rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Home game in Chicago?
AGS (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 09:44
So Premiership rugby have announced a new American sponsor, and that there will be one game per year played in Chicago. Our rebranding to the Bears, and Tainton's comments about expanding markets overseas, makes it highly likely that one of our home games will end up being played at Soldier Field.

Assisting the Premiership and new sponsor in this way will also help us should the worse happen with our results and discussions about ring fencing start up again.

As to how we fill a 61,000 seater stadium is another matter!

Re: Home game in Chicago?
Bristol-Supporter (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 09:46
Where is that stated? I can't find it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/04/2018 09:46 by Bristol-Supporter.

Graham_U (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 09:52
FFS no! (Sm102) but I'm sure the dreamers in BS marketing will think that and playing home games at Twickenham will be a good idea.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Jimeno (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 09:54
If we were to get a home game at Soldier Field and possibly another in Twickenham, will a season ticket be worth buying?

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 10:01
Just to clarify, at no point has this been suggested other than as a hypothetical..,..just before everyone starts to get batshit crazy about something else...

Cooombsy (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 10:12
Oh my days - a game in Chicago would be amazing (if not incredibly expensive!) It's an awesome city. I saw "soccer" at Soldier Field when the Chicago Fire hosted the San Jose Earthquakes. It was 1-1 I recall and I think all the fans were in just one end of the stadium. Odd to see such a huge stadium so empty - can't imagine us playing there though as the newbies

Cidered Abroad (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 10:37
Quote:
Jimeno
If we were to get a home game at Soldier Field and possibly another in Twickenham, will a season ticket be worth buying?

No! I would expect refunds for such games. Ridiculous idea whether it's rugby or football.

Jimeno (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 10:41
Didn't Newcastle play a home fixture in the states this season? I wonder what happened to their season ticket money.

Rich. (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 12:20
Quote:
Jimeno
Didn't Newcastle play a home fixture in the states this season? I wonder what happened to their season ticket money.

Dunno but I noted from their site a while back that they are using the significant profits from it to fund ground developments.

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 12:45
Fantastic news and rugby finally stepping into the modern world. Great excuse for a trip to Chicago.

#godembears

Furnessman (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 13:14
Quote:
AGS
So Premiership rugby have announced a new American sponsor, and that there will be one game per year played in Chicago. Our rebranding to the Bears, and Tainton's comments about expanding markets overseas, makes it highly likely that one of our home games will end up being played at Soldier Field.
Assisting the Premiership and new sponsor in this way will also help us should the worse happen with our results and discussions about ring fencing start up again.

As to how we fill a 61,000 seater stadium is another matter!

probably be against Saracens to fill stadium!!!

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 13:21
They have a fantastic array of catering and drink options. American sport is excellent for this sort of environment and would be a massive plus brought into UK rugby.

[chicago.eater.com]

tobo_ (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 13:33
Best part is that in 2002 the Chicago Bears' home stadium was the Memorial Stadium! (Sm100)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net