rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Signings and Season Tickets
expectingrain (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 14:45
After yesterdays Car Crash this would be a good time for the club to announce some eye catching signings sharpish. To lift the flagging spirits of us long suffering and loyal supporters. Particularly as Advanced Season Ticket Sales are likely to be start in a couple or 3 weeks time if last year is anything to go by.

Re: Signings and Season Tickets
lukesmith17 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 16:29
Club said on Twitter mid april for Season tickets

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 16:32
Flagging spirits? 15 points clear and on the cusp of promotion. Odd state of affairs!

Cidered Abroad (IP Logged)
05 March, 2018 23:17
Rumour on OTIB that dual season cards will not be available. in other words no discount for buying both.

RJC (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 07:11
It will be 10 points clear as Ealing still have to face Roth, I can't see them dropping any points there.

expectingrain (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 07:44
Quote:
inatthebreakdown
Flagging spirits? 15 points clear and on the cusp of promotion. Odd state of affairs!

The Flagging Spirits are down to the perception of our chances of survival in the Prem rather that the likelihood of promotion.

phantom74 (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 14:25
City fan here, the rugby supporters may be interested to hear that there have been a number of strong worded discussions between fans groups and the club. For those not aware the club were originally stopping any U19's buying a seat in the Lower Lansdown stand unless they paid full adult prices, on the basis that U12's pay £50 and U19's £99 this was seeing an increase of 100's of pounds

One that will come to affect you all, is that they are scrapping the "plus" ticket for the higher discount and also are getting rid of the dual / joint football and rugby season card

The club are meeting with supporters tomorrow evening about these topics, but would be VERY surprised not to see similar problems when your tickets come for renewal in the coming weeks.

There is more information in this Bristol Post article [www.bristolpost.co.uk]

I'm not sure what supporters groups there are afilliated with the rugby club, but they could do worse than liaise with the Supporters Club and Trust to be involved with these ongoing discussions going forward

Peter_B (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 14:35
I wouldn’t be interested in a duel ST so that doesn’t affect me. As I seem to be drinking less and less at the ground anyway the benefits of the discounts are diminishing.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Rich. (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 15:36
They might want to look at the price (so it is not such a good deal) but why oh why would they want to get rid of dual ST cards!! Makes no commercial sense at all.

Olly (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 16:29
Bristol rugby supporters already pay a lot more for our replica kit than our footie friends last time I looked a rugby shirt was about a third more. Even with the 15% off we still paid more than a city fan paying full price for his/her equivalent shirt. Stock levels have been woeful and not to mention poor design and quality.
Quid a kid should extend to every rugby game. They are our future. Mates rates should be extended or just make the whole thing cheaper to encourage more to come and watch. Empty seats create no revenue, look and feel bad.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

Cidered Abroad (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 16:40
Quote:
Olly
Bristol rugby supporters already pay a lot more for our replica kit than our footie friends last time I looked a rugby shirt was about a third more. Even with the 15% off we still paid more than a city fan paying full price for his/her equivalent shirt. Stock levels have been woeful and not to mention poor design and quality.
Quid a kid should extend to every rugby game. They are our future. Mates rates should be extended or just make the whole thing cheaper to encourage more to come and watch. Empty seats create no revenue, look and feel bad.

Put this in writing to Bristol Rugby or Bristol Sport. Only way you'll get any joy is to complain to them.

So should anyone else who is aggrieved at their actions.

Chris holi (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 16:44
Kids for a quid for all games makes sense to me apart from we already pay I think £50 for my Sons season ticket (although you do get a replica shirt with that)
As a teenager Bristol rugby fan I only ever paid for cup matches as I used to have a scholars card issued from my rugby club or school, being 41 now and have been a regular season ticket holder for many a year they've more than made their money back off me.

hooter (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 16:47
Far easier just to not buy the over priced kit, I bought a bristol dark blue polo shirt at the start of the summer, I also bought two polo’s from M&S for less than the price of the brizz one, guess which ones are still hung up in the wardrobe and which one gets worn to work now.

hooter (IP Logged)
06 March, 2018 16:51
My grandson also gets his free shirt, unfortunately this season he’s grown out of the kids sizes so we had to pay the difference between a junior and a small adult size price. Must agree kids for a £1 is a good idea

NickBeard (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 12:45
Rugby shirts are more expensive because the material is much better. Simple.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 12:59
Thankfully, the club has already softened the blow of losing the extra discount on my Plus ticket.

Firstly, they decided on a range of training gear with writing on the front that my toddler would have been ashamed of. As such, I have bought hardly anything from the Club shop.

Secondly, the club make eating and drinking at the ground so much less appealing than North Street, that i cant wait to leave the concrete corridor in favour of a pub/bar,

I would like to thank the Club for their foresight in ensuring that this news won't bother me.

hooter (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 13:07
I had my first and last pasty at the ground on Sunday, the crust was so hard it could be classed as an offensive weapon if you hit somebody with it.

Furriner (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 16:02
Quote:
hooter
I had my first and last pasty at the ground on Sunday, the crust was so hard it could be classed as an offensive weapon if you hit somebody with it.

Hooter, you’re not meant to eat them: they’re for throwing at the players if you don’t like the performance/result.

Bristol Cornish (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 16:17
I think next season we'll move from the unreserved Dolman wings to an allocated seat in the Dolman.

It's a shame because I really like where we sit, but unfortunately we have to get there early and eat/drink at the ground to be sure we get our usual seats.

It'll be great to get some decent food and beer in the surrounding pubs and not have to rush to our seats.

The only problem is that the rugby bus takes us right round to the other side of the ground - I wonder if any of the regular buses from Gloucester Road go nearer to North street? (where's WB when I need him? RIP)

Olly (IP Logged)
07 March, 2018 16:41
Bus to centre then any bus that passes Ashton Gate or Hotwells. Several stop outside the @ Bristol Centre and stop close to the ground. Other than that get the water taxi to the cottage or Nova Scotia short walk from both they don’t run later in the evening.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net