tighthead? Don't see it personally. A loosehead I could see. Macken from wasps was reported we had some interest. Wade is out of contract and we need another top winger. Could see us offering some decent money for him. Also Cips, Haskell, Eastmond all out of contract so many wasps to ponder over!

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 20:36
Don't need Cips now, although he's a fantastic player. I'd imagine his wages would be astronomical and we have Madigan. Hask, no. Eastmond might be worth a look, especially if we are losing Pisi. I'd be surprised if Wasps didn't retain Wade.

JamboBris (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 20:55
Think Wade may come down to salary. Bassett just signed a new contract. Watson still contracted and Miller and Le Roux have signed new deals too. With Shields, Sopoaga and others joining who knows. They were already bang on the cap this year so finances may not allow it.

CF_Doom (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 21:20
I think Wasps got fined for going over the cap, only just mind.

I've also read elsewhere that Brooks is off to Wasps.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 21:38
Quote:
CF_Doom
I think Wasps got fined for going over the cap, only just mind.
I've also read elsewhere that Brooks is off to Wasps.

Correct. Ran over by 40k apparently.

CF_Doom (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 22:12
Naughty @#$%&, haven't really benefited from breaking the cap though, it didn't take them to the title, especially when Beale and Piatau were there.

It will be interesting to see how our wage bill pans out over the next year or so?!

bs11 (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 22:27
Nailed on to go to Wasps I'd imagine they desperately need a couple of decent props I'd certainly be happy to have him here but not going to happen.

TimothyQ (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 08:28
he didnt work at saints, but he might work here. We need at least two premiership class probs to pick from on both sides. At the moment weve got Afoa and Gaston, but Afoa is getting on and Gaston has spent a lot of time on the physios table. Definitely room for another tight head and one or two at loose head IMO, whether hes value for money is another matter...does anyone know where we stand re the salary cap? Ive always assumed were miles away.

Bristol Bald Eagle (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 09:05
Does loaning out players help our salary cap? Might explain recent loan activity?

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 10:15
I used to think we could front load contracts in the Championship so that we could pay more in the Championship and less in the Premiership to finesse our way round the salary cap. It turns out that isn't possible. So I can't see that loaning out players now can really help in the event of promotion. Particularly as the club typically continues to pay all or some of the loanee's salary (depending on the exact loan arrangement of course).

SimonB (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 12:23
The guy is a mile ahead of Jamal FR who has played in his place for much of the season. Would be a good addition if we can get him.

SimonB (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 12:23
The guy is a mile ahead of Jamal FR who has played in his place for much of the season. Would be a good addition if we can get him.

Professor.S (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 22:28
Kyle Sinckler on the look out for a new club - Saracens, Sale, Worcester and Bristol reportedly interested.

Field marshall (IP Logged)
25 February, 2018 22:44
YES PLEASE! get Genge back and that's the front row sorted.

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 06:33
Another prop who cannot actually scrummage.

Platwell House (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 08:14
Genge isn't coming back though I have wondered recently if Pat Lam had been in charge when he left would he done anything differently to AR? Who knows

Rich. (IP Logged)
26 February, 2018 09:49
Quote:
Gray_Lensman
Another prop who cannot actually scrummage.

Sinkler do you mean? He may not be the best but he's good enough (incl. To scrummage ok against the ABs) and he's getting better - he still very young in terms of props and his ability at scrum time has improved significantly in the last 2 years and I am sure will continue to improve even more.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net