Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: McMillan & Tuohy gone...
T J (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 13:38
Quote:
Spiderweb
Booey. He's been quiet.

There’s a description I never thought I would see applied to Chris Booy!

Good luck to both players. As others have said and I’ve said in other threads, I find the current situation baffling and concerning.

Sit_Down (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 13:59
Quote:
thorpebayexile
My own view is that McMillan was our best hooker. Unlucky with injuries though. Front row much more solid when he is there.

Got to agree with that. When chatting Bruce R a couple of weeks ago he felt McMillan was making a difference.

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 14:03
Quote:
EC Boy
Particularly sad that Ross is off. One of few players that made us look so much more effective on the pitch. Can only hope a big hitter is coming in.

I'm expecting Motu Matu'u to come in.

We also have Harry Thacker incoming.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 14:21
For those saying Tuohy hasn't had a look in, hasn't he been on the injured list for months with shoulder (might be something else but it was injury of some kind)?

Prop Joe (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 14:26
Quote:
Rinkadink
For those saying Tuohy hasn't had a look in, hasn't he been on the injured list for months with shoulder (might be something else but it was injury of some kind)?

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story Rinkadink

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 14:30
But when he was fit we loaned him to a Premiership side! I think that's the part people have difficulty understanding.

Pasty Exile (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 14:30
Quote:
Rinkadink

Correct - he played 5 games for Leicester in an effort to recover match fitness only to injure his shoulder and return to Bristol for rehab. Like others he is out of contract at the end of this season and it seems that Pat Lam is releasing players unlikely to feature during the run in.

SparkyBris (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 14:50
Dan spoke before the Bedford game and was having further shoulder surgery that week if memory serves, so it was unlikely he was going to feature at all for the rest of this season.

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

AGS (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 15:09
Still no announcement on Thretton Palamo though, who has been injured from his short loan at Dragons and surely doesn't feature in PL's plans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2018 15:09 by AGS.

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 15:39
Dan has signed for Stade Francais, by the looks of his Instagram post.

youngone (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 15:52
I think it is understandable that these departures are concerning people. Whilst they may have seemed somewhat inevitable throughout the seaosn they would have been 2 of most peoples first choice pack when we were initially relegated. If you had looked at our squad going down and said we would get rid of Bevington, McMillan, Tuohy and O Robinson this season a lot of people would have been unpleasantly surprised - especially if our other forwards have been under performing week in week out.

I think until some replacements are rolled out the general air of concern will rightfully linger. (although I know we have already announced some like for like replacements but maybe I'm just being greedy)

Jay Jay (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 16:32
Dan’s move to Stade Français confirmed on the BBC Irish rugby page. Injury cover until the end of the season.

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 16:43
So, good enough for the Top 14 but not for the Championship.

Peter_B (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 16:51
Is he covering their injuries or are they covering his?

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Big Dave (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 18:11
Quote:
Gray_Lensman
So, good enough for the Top 14 but not for the Championship.

So, the obvious conclusion is that Bristol's premiership squad will look vastly different to its championship squad, hence players you imagine would be nailed on starters find themselves leaving the club.

I said "obvious conclusion". I didn't say it was what will happen - so concerns will persist.

The Old Rascal (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 19:08
my sentiments word for word yet again Gray, this is getting spooky.
Wish Ross all the very best for the future. We will miss you big fella. Hope your daughter's problems are a thing of the past. Would love to buy you a pint if you are ever in the clubhouse again.

Singapore Sam (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 19:32
Quote:
AGS
Still no announcement on Thretton Palamo though, who has been injured from his short loan at Dragons and surely doesn't feature in PL's plans.

Stranger things have happened!

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
08 March, 2018 21:04
Guess it's freeing up wages also? If Tuohy wants more then we can offer or we can get better ROI looking elsewhere then it makes sense.

Hope he does well there, I'm sure he will.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net