rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Luatua out for season
CF_Doom (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 12:46
Pat Lam has just been interviewed and reported that big Steve is out for the rest of the season, that's a little bit of a blow, gutted!

Re: Luatua out for season
Jimeno (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 12:53
Damn! A big blow.

Did he say what the problem is?

Where was he interviewed?

Rich. (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 13:00
I've long said he needs a good break before next season so I'm ok with this.

Furriner (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 13:30
Iíll leave it until after the Roth match before making my mind up on how comfortable I am with it. I agree though that the rest should do him good.

thorpebayexile (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 13:40
He is brilliant and a class apart but we are lucky that back row is one area where we have depth.

Singapore Sam (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 13:57
Ruled out for 10 weeks with a knee injury!

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 14:01
His knee was heavily strapped before he started the game on Sunday

SimonB (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 16:41
The prolonged rest and a good pre season is probably a blessing in disguise. We will need him performing from day 1 next season.

Pathfinder (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 16:53
When will Chris Vui be back?

hooter (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 17:00
If my memory serves me correctly it was heavily strapped for the barbarians match in Nov, so I don't think it's a new problem.

YATT2 (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 17:09
His knee has been heavily strapped since he joined us and he has pulSed up a few times if i remember rightly for attention to his leg/knee bit worrying really. still heres hoping for the best and he comes back rearing to go at the Prem along with Matty P and Chris Vui

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 20:49
As long as he recovers, as had been said above - the rest will be good for him.

Marvelous player.

Furnessman (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 12:29
will we go up now??????

BigO (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 17:30
I also get the strong feeling Luatua's been struggling with his knee for a good while. As said above, he's been heavily strapped up since joining us, and has been limping around a fair bit at times. Hopefully with a bit of recovery & rest he'll be back firing for the start of next season, along with Vui.

Obviously very, very difficult circumstances, but what with the really bad news on Joe Batley's illness, it looks like we're struggling for 2nd rowers at a very critical point of the season. Maybe Crane will get a run there? Maybe we'll even see the big Georgian? Will PL call one of his mates for reinforcements? Will we regret letting Touhy go? All part of the roller coaster.

Will we go up? It's ours to lose, but this club does like to do things the hard way.

Platwell House (IP Logged)
16 March, 2018 07:43
I think the team have enough in the gas tank to finish the job. Luatua came to us after a long slog in Super Rugby and think the rest will do him good so that he is on top form for next season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net