rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
We're Only Happy When We Are Complaining!
Bristol-Supporter (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 17:14
Landsdown has saved the club and allowed all the old farts to carry on supporting Bristol. Now he has done what he thinks best to take it forward. Considering his wealth I'd say he's better placed than any of us to do that!

Those that don't like the re-brand should start supporting Clifton or Dings and keep the history, the old names and low league status. The rest of us will enjoy a team going up and beating Bath, Glos etc.

Re: We're Only Happy When We Are Complaining!
bris_rob (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 17:35
Quote:
Bristol-Supporter
Landsdown has saved the club and allowed all the old farts to carry on supporting Bristol. Now he has done what he thinks best to take it forward. Considering his wealth I'd say he's better placed than any of us to do that!
Those that don't like the re-brand should start supporting Clifton or Dings and keep the history, the old names and low league status. The rest of us will enjoy a team going up and beating Bath, Glos etc.

I sincerely hope you are correct that we’ll be beating Bath and Glos but the club playing under the name of Bristol, Bears or even Billy big bollocks won’t make a blind bit of difference. And, if we don’t compete successfully and are relegated again, I suppose that’ll be the last we see of you ‘Bristol-supporter’. Plastic fans, don’t you just love ‘em!

16 April, 2018 17:40
Feck off Bris-bob - i've been supporting since 1988!

How long have you been supporting?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/04/2018 17:42 by Bristol-Supporter.

bris_rob (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 17:44
Quote:
Bristol-Supporter
Feck off Bris-bob - i've been supporting since 1988!
How long have you been supporting?
Dick waving now are we? Longer that that.

Jonny thomas (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 17:45
I actually agree with bristol supporter
A lot of people seem to get joy from resisting progress
I thought the 're brand was demanded by the new premiership sponsors

16 April, 2018 17:50
Bris Bob - Obviously old age hasn't improved you're understanding - but as you stated you're the bigger dick!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 16/04/2018 17:55 by Bristol-Supporter.

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 18:00
Quote:
Bristol-Supporter

+1
If we actually won the Prem next season, I genuinely believe some of you would find an aspect to complain about.

Big Dave (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 18:59
Oh for God's sake listen to yourselves. It is possible to oppose the rebrand and not be someone who harkens back to the 1920s. You might just think Bris have got this wrong.

It is possible to support it without wishing to trash the previous years.

This is ridiculous.

16 April, 2018 19:18
I'm not specifically trashing the old years - its the people who trash the rebrand reverting to the old times are best and shouldn't be changed!!!

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 19:20
Quote:
Jonny thomas
I thought the 're brand was demanded by the new premiership sponsors

Evidence, please?

Apparently it came from Lansdown himself, see the video interview where he says as such.

16 April, 2018 19:22
I'd agree with Rink - It was Lansdown's idea - but I still think it's valid!

JamboBris (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 19:47
I'm not a huge fan of it but willing to give it a season or two. Actually like the kits but wish it was our crest and not the bear on the front of it.

Prodigalson (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 20:08
I don't much like it. I'm not sure anyone much likes it outside employees of Mr. Lansdown. But I do accept it, because it's what the man who owns the club, and who I believe saves the club from obscurity, thinks it is a good idea, and because putting millions into buying and running the club affords you that privilege.
This isn't going to go away, and we either accept this as the next stage of our journey with this club, or we can choose a la Wimbledon AFC to withdraw our support and look to a lower level, simpler and perhaps purer version of the game. I genuinely believe some posting here feel that way and they have my respect. But others are being wholly unrealistic, and think that Steve Lansdown has and will continue to pump millions into the club as a charity.
It's still my city, it's still my game and it's still my club, and for better or worse it will be until they screw the coffin lid shut. If we can perform in a manner on the field that restores much dented pride in my club and if the people of the city get behind this club again, then, for me, a splash of red in the kit and a daft nickname will be a price worth paying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/04/2018 20:12 by Prodigalson.

gwillam83 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 20:18
I am not against change, but disagree with the rebrand.

I have got on board with the addition of more red to the kit, can just about get on board with the name change, and could forgive the updated badge. However, all 3 at once leaves nothing of the clubs previous identity for me to relate to!

I believe that Bristol Sport has done alot that is great for the club, but Find this a bit hard to take!

He can take our badge, hooped kit, and name.... but if they stop serving pasties then I will be really @#$%& off!

bris_rob (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 21:37
Quote:
JamboBris
I'm not a huge fan of it but willing to give it a season or two. Actually like the kits but wish it was our crest and not the bear on the front of it.

This is pretty much my position Jambo. I am definitely for positive change and I am grateful to Mr Lansdown for his backing of the Rugby Club, making AG our home and his Premiership aspirations. I actually like the kit design, it is simple, clean and quite classy – much better than last season's dogs breakfast. I'm not sure about the black away version though as several teams already play in black. I can see us reverting to an all red kit or a predominately white kit to contrast with the opponents.

I will over time accept the 'Bears' Moniker – but I will always call the club 'Bristol' or 'Bris'.

Unfortunately, what offends me most is the change of the crest to a generic stock image of a bear. It looks cheap and I don't like the way the name 'Bristol' is dominated by the larger font of 'Bears'.

It's all come as a big surprise really and I am – like a lot of supporters – trying to digest all the changes.

I will be renewing my season ticket (and Mrs) and supporting Bristol again next season.

C'mon Bris!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/04/2018 21:40 by bris_rob.

Earlsbris (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 22:42
You’ve summed up my thoughts exactly Rob. It is the crest and name that I really dislike. It is a new identity rather than a nickname

Also think the bears thing is a bit naff

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 22:50
I actually like the black away kit. Well, more than like. It's pretty damn good.

Penfold (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 23:47
There is plenty to complain about.

17 April, 2018 05:57
Penfold - 'plenty to complain about'!? - absolute rubbish!

You have:
1) An owner prepared on invest millions in the club
2) The club has just secured promotion to the Premiership
3) A team full of exciting players
4) A modern stadium
etc.

And the world is at the end because we are now called the Bears!? Get a life!

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 06:39
Why do you have to be so aggressively insulting and belittling of those who are very unhappy about these changes? Your dismissive attitude to long - term and committed supporters is disrespectful and counter productive.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net