rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Bevington off...
Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 07:40
I don't think the regulations have changed, you can't change nationality once you've played for that country's team or its designated second side. For Wales that used to be the U20s until last season (I think) when it became Wales A. I can't recall seeing Wales A play, but that's a different question.

ROLLO (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 09:32
Rich I think that Wuss did quite a lot, taking him into the academy and developing his fitness and talent to be able to break into the AP, become at present its leading try scorer and get international recognition - I don't think that just happens on either the players or clubs part. I would have thought that Wuss deserve quite a bit of credit for that.
Turns out that not for the first time Walesonline may have been stirring the brown stuff, club say he is going no where.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 10:29
Walesonline gonna Walesonline.

People click their links so they'll keep doing it. sad smiley

Rich. (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 11:06
Quote:
ROLLO
Rich I think that Wuss did quite a lot, taking him into the academy and developing his fitness and talent to be able to break into the AP, become at present its leading try scorer and get international recognition - I don't think that just happens on either the players or clubs part. I would have thought that Wuss deserve quite a bit of credit for that.
Turns out that not for the first time Walesonline may have been stirring the brown stuff, club say he is going no where.

Fair enough Rollo - no doubt he is a better player than if he had stayed with the Scarlets being giving premiership rugby with Llanelli RFC and getting the occasional Anglo Welsh game for Scarlets perhaps - the point I was badly trying to get across is that I don't think Worcester made him necessarily into a better player than say the Dragons or Cardiff Blues would have done IF he'd had regular first team action for them (though they may have done). The problem he had is there was so many good and better players above him at Scarlets at the time.

But the problem the new rule (which I think is the correct rule for them) will have is that in certain positions (especially open-side flanker and scrum half) there are so many excellent Welsh players that 4 teams Is not enough, and in order to develop some young players will I'm sure still look to come over here for a bit to give themselves first team action and develop until such time as they can secure a first team contract back in Wales - in the way Rhodri Williams has done. Afterall if you are the regular scrum half for one of the four regions then in theory that puts you in the top four of five for National consideration.

Pub Singer (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 10:28
Quote:
Gray_Lensman
I don't think the regulations have changed, you can't change nationality once you've played for that country's team or its designated second side. For Wales that used to be the U20s until last season (I think) when it became Wales A. I can't recall seeing Wales A play, but that's a different question.

World Rugby introduced a a change in the regulations for this year onwards. No Union can now nominate their U20s as their next National Representative Team.

Wales did nominate Wales A (which didn't play) last year and they now cannot change it back to the U20s.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net