rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Time For a Change
Tony the Voice (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 14:18
Lets all get on board and embrace this change, it will be for the good of the club in the long term.

It does make me smile though because we could be running out to 'Teddy Bears Picnic'

Laughing aside, I think this is positive, love the new kit especially the black one, and I will certainly be there again next season as I have been over the last 15 years!

TOGETHER WE RISE ...........

Re: Time For a Change
Jay Jay (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 14:21
I agree Tony, it doesnít matter what weíre called as long as we perform well in the Premiership.

Rich. (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 14:21
Not seen your name before (this is your 3rd post) and you joined site 3 weeks ago. Sorry sure all on the level but it makes me wonder unfortunately. You could have added your thoughts to one of the two other threads so why start this new one??? Just asking like

spacemedic1 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 14:32
Hate it.....!!!

Don't like the name, the badge, or the kit & I see it as nothing but a gimmick!!

Those of us who've been around for a while will remember that we've been here before.

The re-brand to Bristol Shoguns back in 2001/02, along with the mascot in samurai gear & all the merchandising, gained us precisely nothing....and we reverted back to Bristol Rugby after the Mitsubishi sponsorship expired..!!

Why is this going to be any different.?

hooker 72 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 14:32
Iíve been on this forum for years, so Iíll second this thread. This clubs history on the whole has been one of failure on the field, false dawns, financial mistakes, running of the club by various clowns, flirting with going out of existence, we havenít been a sleeping giant and we have become a joke with our constant failings, so I think a refresh, reset and being dragged into a bright new dawn is long overdue. I havenít posted on here for ages due to the general vibe on here, but I feel strongly now is the time to wash out the failed mediocre past and look forward, bears with red on our shirt lifting the prem and champions cup trophies in time......Amen

memnoch (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 14:34
Quote:
Rich.
Not seen your name before (this is your 3rd post) and you joined site 3 weeks ago. Sorry sure all on the level but it makes me wonder unfortunately. You could have added your thoughts to one of the two other threads so why start this new one??? Just asking like

Rich, Tony the voice has been using this forum for years, I just imagine he has had to re register for some reason.

Rich. (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 14:39
Ah right thanks Memnoch.

Bristol Cornish (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 14:44
Do you have to have been on this forum for years to have an opinion about Bristol Rugby/Bears?

I'm with Tony the Voice and hooker 72 - why not start a positive thread and leave the other one for complaints?

16 April, 2018 14:46
Couldn't agree more Hooker 72.

I've been registered on this board since before the days of Chilly Mick and his "Hilly knows best" posts, but haven't posted in ages simply because the general vibe on here is so curmudgeonly that better chat is available on other boards. Besides, the gene-pool here is almost at self extermination levels anyway!

I absolutely love this rebrand! It's club-led and not sponsor-led, which is a big difference from the Shogun era in that it's set more long term and not until the three year deal is up. The future mindset is clearly there with the Club in that it's setting the pace and not trying to simply keep up with the other teams that embraced the pro era so much better than we did.

Together We Rise!

memnoch (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 14:47
Quote:
Bristol Cornish
Do you have to have been on this forum for years to have an opinion about Bristol Rugby/Bears?
I'm with Tony the Voice and hooker 72 - why not start a positive thread and leave the other one for complaints?

Of course not, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Personally I can see the good and the bad from this (don't tell anyone but I like the shirt). However I don't like our crest missing.

EverOptimistic (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 14:49
Love this!

Twitter

sbu (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 14:55
What on earth is going on? Terrible decision to rebrand to Bears What next goldilocks as mascot?
Seriously this needs to be rethought. Not a aspiring name either. The tigers will maul us, Chiefs will skin us and the warriors will wear us. Come on bristol tell us it's a joke??

hooker 72 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 14:58
Can we not keep this as the positivity thread, and over reactions go on the other thread....please

bartman! (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 15:00
We can just give every other team a big hug (Sm22)

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 15:02
At least i now know what i am doing on Thursday nights.

Was originally gonna give the Supporters Q&A a miss, but definitely going to go and see watch the traditionalists get so worked up that they defecate themselves into their blue and white hooped underwear.

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 15:05
Quote:
This clubs history on the whole has been one of failure on the field, false dawns, financial mistakes, running of the club by various clowns, flirting with going out of existence, we havenít been a sleeping giant and we have become a joke with our constant failings

You could equally say this about Bristol City. What are they changing their name to whilst dropping the crest of the city they represent?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/04/2018 15:11 by Gray_Lensman.

airdog (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 15:06
alex you really are a bit of a prat arnt you

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 15:06
Quote:
airdog
alex you really are a bit of a prat arnt you

We all have our opinions, Doggy

airdog (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 15:10
its just that yours are totally disrespectful to people that have been following the club certainly in my case for a lot longer than you .

HL (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 15:12
Absolutely no

What a complete load of XXXXX.

The marketing men must be wetting them selves with laughter that the board agreed to this.

Also what an insult to the wheel chair team to have their brand stripped from them and past on.

like I said before we're no longer a club just a commodity.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net