rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
WOW
Albertfromla (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 10:34
WOW what a game fantastic way to end the season at home every one performed to the top of there ability Morahan abviously MOM but thought Crane was immense
What other sport would stop in the middle of a game to pay tribute to a player from the opposition who sadly died during training makes you proud to be part of the " rugby family"

Re: WOW
Cidered Abroad (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 10:44
Quote:
Albertfromla
WOW what a game fantastic way to end the season at home every one performed to the top of there ability Morahan abviously MOM but thought Crane was immense
What other sport would stop in the middle of a game to pay tribute to a player from the opposition who sadly died during training makes you proud to be part of the " rugby family"

There are frequent occasions at football when a minutes applause is made for the departed.

Totally agree with your match comments.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/04/2018 10:45 by Cidered Abroad.

Rich. (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 12:35
C'mon everyone, I wasn't able to go last night so want feedback please. If we'd have lost or played badly there'd have been about 50 posts so far - sounds like to me it was our best performance of the year and great atmosphere - correct?

Ernie Ball (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 12:45
Rich - IMHO it was a 90% perfect performance against a Donny side where on occasion tackling looked as if it was optional. It would be difficult to single out any one player as all gave it everything, including the pack.
Atmosphere was great apart from some idiots running on the pitch during the match.
Let's hope they take the same level of performance up to Hartpury in two weeks time.

John Denver (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 12:56
Quote:
Rich.
C'mon everyone, I wasn't able to go last night so want feedback please. If we'd have lost or played badly there'd have been about 50 posts so far - sounds like to me it was our best performance of the year and great atmosphere - correct?

Rich - I'll leave detail of the excellent performance for others to comment on. What made last night for me was the fantastic atmosphere. This was generated by a big crowd of over 13k complemented by a cracking game. Too often this season poor attendances coupled with weak performances on the pitch have left a very flat feeling.

If we are to do well next season the crowd will have a big part to play and we in turn can be lifted if the team put in a good shift.

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 14:02
A fairly complete performance that. Looked like the players were hitting a groove and playing with a weight lifted from their shoulders. From 1 to 23 it was an outstanding shift. Madigan's goal kicking was imperious and is going to be vita to our survival next season.

shhandy (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 14:19
Saw the tries on the twitter feed & they looked very slick, albeit Tongauiahas took a lucky bounce off someone’s heel by the look of it. A near perfec5 display for the championship. A new team and far better defences next year, but enjoy the moment! Farewell and thanks to those leaving and welcome to those arriving. Onwards & upwards.

Field marshall (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 14:30
Great game, only slightly marred by the three bristolian soccer fans sat next to me who cheered for Doncaster. No more free tickets for those types please.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 14:39
Quote:
shhandy
albeit Tongauiahas took a lucky bounce off someone’s heel by the look of it.

No, that wasn't chance... bit of Lemi magic. Pretty outrageous.

JamboBris (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 14:50
Have to add about Graham at 7. Didn't look out of place at all.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 15:30
Quote:
JamboBris
Have to add about Graham at 7. Didn't look out of place at all.
Bounced numbers of players around the park, loved his physical performance plus Capon did well, especially given his age an experience.

Jimeno (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 15:31
Quote:
Standardprocedure
A fairly complete performance that. Looked like the players were hitting a groove and playing with a weight lifted from their shoulders. From 1 to 23 it was an outstanding shift. Madigan's goal kicking was imperious and is going to be vita to our survival next season.

Madigan's kicking was unbelievable!eye popping smiley

Purpendicular (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 15:55
Fenton-Wells had a corker as well

Albertfromla (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 16:00
Ciderabroad
Not seen 1 minute clapping tribute DURING a game

Rich. (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 16:12
Thanks all!

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 17:13
Quote:
Albertfromla
Ciderabroad

Yeah that happens in soccer.

PJ6 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 18:24
Set piece was much better, JT appears to be getting more out of our set piece than bakes did.

Sam graham did well, makes me wonder why we didn't play him in back row and Sam j in second row last week. Would have rather given Sam graham the development over an Exeter player!

JamboBris (IP Logged)
14 April, 2018 19:10
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Going by this Holmes is out of contract this summer?

Cidered Abroad (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 00:05
Quote:
Albertfromla
Ciderabroad

You obviously don't go to much football. We've had several this season at Ashton Gate. I can't remember the exact number but probably about ten times.

Personally, I don't like them; should be silence or applause before the game or in the case of the demise of long standing supporters, a once a year remembrance of all those who have died during the previous year.

Rich. (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 08:49
Quote:
Cidered Abroad
Quote:
Albertfromla
Ciderabroad

Personally, I don't like them; should be silence or applause before the game or in the case of the demise of long standing supporters, a once a year remembrance of all those who have died during the previous year.

I agree with you Cidered.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net