rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Hurrell
T J (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 17:03
For anyone interested there’s an interview on BT Sport with Todd Blackaddder around the impact their mid-season signings have had, focussed heavily around Hurrell.

Seems as though Lam and Blackadder know each other well from NZ as situation came about through Blackadder ringing Pat and “asking for a favour.”

Blackadder also very specifically said it’s a win win situation as Lam “wants to develop Hurrell for Bristol.”

Have to admit it seemed odd seeing a Bris player interviewed wearing their colours, but hey ho.

Re: Hurrell
Platwell House (IP Logged)
03 March, 2018 19:49
It is very weird seeing him in Bath colours however I feel Hurrell will be back next season sharp for the task ahead.

Field marshall (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 09:14
Lam likely couldn't care less about our historic rivalry with bath. He cares about the benefit to the team and thats ok with me!

Peter D (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 09:23
It's not really that historic a rivalry, really only dating back to the 80s when they became a force to be reckoned with. Prior to that they were on our fixture list because they were a local club of a reasonable standard.

Cunning Stunts (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 09:49
Barf are in the mix for 4th spot so there’s a (very) outside chance that Hurrell could get to Twickers and even win the Prem. it’d be galling to watch but he deserves everything he gets for the effort he puts in.

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 10:00
He’s at Twickenham today isn’t he?

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 12:11
Quote:
Peter D
It's not really that historic a rivalry, really only dating back to the 80s when they became a force to be reckoned with. Prior to that they were on our fixture list because they were a local club of a reasonable standard.

But there aren't (weren't, as do we have one anymore being a Championship team for roughly a decade?) many as intense rivalries in rugby union as there was us vs Barf.

This says it all

http://rugbywrapup.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/David-Lemi-flips-Bath-the-Bird.jpg

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 12:29
Except that's from when he was at Wasps

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 12:40
Quote:
Gray_Lensman
Except that's from when he was at Wasps

Exactly!

Peter_B (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 12:54
B**f was a much more recent phenomenon. They are not our rivals at all at the moment

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 13:05
Quote:
Peter_B
B**f was a much more recent phenomenon. They are not our rivals at all at the moment

All of the Bath fans I know (admittedly all under the age of 40) do not see Bristol as rivals, in any shape or form. We have simply been an irrelevance for too long.

gran (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 13:52
In the 1950/1960 era we played b**h on county championship days . If Gloucestershire were playing Somerset the glos team was half bris and half glaws. The Somerset team was half bris and the rest from Bridgewater and Albion, Weston, Clifton, and a couple from our near neighbours.
We saved the full team for the games with Cardiff,Newport, Bridgend, aberavon, Swansea, newbridge, ponty and glaws.
Ok, ok the memory becomes more selective......

Platwell House (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 13:53
I think Nikita Khrushchev said it perfectly and it makes me think of the Bristol / Bath rivalry as it stands.

"When we catch you up, in passing you by, we will wave to you.”

The Old Rascal (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:45
After watching todays game and our centres spending most of the time confusing each other, I thought what we need is a centre who can run at the opposition without giving the ball away. Wait a minute, we have one, but he is enjoying game time playing for Bath. Until he is back playing for us I will not be attending another match. The decision on lending him out plus many other baffling playing staff decisions such as Olly Robinson have left me totally bewildered. Come on Bris sort this out.

robtheh (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 19:24
Well, he’s gone for this season.
You need to get over that!!

cuddles (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 20:32
Has Will gone to replace Banahan?
Bath can give him a career in the Prem which something we can’t guarantee, the whole situation seems very odd to me I don’t think he will just return at the end of the season

Jimeno (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 08:54
From the Bristol Post

Quote:
With Bath reportedly in need of a couple new new centres next season, with Matt Banahan joining Gloucester and Ben Tapuai going to Harlequins, Blackadder was asked whether he had explored if Hurrell’s move to The Rec could be made permanent.
Talking to the Bath Chronicle he said: "We would never do that out of respect for Bristol.

"We're pretty thankful that they've loaned him to us and we'd never want to undo that good will.

“For us, he's getting the game time he's been desperate for and he's still working on his game. I think it's been great for him and been great for us."

Purpendicular (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 09:00
Quote:
gran
In the 1950/1960 era we played b**h on county championship days . If Gloucestershire were playing Somerset the glos team was half bris and half glaws. The Somerset team was half bris and the rest from Bridgewater and Albion, Weston, Clifton, and a couple from our near neighbours.
We saved the full team for the games with Cardiff,Newport, Bridgend, aberavon, Swansea, newbridge, ponty and glaws.
Ok, ok the memory becomes more selective......

And the 1970's. In those days we played Wasps & Saracens (the weakest of the London teams) on county weekends and still beat them.

Bristapo (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 09:48
From my post re the Bath v Saints game.

Pat Lam was analysing at last nights match... The deep end v Saints. Had his Bristol Rugby jacket on and sung the praises of Will Hurrell who he repeated is a Bristol player. Pat's very good but can't half chat.

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 11:51
If he signs for B**h next season I won't blame him. He's starting for them regularly and playing well when he's only really had a cameo role with us down in the Championship.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net