rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Passion and sustainability
Greendogdog (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 09:55
Wow, there is a lot of passion in Bristol about the team- which clearly must be the overriding positive coming out of the vast numbers of messages on this.

Whatever you think about the name etc, the essential for the future must be a financially sustainable club in the long term.

I remember a few years ago speaking to 2 players when the club was on the verge of extinction, they really didn't know if they would be paid that month or even have a job. I understand that someone like John Laycock stepped in to pay their salaries that month then someone else the following month and so it went on for around 6 months.

We cant go on like this and we have to be sustainable; so I open my eyes and arms to any efforts to achieve that.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/04/2018 10:23 by Greendogdog.

 
Re: Passion and sustainability
expectingrain (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 10:22
Can't help feeling that this is an allegory for our times. A microcosm of our Brexit country
An issue which has riven a community right down the middle.
Feelings running high on both sides, fever pitch in some circles.
Both sides with entrenched views
One side intent on imposing a revolution that the other side believes is a direct attack on their values and beliefs.
Both sides want the same ultimate ends but both sides believe the others methods are either doomed to failure or will destroy the very core values of the community.
For better or worst ultimately we all have to pull together we are just at that point yet.

 
Re: Passion and sustainability
Greendogdog (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 10:26
expectingrain- that is probably one of the most perceptive and reflective posts in the last few days

 
Re: Passion and sustainability
Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 10:31
I wouldn't argue with this analysis except to note that instead of being riven down the middle the evidence we have suggests it more like riven 2/3rds of the way across. With the remainers being in the vast majority.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/04/2018 10:32 by Gray_Lensman.

 
Re: Passion and sustainability
Rinkadink (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 10:34
Evening post poll has Bristol Rugby at 75% with the other 25% wanting Bristol Bears.



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 17/04/2018 10:36 by Rinkadink.

 
Re: Passion and sustainability
MikSwe (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 10:44
Polls are funny things. No one ever rushes out to not complain.
There was never any doubt I'd renew my season ticket, but the bear thing will take time. This one's a growler I suppose.
I guess Pooh and Tigger will be fighting it out next season.


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?