rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
City Season Tickets announced
AndyJB (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 18:49
City's tickets on sale from Monday until 6 April. I assume to avoid admin backlogs we can expect ours to go on sale early April? Just guessing. Prices for City look similar to last year's despite City challenging for promotion so can we expect only small increases or even frozen?

Also announced Following feedback from the Fan Advisory Network (FAN), PLUS membership has been disbanded in favour of the all-inclusive loyalty schemeí

Re: City Season Tickets announced
Peter_B (IP Logged)
27 February, 2018 21:26
What is the Fan Advisory Network?

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

happyH (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 07:15
Not sure if this will affect us, but my mate who is city season ticket holder 20+ years is mightily unhappy.

For the next season they have removed the under 19 category for the lower lansdowm.
This means the seat for his daughter would go up £300+

They are basically trying to force those with children out of lower lansdown
This hasnít gone down well with him and many other city supporters.

Obviously if he moves for a couple of seasons he then wouldnít get back in
Seems money driven by the club , he wasnít sure if it would affect us.
I would have thought that the rugby club would be completely against this

Anyone else heard about this for us?

CíMON BRISSSSS

chuckynut (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 09:26
Quote:
happyH
Not sure if this will affect us, but my mate who is city season ticket holder 20+ years is mightily unhappy.
For the next season they have removed the under 19 category for the lower lansdowm.

CíMON BRISSSSS

I think different groups want different things out of their experience and think Bristol Sport should try harder to accommodate this. If this move is driven by this I'd support it: think there is some merit in moving the kids out of some sections, it may well improve the atmosphere.

At the least, I would definitely be in favour of a kids section for the rugby - it can be totally rubbish going with small kids, especially for Friday night games as people get up and down all the time to go to the bar and then the loo. The kids also don't much like boozy banter.

If any of you have done the Hong Kong sevens, think that's a great example of how you can chose your seats depending on what you want. Unfortunately, I doubt Bristol sport would be brave enough to go the whole hog and allow our south stand to be like the south stand in Hong Kong.

airdog (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 10:51
I would happily pay an extra 20% for my season card to compensate the club if it agreed to shut the bars during the game as opposed to the current situation whereby it panders to the 5% of attendees who it seems cannot go 90 minutes without a beer .
It will not happen of course , the shutting the bars I mean not the 20% increase which I think is highly likely .

robtheh (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 11:13
Quote:
chuckynut

I think different groups want different things out of their experience and think Bristol Sport should try harder to accommodate this. If this move is driven by this I'd support it: think there is some merit in moving the kids out of some sections, it may well improve the atmosphere.

At the least, I would definitely be in favour of a kids section for the rugby - it can be totally rubbish going with small kids, especially for Friday night games as people get up and down all the time to go to the bar and then the loo. The kids also don't much like boozy banter.

If any of you have done the Hong Kong sevens, think that's a great example of how you can chose your seats depending on what you want. Unfortunately, I doubt Bristol sport would be brave enough to go the whole hog and allow our south stand to be like the south stand in Hong Kong.

Absolutely agree with this. Personally would like to see the kids section idea come to fruition.
With regard to your closing bars idea, Airdog, I'm dead against this: I am in your supposed 5% (more like 30% - 40% in my view) who enjoy getting a beer at the game. Always put myself at the end of a row to stop the situation to which you refer, however.

CF_Doom (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 11:14
Quote:
chuckynut
Quote:
happyH

CíMON BRISSSSS

It's a great weekend the HK 7s, I went a few years back when the Hoff was there, and I was being looked after by some lovely Canadian School teachers working in Hong Kong.

Unfortunately, I'm one of those annoying people who likes a beer during the game, and maybe you're right, maybe we need to accommodate the way people want to enjoy THEIR match day experience, without ruining someone else's, I bet it would be hard to set up though and keep everyone happy?!

chuckynut (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 11:36
Quote:
CF_Doom
Unfortunately, I'm one of those annoying people who likes a beer during the game, and maybe you're right, maybe we need to accommodate the way people want to enjoy THEIR match day experience, without ruining someone else's, I bet it would be hard to set up though and keep everyone happy?!

Me too but I am capable of buying a beer before kick off, making it last for a half and (usually) holding my bladder for 40 minutes!

I don't think it would be that difficult. With the football they have the singing section and you could easily do something similar for the rugby which is not recommended for under 18s. They can then have a family area elsewhere where families and the groups of kids can go. The bars can be manned and stocked accordingly (works both ways, the selection of stuff for kids is not great at the moment). Information can be given when you book and in the stadium. Over time people will then congregate where they feel most comfortable and it will start to self regulate with some help from sensible stewarding.

Jimeno (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 12:13
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

A NO DRINKS block in each stand.

I would pay a premium to sit there.

CF_Doom (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 12:14
That sounds good to me!

hooter (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 12:53
Me to.

Bristol Cornish (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 15:10
Isn't there already a family area in the corner?

I wonder what proportion of the crowd get so upset about people drinking? Where I sit there seem to be a lot of people drinking (myself included) and the atmosphere is really good and friendly. There are also a lot of kids there and I am more than happy to bring my kids into that environment rather than the family area.

I'd be glad to see a no drinking area because I don't want to have a bad time because people are unhappy with me having a beer, just the same as people don't want to have a bad time because I'm having a beer (if that makes sense!)

Singapore Sam (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 16:18
Quote:
chuckynut

Not sure the South Stand is a particularly good example, there is heavy drinking in all parts of the ground during the 7's. In fact in recent years there has been quite of lot of trouble in that stand and the police now institute a crowd control policy as its the 'in place' to be seen, act like a @#$%& and prove your inability to take alcohol. One good thing at the 7's is they have people walking around selling beer/food etc so that stems the flow of people back and forth to the bars. Didn't they have something like that at the Memorial Ground some years back?

robtheh (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 16:32
Quote:
Singapore Sam
Quote:
chuckynut

Not sure the South Stand is a particularly good example, there is heavy drinking in all parts of the ground during the 7's. In fact in recent years there has been quite of lot of trouble in that stand and the police now institute a crowd control policy as its the 'in place' to be seen, act like a @#$%& and prove your inability to take alcohol. One good thing at the 7's is they have people walking around selling beer/food etc so that stems the flow of people back and forth to the bars. Didn't they have something like that at the Memorial Ground some years back?

During the European games: Heineken barrel-bearers I think.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 19:17
Absolutely no problem with people drinking at rugby, closing the bars is a daft idea. Refusing to move for those who are attempting to get to seats until a break in play occurs is not and should hopefully send the message.

hooter (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 19:33
Think it would be far easier for stewards to stop people from entering the stands until there is a break in play.

paulwg (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 08:52
[quote hooter]Think it would be far easier for stewards to stop people from entering the stands until there is a break in play.[/quote

Always thought this was by far the most practicable solution. Sends a message/adds a little frustration both of which could reduce the Ďproblemí anyway.

Rich. (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 09:34
[quote paulwg][quote hooter]Think it would be far easier for stewards to stop people from entering the stands until there is a break in play.[/quote

Always thought this was by far the most practicable solution. Sends a message/adds a little frustration both of which could reduce the Ďproblemí anyway.[/quote]

They do that at Bath judging from my experience when I went there last season (free ticket from a mate I hasten to add)

Cidered Abroad (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 14:00
Quote:
Bristol Cornish
Isn't there already a family area in the corner?
I wonder what proportion of the crowd get so upset about people drinking? Where I sit there seem to be a lot of people drinking (myself included) and the atmosphere is really good and friendly. There are also a lot of kids there and I am more than happy to bring my kids into that environment rather than the family area.

I'd be glad to see a no drinking area because I don't want to have a bad time because people are unhappy with me having a beer, just the same as people don't want to have a bad time because I'm having a beer (if that makes sense!)

It is not the drinking that is a problem. It's those who are off to the bar within ten minutes of kick off and that continues for whe whole game.
It's becoming a real nuisance simply because the old habit of nipping out for another beer is based on the all standing terraces and is just unsuitable for all seated stadia. Even WRU are said to be considering closing the bars at Millenium during play.

Cidered Abroad (IP Logged)
02 March, 2018 14:08
City have just announced that the pricing in Lansdown Lower for under 22, u 19 and u 12 will remain and not force people to move seats.

They have relented on their plans not to have younger age discounts in Lower Lansdown but have hinted that that is their long term plan.

Anyone heard when the Bris ST's are going on sale?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net