rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Further Signings?
Since 1888 (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 12:46
It may be my imagination but was there a reference in the 9 new signings announced that more would follow after the next block of games? I assumed that would be post Scottish game so can we expect another ‘signed up Saturday soon?

Does anyone ‘in the know’, know anything?

Re: Further Signings?
expectingrain (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 12:51
I imagine it will be early next week to ignite interest in the next home game on the weekend

Furnessman (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 12:55
I don't hold much hope, most of the top quality players are sealed sealed ready for next season, there may be chance of some foreign unknown quantities

thorpebayexile (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 12:56
If there is a need to sign anyone to play until the end of this season they need to be registered by the last Friday in Feb with the RFU as Bristol players.

However, I can't see the need for this with the Ealing result going our way.

I think timings of announcements will be now done for purely commercial timings and also what's agreed with the other teams.

I think they would like, as someone else said, to hold a batch of juicy announcements before a home game to spice up the interest generally.

LA Angel (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 13:07
Rewatched the signed up Saturday you tube clip and PL words were

"That's not all, there will be more to come in the future"

I personally suspect the next batch of new signings and re-signings will be announce ahead of season ticket details being released.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 13:14
From another board, there was one user (who's username i forget) who suggested that there are more Bristol signings to come....3 of which were described as 'head turning' signings (I paraphrase). Apparently their job means they have visibility of signings across a number of clubs.

Could all be nonsense, of course, but I can't really imagine what someone would have to gain from 'breaking' news under an anonymous name on a low-volume channel.

youngone (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 13:33
AlexInSouthville, everything else that cheaptoes said came to fruition so I fully am expecting his '3 head turning signings' to come to light. Im personally expecting another 5-10 champ singings to be announced and then 3 big name signings to be announced but im basing that on very little except some perpetuating rumors of certain champ players joining us but as of yet no concrete big name rumors.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 13:41
Quote:
youngone
AlexInSouthville, everything else that cheaptoes said came to fruition so I fully am expecting his '3 head turning signings' to come to light. Im personally expecting another 5-10 champ singings to be announced and then 3 big name signings to be announced but im basing that on very little except some perpetuating rumors of certain champ players joining us but as of yet no concrete big name rumors.

cheaptoes, that's the one. Sorry, name escaped me for a while.

Looking forward to seeing what news the next few weeks bring

thorpebayexile (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 14:24
I have to say, i've seen a few championship players this season who would do well in the premiership.

I thought the Ealing no 15 had real class.

Big Dave (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 18:38
Well, I had been dropping hints for a little while from a source I thought was unreliable to say the least but on this occasion seemed to have been proved right by the last announcement of a load of signings in one go. Now, one swallow doesn't make a summer, but I would say that I am expecting a further batch and ones we should be impressed by . . .

...has also been the source of nonsense though, I should add.

Platwell House (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 19:17
Any ideas who the head turners are?

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 20:21
I believe Sinoti Sinoti is one of them.

JamboBris (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 21:03
TRP say he's staying. Still think we'll have at least a parting interest in Wade who's on his way out of wasps.

JamboBris (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 21:12
Would want one top drawer lock. Nakawara would be ideal but on big money. Henderson yet to sign a new Ulster deal but think that's even more fanciful! Lock, wing, number 8 and another 9 for me would be priorities. Along with depth in the front row too.

RJC (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 21:19
I would like either Hidalgo-Clyne or Hougaard at 9.

robtheh (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 21:24
Nakarawa would be awesome.
I have to say I will be slightly underwhelmed should one of the head-turner’s be Sinoti; Haskell is, in my opinion, exactly the type of player that we may need next season.
I think one, maybe two of them will arrive from France. That’s complete supposition though.

BigO (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 22:31
Cipriani? With Madigan at 12...

LA Angel (IP Logged)
20 February, 2018 23:44
Wade, Hidalgo-Clyne, Nonu.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
21 February, 2018 01:27
Quote:
LA Angel
Wade, Hidalgo-Clyne, Nonu.

Based on?

JamboBris (IP Logged)
21 February, 2018 06:20
Hidalgo-Clyne is a decent player but would hardly describe as a mega signing. Wade would be obviously.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net