rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Scrum half
LA Angel (IP Logged)
04 March, 2018 21:22
Is Nic Stirzaker still with Saracens on 3 month deal?

Is there any chance we can get him on board ahead of next season / next game??

Re: Scrum half
Furnessman (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 15:38
also Saracens have 3 flyhalfs at least anychance of getting one of them?

Don Rooke (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 21:38
We have 3 fly half’s for next year already

youngone (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 06:59
It was such a shame to see Uren have such a wobbly yesterday. I for one think hes looked fairly solid in his appearances this season and was really hoping to see him transition into our #1 SH for the rest of the season. Will be interesting to see how PL manages him after the Jersey game.

RJC (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 07:10
I'm hoping that we get another scrum half in for next season, taking nothing away from Uren, but we need more than the three we have signed on for next season.

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 07:30
There is a salary cap in the Premiership.

JamboBris (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 08:15
Not sure you can count Cullen towards our SH numbers given he hasn't played this season let alone in the prem. Stirzaker and Uren is not enough.

corporalcarrot (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 08:26
Quote:
youngone
It was such a shame to see Uren have such a wobbly yesterday. I for one think hes looked fairly solid in his appearances this season and was really hoping to see him transition into our #1 SH for the rest of the season. Will be interesting to see how PL manages him after the Jersey game.
I was surprised that Uren started before Williams but both are outstanding scrum halves imo. He was pressed at the breakdown on Saturday but the coaches should ensure that your forwards provide better fringe cover or guards than they demonstrated against Jersey. The Bristol clear out at breakdown was generally good but fringe the defence looked suspect. The last thing Bristol need is five or six scrum halves so that at least half of them never get a game although if they do I'm sure Jersey and all of the other championship clubs would be delighted to borrow them on loan. Huge pity we didn't see Sheedy on Saturday he is another cracking player who got better and better during his loan spell here and like Nick Haining is always welcome in St Ouens. All the best next season lads cc

Don't kick it pick it up and GO FORWARD

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 08:49
Don't give up on Uren just yet fellas.

His service is sublime, and he wont be the last player to have a wobble early in their careers.

Ernie Ball (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 09:15
We need a SH that can hit the ground running and a real live wire in the style of Faf de Klerk (Sale). Also needs a large, fast and aggressive pack in front of him. This is a key area for recruitment. I don't know about Nic Stirzaker as never heard of him previously.

Graham_U (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 10:21
I've liked Uren but am not sure he is as good (yet) as we thought/hoped he was. Although he started well this season IMHO his formed looked to have dropped rather than improved as the season went on with Sunday was a major blip. I guess he no longer gets the adrenaline buzz when he plays so needs a more professional focus than Sunday. One performance like that can be put down to experience and should not mark his career, but should put him, and us, on notice of the standard needed. Personally I would still like to see Cullen give more time, in the few minutes he had for the first he has added the tempo that Pat's game plan desperately needs.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

BigO (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 10:37
Quote:
AlexInSouthville
Don't give up on Uren just yet fellas.
His service is sublime, and he wont be the last player to have a wobble early in their careers.

I've got every confidence he'll mature into a decent enough 9.... but he needs 3 or 4 years to build the skills and more importantly the confidence/nous to be a prem starter. He'll get lots of opportunity to do that in cup games, A league and the occasional start from the bench. But in the meantime we need someone in pronto who can compete with Stirzaker on a level playing field. For me, it's the biggest current gap in the squad , given the way our forwards are likely to be bullied.

Rich. (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 10:42
Quote:
corporalcarrot
Quote:
youngone
I was surprised that Uren started before Williams but both are outstanding scrum halves imo. He was pressed at the breakdown on Saturday but the coaches should ensure that your forwards provide better fringe cover or guards than they demonstrated against Jersey. The Bristol clear out at breakdown was generally good but fringe the defence looked suspect. The last thing Bristol need is five or six scrum halves so that at least half of them never get a game although if they do I'm sure Jersey and all of the other championship clubs would be delighted to borrow them on loan. Huge pity we didn't see Sheedy on Saturday he is another cracking player who got better and better during his loan spell here and like Nick Haining is always welcome in St Ouens. All the best next season lads cc

As far as I know Rhodri Williams was rested on the bench - he is comfortably first choice but has played a lot of rugby and also I'm sure Pat wanted to see Uren starting again

AGS (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 13:25
Why did we let Alby go? He was keen to stay, and seems good enough to start for Toulon (and score against B##h)

Chris holi (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 13:43
Sound like we're after Harry Randall [www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk]

Furriner (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 14:59
Did Randall play against us for Hartpury at the beginning of the season?

robtheh (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 15:01
Quote:
Furriner
Did Randall play against us for Hartpury at the beginning of the season?

Yep

JamboBris (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 15:03
Randall plus another surely? Otherwise we will still be left with only Stirzaker with any real level of experience.

BigO (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 15:11
Quote:
Chris holi
Sound like we're after Harry Randall [www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk]

As I keep trying to tell my U12s team, rugby's still a game for all shapes and sizes.... but at 5'3" and 52kg I'm not sure Harry Randell is what we need at the moment. Unless we can train him to run through the oppositions legs. Good on the lad for getting so far in the game though - still shows it can be done.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 15:22
Can we not just have Braley back? Had a good game the other week versus Pests IIRC.

*Edit*
Can only agree about Alby, would have suited our gameplan too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2018 15:23 by Rinkadink.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net