rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Where has Bris gone!
Taffyd (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 15:45
First we moved from the Mem.....had to happen.
Then it was all seater.....not rugby but have to live with it.
Then it was allocated seating except the Atyeo......ok could still turn up ad hoc and get to meet and sit with mates or like minded knowledgable supporters who are interested in the game and the club, not parents and kids who are only there as they got free tickets.
Then they closed the Ateyo so now you can only get allocated seats and are unable to sit with who you like which now waters down the athmosphere somewhat.
The merchandise also became absolute pants, sizes awful, fit awful and quality awful....ok wont buy anything and wear the good quality stuff from the past 9look how many people still wear kit from 15 years ago!)
Then we go down and still have to pay Premiership prices....hit me hard this one and have only been able to afford a few games this season.
Then we win promotion.....great last home performance but due to allocated seating was sat in a kids playground with the live version of Mumsnet, no interest in the game, no athmosphere. Was close to going home to watch it on tv!! No chance of moving to a place where the singing was loudest, again watering down the athmosphere and completely spoiling the match day experience for me.
Then as we are still dreaming of a proper return to the Prem we get this rebranding...Bristol Bears!! A picture of a @#$%& off Brizzley on the shirts which basically waves goodbye to the past history of the club...why? At least the childrens hospital will be able to make use of all the teddy bears thatíll be thrown on the pitch by hysterically laughing away supporters!!
Rugby traditions of standing, of all the noisy supporters congregating together to give a good athmosphere, of decent merchandise which tips a nod to the past history of the club (blue and white hoops, the crest, alphabet instead of numbers), its all disappearing in the name of commerce!
Whatever happened to Bris Rugby Club........

Re: Where has Bris gone!
Whagwan (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 15:50
Two things here:
There is unallocated seating in Dolman wings and whilst our prices didn't go down when we got relegated they didn't go up when we got promoted either.

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 15:50
Oh for the old days right, where you could stand uncomfortably behind a pillar for a partially obstructed view of the match. Kids not welcome as it's difficult to see, no friendly mascots or entertainment as "this is rugby" and "it's just not right". Throw in some horrible toilet block with p* running around the floor?

Dear me. Times have changed. It's not 1985 any more.

airdog (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 15:52
Taffyd what happened to Bristol Rugby Club is that it was bought by an obscenely rich Bristol City fan who clearly has no respect for the traditions of our club

HL (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 15:55
Told you we aren't a club any more.

Any way just to raise attention to this utter crook of sugar
We should all bring an unwanted teddy bear to the last game and just before kick off throw them on the bloody pitch that should make a statement. The smart ass marketing guys can help pick them up.

IN PROUD AND/GRATEFUL MEMORY/OF THE SERVICES/RENDERED TO THEIR/COUNTRY IN THE/GREAT WAR BY/RUGBY FOOTBALL/PLAYERS OF BRISTOL

NOT the "F" ing bears but players of Bristol Rugby

Taffyd (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 15:56
What im getting at is that i cant afford a season ticket, friends of mine can but i cant turn up and sit with them or other friends who buy occassionally and end up sitting at the other end of a stand unless we get organised beforehand. Why does it need to be allocated seating, why not a season ticket for a given stand then everyone has the ability to sit with who they like and friends can congregate together whether or not they have a season ticket.

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 15:57
Quote:
airdog
Taffyd what happened to Bristol Rugby Club is that it was bought by an obscenely rich Bristol City fan who clearly has no respect for the traditions of our club

So you'd have preferred the club to go to the wall, and end up re-formed playing on the local parks?

We are in fantastic shape and there are plenty of clubs that would kill to be in our position.

This romantic notion of being able to carry on as an old-fashioned amateur club, but somehow operate effectively at the top table, is defunct sadly.

Taffyd (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 16:00
I dont miss the Mem for the toilets or the pillars but for the athmosphere and the freedom to chose where i stand/sit, where you can chose to move to a noisier or quieter place depending on your preference and the ability to be next to friends without having to organise everything in advance.

Whagwan (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 16:01
Quote:
Taffyd
What im getting at is that i cant afford a season ticket, friends of mine can but i cant turn up and sit with them or other friends who buy occassionally and end up sitting at the other end of a stand unless we get organised beforehand. Why does it need to be allocated seating, why not a season ticket for a given stand then everyone has the ability to sit with who they like and friends can congregate together whether or not they have a season ticket.

As I stated earlier, if your friends are like me and get their season ticket in the unallocated Dolman wings than you can do exactly this (like my friends and missus who don't have the same level of dedication to make it to every game.)

hooter (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 16:02
Taffyd, all your friends have to do is ring the ticket office and they can swap their season ticket allocated seats for unallocated seating in those areas that are available, they can probably just move a few rows in the same stand. I buy my allocated seats because We like being at the back of the south stand.

robtheh (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 16:03
Quote:
inatthebreakdown
Quote:
airdog

So you'd have preferred the club to go to the wall, and end up re-formed playing on the local parks?

We are in fantastic shape and there are plenty of clubs that would kill to be in our position.

This romantic notion of being able to carry on as an old-fashioned amateur club, but somehow operate effectively at the top table, is defunct sadly.

Spot on in my view

Taffyd (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 16:06
Can someone tell me how rebranding us as Bristol Bears with a stupid graphic of a bear will make any difference to the financial viability of the club???
Seems like an expensive mistake. I can see only kids wanting to wear this kit!
Never mind, we may get a few easy tries as the opposition will be peeing themselves laughing at our team!🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

bennystoon (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 16:10
Quote:
inatthebreakdown
Oh for the old days right, where you could stand uncomfortably behind a pillar for a partially obstructed view of the match. Kids not welcome as it's difficult to see, no friendly mascots or entertainment as "this is rugby" and "it's just not right". Throw in some horrible toilet block with p* running around the floor?
Dear me. Times have changed. It's not 1985 any more.

Absolutely fabulous times and the atmosphere was great

Taffyd (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 16:12
Whagwan....my friends want to sit in the middle of the Dolman where the best athmosphere is.....and so do i. But unless you organise everything in advance like a military operation you never get to sit together. Bring back unallocated seating, i cant be the only one who feels like this and it has spoilt the matchday experience for me and i am sure for many others.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 16:16
Quote:
Taffyd
Can someone tell me how rebranding us as Bristol Bears with a stupid graphic of a bear will make any difference to the financial viability of the club???

Just some examples may be;

- Potentially opens up new fanbases in markets where "Bristol" means nothing

- Merchandising opportunities

- Sponsorship opportunities

- Targeting a pipeline of younger fans

Rich. (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 16:17
There's a risk here that this seems to be a lure for the old days v the new. It isn't. As much as I loved the Memorial Ground the club has done great from the move to AG. But this Bears nonesence is dreadful

Taffyd (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 16:38
In Steve Landsdowns interview he seemed to be blaming last years failures on everything but the reality which was that they tried to compete without the investment in recruitment needed and the lack of a decent coaching set up.
Just look at other clubs forums and twitter feeds to see what they think......laughing stock.

JamboBris (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 16:43
Frankly I pay good money to sit on halfway with my season ticket and it's because I want to be there every game. I'd be astonished if there's any premiership club that's happy to let everyone in for a basic rate and sit where they fancy.

Taffyd (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 16:48
Basic rate? It works out cheaper per game for season ticket holders, so just because I canít afford one then I have to sit in the cheap seats!

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 16:53
Quote:
Taffyd
Basic rate? It works out cheaper per game for season ticket holders, so just because I canít afford one then I have to sit in the cheap seats!

That's the way most things work

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net