Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Re: New Signings
dpw (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 10:55
G_U

thumbs down

dpw

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/04/2018 10:57 by dpw.

JamboBris (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 10:59
Big ask for Muldoon. Will be very interested to see how our defence holds up. Think it's been better this year on the whole the previously but acid test next season.

chuckynut (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 11:55
Can't believe we are done on recruitment - even if he is looking to operate a smaller squad, we are looking a bit thin on numbers in certain positions, let alone quality.

I think we will pick up some more from super rugby once their season is done. If that's the case, hopefully we will have a better start and be luckier with injuries than we were before Woodward arrived last season.

One thing I have liked this season is that we've had a consistent team selection throughout the league campaign. I hope we do the same next season rather than risk key players in the cups, last season we got all excited when we beat Pau 3rd XV home and away and it did us no good, think Pau away was the game that did for Fisher.

Olly (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 15:03
Think we have had the bad news so now the money men will be looking to butter us up with some inbound players.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

Rich. (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 15:25
Quote:
Olly
Think we have had the bad news so now the money men will be looking to butter us up with some inbound players.

Hmm dunno, think they would have done that first if they could

JamboBris (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 15:26
Definitely expect a few big names to offset the outrage

coolbawn (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 17:07
How about taking Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding in return for Ian Madigan going to Ulster ? :-) . I am not actually being serious and don't want to start a boring hypothetical moral argument here but it does occur to me what a neat solution it would be - purely on rugby criteria. All three are very talented rugby players with different strengths and all three are fun players to watch. At least Ireland would end up with one senior #10 back on their shores - not that it's your concern.

Dieselpup (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 17:33
I understand we are close to announcing Daddy Bear, Mummy Bear and Baby bear on 3 year contracts .....

Too soon ?

Bristol Bald Eagle (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 17:41
Think we tried to sign Hibberd from Glaws as Goldilocks.

Graham_U (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 16:20
If we sign new player then it means that we can not believe anything Taints says in the future after what he said in that interview. I had hoped that his appointment would be adding some good old Bristol values to the management team, but after yesterdays bombshell he seems to have turned into another corp mouth piece.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Singapore Sam (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 16:38
Quote:
Graham_U
If we sign new player then it means that we can not believe anything Taints says in the future after what he said in that interview. I had hoped that his appointment would be adding some good old Bristol values to the management team, but after yesterdays bombshell he seems to have turned into another corp mouth piece.

Last season opened my eyes and yesterday only reiterated it....

EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 19:30
Seems we might well be signing a new young second row

#embracethebear

JamboBris (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 19:36
Holmes hopefully

17 April, 2018 21:36
I wouldn't write off trusting anybody yet. They could both be right in that we may have finished our recruiting but not announced everyone yet as some clubs don't agree to release details until their campaign is over. On the other hand it could be that SL was referring to others coming in he knows have already put pen to paper. We shall no doubt see.

17 April, 2018 21:39
Is the 2nd row the lad we gave a medical to last week (supposedly)?

JamboBris (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 21:51
Biggest single reason for me why I'm sure there's more to come. In the interviews it's stated we are close to the cap but with wriggle room for emergencies. Going through our confirmed squad, even being generous in salaries I can't get anywhere near the cap when you take Luatua and Piutau out. Particularly with the academy credits too.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 07:29
Quote:
JamboBris
Biggest single reason for me why I'm sure there's more to come. In the interviews it's stated we are close to the cap but with wriggle room for emergencies. Going through our confirmed squad, even being generous in salaries I can't get anywhere near the cap when you take Luatua and Piutau out. Particularly with the academy credits too.

This.

If you do the maths, there is no way the confirmed squad (minus Piutau and Luatua) gets within, say, 200k of the salary cap

Other poster Cheaptoes,who from memory has a decent track record on posting, also suggested there were 3 “head turning” signings still onbe announced

Platwell House (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 08:14
I hope this new signing is Holmes. He really has looked the part in the scrum.

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 08:27
Maybe the head-turning signings are arkoudaphobic.

elegia (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 13:19
on the interview yesterday on the radio taints said that recruitment is always ongoing - you never know what might happen re injuries & what have you
he also said they were talking to an exciting young player at the moment
& confirmed there is some room in the cap still, as you would hope/expect

pat said that he believes several of the people we have announced will become household names

you also have to look at the fact that maybe not everyone signed has been announced.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Music/Pix/pictures/2011/7/13/1310579502636/New-Order-left-to-right-G-007.jpg

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net