Rich. (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 09:37
Interested me so thought ditto others. Good to see

[www.planetrugby.com]

Re: Spain beat Romania and on course for RWC 2019
T J (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 10:05
Good for them.

Long overdue that the so called 2nd tier nations get more help from the elitist top table.

I read in interesting article the other day after Ireland thrashed Italy stating that public support for rugby at all levels in Italy is actually declining because of their lack of progress since joining the 6N.

In my opinion, the tournament should be extended and promotion / relegation introduced to allow the 2nd tier nations a crack at the whip.

Rich. (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 10:58
Not that I'm suggesting this should happen but at the moment it almost feels like Italy should be back in the Europa Cup (I think the comparatively close score against England was partly due to England kicking a lot of possession back to them - as the backs looked like they could score at will). BUT there are signs things are looking better for a couple of years time +. Zebra and Bennetton (without the majority of their Italy players) both won away at the weekend against Dragons and Connacht (neither of who was that affected by international call ups) and the Italy U20s only lost 38-34 away last week in Ireland against Ireland U20s!!

It probs does need a Play off between bottom of Six Nations and top Europa - maybe at the Six Nations team's ground (just one leg). I say that because a one-off win at home quite possible but not good if that means the poorer team goes up and gets destroyed in the Six Nations the year after.

rambling sid (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 12:57
I understand that Germany are desperate to join in the next world Cup in Japan. That would be interesting.

Rich. (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 14:23
Quote:
rambling sid
I understand that Germany are desperate to join in the next world Cup in Japan. That would be interesting.

They are but they lost at home to Georgia 64-0 so a long way to go it seema

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 15:47
‘seema’ Did you write that in a foreign accent Rich?

Rich. (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 15:53
Quote:
Hercules Spoons
‘seema’ Did you write that in a foreign accent Rich?

😀 No but with very poor typing skilla, I mean skills (that a genuine 2nd error! big fingers on phone keyboard)

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 16:02
About the only thing Ceauscescu ever did for Rumania was to put money into the national rugby team, or at least it was during his ‘reign’, they’ve gone backwards ever since.

If Rugby’s governing bodies want to promote the game into a world sport they should be doing all they can to create and encourage lesser leagues to allow the sport to develop in Europe, South Seas, South America etc

It’s good that World Cup will be in Japan next time

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net