Untitled Document

Lelia Masaga
inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 15:00
Just a hunch that I have.

Re: Lelia Masaga
neil o (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 15:42
I thought he had another year at Glasgow,hope we do sign him though!

happyH (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 18:07
Hmmm

Looks good

[youtu.be]

Cmon BRISSS

Knowle Blue (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 19:48
Now that’s one hunch I hope comes to something inatthebreakdown, he is powerful, fast, and knows where the white line is.

LA Angel (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 20:39
I've got a similar hunch (albeit completely uniformed), that we'll be getting a kiwi winger; however I was thinking of Frank Halai because of the Blues connection.

That said I would be happy with either...

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 20:47
Just had a look at the Youtube Video and see that he already wears a shirt with BRIZ on it.

Plays R.Wing, centre, full back and sub.

Does he pass or tackle?

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 21:02
Quote:
LA Angel
I've got a similar hunch (albeit completely uniformed), that we'll be getting a kiwi winger; however I was thinking of Frank Halai because of the Blues connection.
That said I would be happy with either...

Halai is already familiar with Thretton Palamo

[youtu.be]

LA Angel (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 21:37
Brrr! I had almost managed to put the memory of Palamo behind me (Sm10)

thorpebayexile (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 08:50
Quote:
Hercules Spoons

Does he pass or tackle?

I would hope that he is au fait with both disciplines.

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 09:20
I would too tbe, the point I'm making (not very well) is that these self promotion video's show the glamorous fancy stuff, rarely the everyday hard work

Just have a look at Palamo's promotion video and it looks pretty good but, as we discovered, he lacked understanding of positioning, was often poorly positioned for defence, didn't pass etc.

Actually, to go off on a tangent, I think Palamo could be a useful player if he had been/was coached better, he's got a good physical presence, is fast and has a thumping tackle (when employed).

thorpebayexile (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 09:45
I was trying to be funny.

I agree with these promotional videos. I imagine you could make a one minute film of anyone's rugby look good with selected extracts.

Graham_U (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 10:27
I would imagine you could make a video of Palamo in a Bris shirt that makes him look really good, as he has done some good stuff, and there are many elements of a good player in there. I wonder if they ever thought about getting Raihana to do some 1-1 intensive session with him?

But you could also make a horror show significantly longer. As said above, the promo videos are of very little value.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

happyH (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 10:31
The person mentioned in the original post actually has about a 5 minute video
Hence his ability
I would have a 5 second one!
Cmon BRISSS

Singapore Sam (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 11:06
Quote:
Actually, to go off on a tangent, I think Palamo could be a useful player if he had been/was coached better

I wonder if they ever thought about getting Raihana to do some 1-1 intensive session with him?

I believe this heavily dependent upon the recipient being able to absorb what is being imparted.

expectingrain (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 13:48
Nice speculation but we can have as many classy players behind the scrum as we want (and we have a few already) but it'll be no use if they don't get the ball. It's classy front 5 forwards we need (and we have barely 1 as present).

Rich. (IP Logged)
15 March, 2018 15:16
Well Afoa, Vui and Thacker for starters but I get your point and agree with you. I'm sure more are on the way

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net