rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

London Scottish match reports
Allthetimeref (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 08:44
Has anyone on the forum come across any reliable match report for yersterday's game? Or was anyone at the game who can enlighten this forum on our performance? I heard Pat and Callum's post match comments on Radio Bristol, but cannot find any match reports.

Re: London Scottish match reports
Seedub (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 09:01
Try the offy site BristolRugby or the supporters facebook site. Plenty of places.

Arjay (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 09:01
Try the main site here [url=http://[www.bristolrugby.co.uk]]Match report[/url]

Allthetimeref (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 10:08
Thank you..... I'm now caught up.

John Denver (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 10:25
Pat Lam talked about how the forwards dominated the "set-piece" - As this has been an area of concern all season can anyone at the game enlighten me as to whether the scrum was helped by the return of Cortes or if Iro, with limited time to make a difference, might have kept things simple up front.

bofb (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 10:37
Scrum not perfect but IMHO operated better than it has for a while - also Cortez did not play the whole game and front row pretty disrupted by changes at times with both hookers injured James Lay ended up as hooker.

Lineouts were also pretty effective and nice to see more competition on Scottish throws which saw us win many against their throw - Joe Joyce was particularly good.

SimonB (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 12:57
First time I can remember for a long time where our pack dominated both scrum and lineout. Front row was very effective in first half, but fell foul of the ref a couple of times later - goodness knows what for. Latta added a lot to the second row, strong and fit, and lineout won virtually all ball, including theirs.
I would not get carried away as Scottish were woeful and outplayed everywhere. Don't understand how they drew with Bedford and ran Ealing close in earlier home games. They had early possession in both halves but after being pummelled by our defence they seemed to drop off their intensity. Only in the last 10 when a good few of ours were struggling with cramp - not used to this sort of heavy pitch? - did they show any threat.
I hope that the change in forwards coaching will build on this promising start.
Not sure that Lay signed up to playing hooker but did OK for last 30 mins there. Hope it was precautionary having both off so early.

youngone (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 13:44
in PLs interview he mentions thatr morahan, lam, NFW and harris-wrights subs were all due to 'soft tissue and cramp' you can see harris-wright walking around behind him in the interview so hopefully it was all just precautionary.

robtheh (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 14:06
I really felt for Scottish: times are obviously hard there.
Not the crowd I was expecting and very few beer stalls made it a different day out than the last few times.
But good fun, hospitable bunch down there.

Cooombsy (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 20:56
Quote:
bofb
Scrum not perfect but IMHO operated better than it has for a while - also Cortez did not play the whole game and front row pretty disrupted by changes at times with both hookers injured James Lay ended up as hooker.
Lineouts were also pretty effective and nice to see more competition on Scottish throws which saw us win many against their throw - Joe Joyce was particularly good.

Not that he hasn't been already, but I think Joe is going to be a very important player for us.

stufowell69 (IP Logged)
19 February, 2018 12:15
I think I heard that the crowd was only 1600 and their biggest of the season. First visit, felt like a "proper" rugby club. Suspect they've hit their highpoint in the pyramid

edb (IP Logged)
19 February, 2018 12:21
Quote:
bofb

I never had the impression that Pat Lam was particularly sold on Mark Bakewell, given the quote from him in the post about the massive improvement and the stripping back of the scrum, I suspect that he was pretty happy to let him go.

19 February, 2018 12:29
The crowd was 1863 but the announcer said it was 1683 but couldn't be assessed to correct it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net