rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Bad
Hoopsy (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:05
I know it's the 1st game we have lost but wow that was bad ..I keep reading all these great reviews about the progress we are making ..we have defended poorly all season and up front we are awful .. still. I'll get slated from the Rose Tinted brigade on hee but I really don't think we have improved at all. Should have enough to scrape across the line and get promoted ... But we are not a good side and at the moment our survival chances in the Prem are no better than last season. Dreadful !!

Re: Bad
Rinkadink (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:07
Why do you only come out of the woodwork when we lose? :'))

Credit to Jersey? Sounded like they had a great game.

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:12
Fair play to Jersey, they had a very solid line out and scrum but we gifted them 2 or 3 tries. I donít think they had to do too much to be honest. We looked really bad, no rose tinted specs here. We will improve and get better with better personnel but the juryís out on our forward coaching and the aimless chucking it around in our 22 involving forwards as pivots.

Hoopsy (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:14
So you criticise my opinion but you didn't actually see the performance ?? Wow there really is a certain kind of stupid Rink a dunk and you are it. I've watched nearly every home game and a few away ..the above us my honest assessment of what I have seen ... Rose Tinted Brigade are in !

Brizzle (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:18
Our scrum has been a problem for a few years, we get turned over by the opposition too often. Not sure if it's a problem with coaching or whether we have the right player.

Allthetimeref (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:24
I wasnt overly impressed by the officials today, and credit to Jersy, they came with a game plan and stuck to it. Bristol looked disjointed and some of the training ground moves still need a lot of work. Like others, i feel we will still finish top, but worry that yet again we will be seeing Championship rugby after next season.

bennystoon (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:27
Dreadful performance by the lads today but what I find more shocking is the way in which fellow supporters turn on each other when somebody offers up their opinions. PL may be a good coach or great motivator but come on guys seriously with the squad, talent and money we have spent we should be turning these championship sides over day in day out in readiness for the prem. I do think we will scrape promotion but stay up???? Bristol just isn't a fashionable club to play for and we will never attract the quality of player to compete in either the prem or Europe.

Hoopsy (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:27
Jersey just did the basics well ...why can't we just do that ? Do we have a defensive plan ? Why are we chucking the ball around in our own 22 ?? So many questions remain unanswered and we stumble in to promotion. It never gets any easier supporting thus club !!

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:30
Quote:
Hoopsy
So you criticise my opinion but you didn't actually see the performance ?? Wow there really is a certain kind of stupid Rink a dunk and you are it. I've watched nearly every home game and a few away ..the above us my honest assessment of what I have seen ... Rose Tinted Brigade are in !

https://media.giphy.com/media/CoDp6NnSmItoY/200.gif

Hoopsy (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:32
Glad to see those who actually WATCHED the game tend to agree ...Rink a dunk and I have previous so no surprise about his ridiculous comment ... watch the game before you criticise someone's opinion might be a good rule to follow on here Rink a dunk.... are you Mr Booy really ?

T J (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:32
As Iíve said in other threads before todayís loss, we are currently a long way off being a Premiership team, and the loss today reinforces that.

Iím starting to get Deja vu from the last season in the Championship before we got promoted - then it was our defence which was an embarrassment which everyone could see apart from the management of the time. While our defence has improved this time around (but is still not good enough by a country mile), our forward play seems to be the issue this year.

Other teams seem to be able to work out how to beat us very easily, and when they do we donít have the ability or presence of mind to work out a plan b. Bedford did it a couple of weeks ago and came close, Jersey went one better today and fair play to them.

Hoopsy (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:33
Ah brilliant ... Rink a dunk ... you are just proving my point !

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:42
Quote:
Hoopsy
Ah brilliant ... Rink a dunk ... you are just proving my point !

Calm down, it's just a game of rugby. I haven't disagreed we were @#$%& today, but you may not have noticed over all the grandstanding?

I will disagree strongly over us not being better overall than in recent seasons however and I will ask why in the name of consistency, if we haven't improved at all, have you not called for the sacking of Pat Lam as you did Robbo and Taints?

bennystoon (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:42
Quote:
T
our forward play seems to be the issue this year.
Other teams seem to be able to work out how to beat us very easily, and when they do we donít have the ability or presence of mind to work out a plan b. Bedford did it a couple of weeks ago and came close, Jersey went one better today and fair play to them.

Mr Bakewell was lambasted week in week out for his lack of forwards coaching skills and yet he leaves us and we lose our first match....Strange days Indeed!!

Hoopsy (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:45
You didn't see the game so why criticise an opinion of someone who did ? Stay off the thread if you don't have a valid point about what you actually saw ?
Spec savers do Rose Tinted glasses ? Free for morons obviously.

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:46
Second game

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:47
Quote:
bennystoon
Quote:
T

Mr Bakewell was lambasted week in week out for his lack of forwards coaching skills and yet he leaves us and we lose our first match....Strange days Indeed!!

That's factually incorrect; we won the first match after his departure convincingly - even got some scrum penalties and similar along the way.

bennystoon (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:48
Quote:
Rinkadink
Quote:
bennystoon
Quote:
T

That's factually incorrect; we won the first match after his departure convincingly - even got some scrum penalties and similar along the way.

I stand corrected but the point remains the same

Old Guy (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:48
I feel that a part of the problem is that there is no intensity at the start of the games almost as if the players feel that we are already promoted and they don't need to try too hard. Again, it was only in the last 20 minutes or so when they realised there was a risk that we might lose. At Ealing they just managed to scrape through, but today it was too late. Perhaps the players should be reminded that the supporters are paying £20+ to watch them and they ought to make the effort for the whole game, but then I think I am being naive.

T50 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:50
]We are allowed one poor game in what has been a great season overall.Unless you make mistakes you dont know what you have to do to improve,and yes today we made some ,but we will come back stronger in the next game

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net