Untitled Document

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Link for todays game?
robtheh (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 15:55
That was awful.
Basics not there.
Pinging hard spin passes to your ball carrier from a yard away is stupid.
Right decision to take Uren off: his control was very poor.
Lineout went to pot, as did the scrum, again.
Gaston shouldíve stayed on, Lay didnít add too much.
We looked shell-shocked after Luatua went off.
We need a forwards coach, and a bl00dy good one.
We also need to stop getting disrupted by teams going down injured at every break in play.

Fair play to Jersey: they played us exactly right for the circumstances.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2018 15:57 by robtheh.

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:03
Pretty much my thinking Rob, I would add Latta and Tonga stood still at first receiver, why? Pack getting bullied and what the flip has happened to Jack Lam? Dan Thomas made him look very very ordinary.
Pat Lam needs to get his head around what is needed in the prem and a strong pack is an absolute must.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:04
From listening on the radio, why didn't we get Dan Thomas involved sooner? Did Sheedy make it on to the pitch? Why did we make so many changes from the game against London Scottish as it was a very good performance? Why were we not sticking to the systems today (Glynn thought some were forcing it)? Why did the intensity only go up after 65 minutes and not from 0?

robtheh (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 19:37
Quote:
Rinkadink
From listening on the radio, why didn't we get Dan Thomas involved sooner? Did Sheedy make it on to the pitch? Why did we make so many changes from the game against London Scottish as it was a very good performance? Why were we not sticking to the systems today (Glynn thought some were forcing it)? Why did the intensity only go up after 65 minutes and not from 0?

Sheedy (in my humble opinion) should have been dispensed with at the expense of the young 10, with premiership experience, that we have in Searle and we should have done what was necessary to keep him. Sheedy would have had no impact on todayís game: it was lost in the forwards, and everyone probably getting too excited, too early about breaking this record of 16 games won on the bounce.
Sometimes our media dept need to know when to shut the hell up.
I think Thomas needs a rest: he did well when he came on but I thought he was flagging by the end.
We also lose quite a lot of shove on his side of the scrum when he plays.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2018 19:43 by robtheh.

Ashtonboy (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 20:29
You are entitled to your opinion, that's what this forum is about. However, like you say the game was lost by the forwards so why you think it's ok to have a personal knock at young talent is beyond me. For whatever reason Searle chose not to sign and for you to say Bristol should have signed him no matter what I find a little extreme. Let's just think what Searle has achieved - not a lot. There are a large number of 'Billy Searles' out there which I assume is what PL thinks too. Both Searle and Sheedy are extremely talented young lads but different players admittedly, so let's back these players instead of having a personal pop. But to be honest I don't think Johnny Sexton would have made a difference there, never mind Searle! I do agree with you though I thought Dan Thomas was outstanding when he came on.

robtheh (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 21:31
Perfectly entitled to your opinion.
One thing is not up for debate: Iím not having a pop at Sheedy. My opinion is that Searle is by far the better player, and that Bristol should have done what they could to have kept Searle. Thatís where it ends.

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 06:41
Bristol may have done what they could to keep Searle. How do you know they didn't?

robtheh (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 07:55
Quote:
Gray_Lensman
Bristol may have done what they could to keep Searle. How do you know they didn't?

I donít. Itís merely supposition on my part.
I do wonder, however, whether Sheedy being offered a new deal at the same time had anything to do with Searleís decision to leave.

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 11:00
In which case rob, Searle must rate Sheedy higher than you?

robtheh (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 11:51
Quote:
Hercules Spoons
In which case rob, Searle must rate Sheedy higher than you?

Or sees that Lam et al do.
Which, granted, they have a lot more experience in seeing these things, but I have my own opinion, as you no doubt have yours.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net