Jersey - Match Officials & team news
corporalcarrot (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 14:18
Bristol vs Jersey
Referee: Ian Tempest
Assistant referees: Robert Warburton, Chris Sharp
Assessor: Sam Collins
Citing commissioner: Danny Rumble

I will post team news as it becomes available. A bit cold in St Ouens today.

Don't kick it pick it up and GO FORWARD

Re: Jersey - Match Officials & team news
robtheh (IP Logged)
28 February, 2018 15:06
Aptly named citing comissioner

Dieselpup (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 11:05
Lets hope they have a good game ...(Sm29)

AGS (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 13:38
I wonder when the Jersey players are flying over. Going to be fun getting into Lulsgate

Portisteve (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 15:08
Is there any chance of it being snowed off if we get what is forecast here and surrounding areas? My phone app has changed and now says snow on Sunday too

01 March, 2018 15:15
Jersey usually travel the day before a match and as there are no flights to Bristol on Saturday are more likely to route via another airport. I got a bargain flight early on Sunday through Southampton so if a pitch inspection is likely I hope they announce the findings on Saturday. Do Briz have an all weather alternative venue nearby in the event of a problem with the pitch at AG?

01 March, 2018 15:32
I would suggest the pitch will be fine, it's the surrounding area and travel disruption that could kill it

Jimeno (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 15:37
Most flights into Bristol and all flights out of Jersey are cancelled today and I can't see it changing tomorrow.

Good chance the match will be postponed I would think.

Jimeno (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 16:18
Note that the FB post "Gate Guide" has KO at 3pm but the Website has 2PM.

I assume it's 2PM.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2018 16:19 by Jimeno.

Jay Jay (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 16:54
City are due to play at The Gate on Saturday, may be a guide as to the likelihood of our match going ahead.

tomthepom (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 18:18
Jersey squad are on the 1350 flight to Southampton on Saturday. Looks comfortably warm enough by then - in fact by Friday AM - for the airport here to be running as normal. And the pitch should I hope be playable with undersoil heating. Just hope our destination airport is ok, and the roads between there and Bristol too - red and amber warnings aren't great to hear - hopefully they'll pass, and yellow we can probably cope with!

ps we are expecting a 2pm KO

robtheh (IP Logged)
01 March, 2018 18:24
As long as spectator safety isn’t going to be compromised, I think it should go ahead.

02 March, 2018 11:24
Jersey Reds squad v Bristol Rugby (A) - Greene King IPA Championship, Round 17/22, Sunday March 4th, Ashton Gate, k-o 2pm

Backs (15-9)

Scott Van Breda (co-capt)
Tom Pincus
Apakuki Ma'afu
Mark Best
Jason Worrall
Brendan Cope
Kieran Hardy

Forwards (1-8)

Jake Woolmore (co-capt)
Nick Selway
Jake Armstrong
Jerry Sexton
James Voss
Rory Bartle
Conor Joyce
Max Argyle

Replacements

Jack Macfarlane, Roy Godfrey, Alec Clarey, Uili Kolo'ofa'i, Jake Upfield; Joel Dudley, George Eastwell.

Some big lads there!

03 March, 2018 14:53
Quote:
tomthepom
Jersey squad are on the 1350 flight to Southampton on Saturday. Looks comfortably warm enough by then - in fact by Friday AM - for the airport here to be running as normal. And the pitch should I hope be playable with undersoil heating. Just hope our destination airport is ok, and the roads between there and Bristol too - red and amber warnings aren't great to hear - hopefully they'll pass, and yellow we can probably cope with!
ps we are expecting a 2pm KO
The 13.50 flight to Southampton just left about an hour late - probably needed to load up extra fuel to carry the huge squad but the lads are on their way.

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 17:14
Thanks for the update Corporal, I think the lack of a opposing team was the biggest risk in the games postponement

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net