rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Re: Bad
Hoopsy (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:51
Just for the record I have never called for Mark Tainton to be sacked. Praised frequently for the way he dealt with the shambles of Robinson's squad ... you don't get a lot right Rink a dunk do you ? You still cheering shoulder charges on players that could end their careers ?? Remember that Moron !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2018 16:52 by Hoopsy.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:56
Jersey were good, but not great....but they didn't need to be, as Bristol were awful.

The midfield pod/decoy game simply doesn't work if there are no hard forward runners, as the defence can just drift all day long. Piutau carried hard and bravely, but without credible runners inside him, Jersey could drift out and cover him.

I hate to criticise refs, as I am sure we all have bad days in our respective jobs, but he was atrocious, and looked completely out of his depth. I am embarrassed for him.

He also allowed the Jersey medic to completely dictate the pace of the game....player safety is paramount, but she was running on to enquire about the health of players who on their feet, looking in the other direction. I am sure it was well intentioned, but where do you draw the line?

The Old Rascal (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 16:57
Bring back Will Hurrell quick. Stop all this @#$%& footing in our 22, head down and do not give the ball away or interceptions. The only ones we are confusing are our centres who did not look as though they had been introduced to each other never mind trained together.

04 March, 2018 16:59
I think the real problem was lack of leadership on the field leading to poor decisions such as turning down the penalty in front of the posts in the second half and then going down the other end and giving a pen away which Jersey kicked!! 7.wheres our pick and drive game for plan B gone? Today was crying out for it not going wide from everywhere

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:06
Quote:
Hoopsy
Just for the record I have never called for Mark Tainton to be sacked. Praised frequently for the way he dealt with the shambles of Robinson's squad ... you don't get a lot right Rink a dunk do you ? You still cheering shoulder charges on players that could end their careers ?? Remember that Moron !
See above for evidence to the contrary. I stand half corrected and point remains, to borrow the phrase.

As an aside you're making that last bit up* and is also completely irrelevant to this discussion, if it could be called that. As are your constant distasteful and uncalled for insults and personal attacks. People have been banned for less here.

*(For anyone wondering Rugby Football League and sports injury bods published their research on no-arms tackles years back and the results were surprising in that less serious injuries occurred as a result compared to the regular wrap around variety. Therefore I didn't think they needed to be outlawed outright.)

Hoopsy (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:09
I really had hoped that by now we would be getting it right ..the new signings to come in and improve us to have a chance at staying up next season. We are weak up front ... still can't defend ..and seem to rely on individual brilliance to score tries. This is a very ordinary Championship ..If a Wuss or Newcastle were in it we would be looking at another season at least playing in it.
Just my opinion based on what I have seen and not what I read.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:11
Oh and before I bow out of this thread for good, you perhaps will want to read my other posts from today in other threads regarding Glynn's comments on the radio, squad selections, substitutions and more as I'm sure you're interested in genuinely discussing something instead of peronally attacking me, right?

*edit*

Quote:
Hoopsy
I really had hoped that by now we would be getting it right ..the new signings to come in and improve us to have a chance at staying up next season. We are weak up front ... still can't defend ..and seem to rely on individual brilliance to score tries. This is a very ordinary Championship ..If a Wuss or Newcastle were in it we would be looking at another season at least playing in it.
Just my opinion based on what I have seen and not what I read.

This is a good post, aside from the last sentence.

*edit 2*

Quote:
Hoopsy
Don't criticise when you haven't actually watched the game ..looking very stupid now mate.

Then you go and spoil it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2018 17:17 by Rinkadink.

Hoopsy (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:12
Don't criticise when you haven't actually watched the game ..looking very stupid now mate.

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:19
Quote:
T50
]We are allowed one poor game in what has been a great season overall.Unless you make mistakes you dont know what you have to do to improve,and yes today we made some ,but we will come back stronger in the next game

I applaud your positivity T50 but cracks in our strategy and forward pack have been apparent all season and we will be cannon fodder again with that lack of ability next season.
We can beat the, letís face it, poor championship teams by 50 points all we like but come up against a well drilled and defensively sound team and we have looked bang average just scrapping by in several cases. A top forwards coach is urgently required or it could be deja vue next year with the first 10 games of last season.
Keep it up optimists! But Iím feel a little deflated this evening.

Hoopsy (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:20

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2018 17:22 by Hoopsy.

Bristapo (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:22
I think Andy...put the ball in, stand on it have a good look around, have a sandwich, check Twitter,have a beer, book a holiday, bath the kids,clean the car,stand still in amazement and watch as the Jersey hooker steams through and picks up the ball and they score... Uren... was a large contributor to our loss today. How many times were his kicks charged down ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2018 17:26 by Bristapo.

Paulie (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:32
I thought the defence had been improving and had won us a few games. Which makes it such an odd decision to move our defence coach to interim forwards coach and pl take it over. It's taken 2years to get it even credible and looks like we've undone it in 3 weeks.

All in all a bad day at the office, not the first one but the first time we haven't got out of jail. Some decision making when we'd actually created overlaps only to give tries away one or two phases later (latta/haining) and no idea why Williams didn't back himself and run straight. Also to me it looked like support players were lazy. How many breaks and how many turnovers because we were out numbered (last one about 9 to 3). Hopefully it will be a kick up the backside and we can finish the season strongly. Jersey did execute their kicking game very well. Was the 14 the one rumoured to have signed for us?

rambling sid (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:32
That was a terrible performance today. As others have said where has all the money gone. In the second half the line out was terrible and really bad decisions made. On one occasion on their 5 metre line the ball was overthrown straight to one of their men. We lost several line outs on the run.
Why when a penalty would have brought us back to within two scores of them didn't we take the 3 points in front of the posts. We chucked that away and then they went down the other end and scored.
I didn't rate the referee and I thought he made one of the worst decisions I've ever seen when he yellow carded our man for defending a high up and under. He was stood there waiting for the ball and the Jersey player jumped/dived at it. Unsurprisingly he ended up on the floor. They scored from this - an absolute farce. Does this mean players can't defend up and unders for fear of being yellow carded

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:40
Can I just add the referee to the 'bad' category? Not the reason we lost at all (congratulations to Jersey) but that was a very poor performance from the officials. Not sure what Piutau was supposed to do about someone dangerously clattering into him when he was nowhere near the ball. That was even worse than Pisi's sending off last season. There were several high tackles that didn't get picked up , a couple of no-arm 'tackles' and several arms left dangling at neck height when the Bristol player stepped them. And then there was the kick ahead in the second half in which the entire Jersey pack were in front of the kicker. Did they retreat? No. Did they stand still even? No , they kept running forward and then tackle the Bristol player who had taken the ball. At no point were any of them back onside. Not a peep from the ref. And as for the meeting and slow walk to every lineout for the final half hour I do not understand why the ref didn't even speak to them. And when Bristol players are twice taken out in the air not a hint of yellow. Where's the consistency?

Motherrucker1982 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:40
We lost - and deservedly so IMO. I've been one to praise our performances especially in regard to defence (which I stand by). We gifted Jersey at least 2 tries through individual error and too many players were on an off day. Does this result define us - hopefully not. Hopefully it has the opposite and really highlights these famous 'work ons' we're supposed to be developing.
I have to agree that our forwards seem to be an enigma - we have regularly been second best in the tight this year but some have developed this all court game Pat likes. The problem is we don't seem to be able to do both. We need to think carefully about our plans for next year and the game we need to play to survive.
I do have faith in Pat and co for next year and feel we have every chance to stay up should we win promotion this year - however, we'll be fighting it our for 11th and no higher at this rate.
Let's just all get along and stay on this ride that will no doubt have many more twists and turns over the next 18 months - then we can objectively discuss where we're at as a team/club.
C'mon Bris!!

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:46
Quote:
Paulie

and no idea why Williams didn't back himself and run straight

IMO he backs himself too often, Leiua was waiting for a simple draw and pass to trot down the wing and score but J. Williams who has been pretty greedy all season wanted the glory. His steps and pace have been a joy to watch but selfishness got the better of him on that occasion.
Takes me back to my playing days when that happened to me, letís just say he never did it again for fear of me taking his head off his shoulders!

The Old Rascal (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 17:55
Gray absolutely correct. I said exactly word for word as you to the guy next to me.

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 18:02
That was me!

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 18:16
small World!

CF_Doom (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 18:31
I felt for Uren, but he had a nightmare, NFW didn't make an impact off the bench and our line out got worse as the game went on, jersey managed the game very, very well, but as someone has said, we gifted them two tries and didn't compete over the park, we deserved what we got.

At least we have the bonus point and we live to fight another day.

Some booing at the end upset me, we are top and have only lost one game, we need to be thankful for that.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net