rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Itís going to be a long close season.
Olly (IP Logged)
02 May, 2018 14:54
This is going to be a long old close season which is not something we Bristol supporters have been used to of late. Oh hum best mow the lawn.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

Re: Itís going to be a long close season.
shaunp (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 11:38
You're right Olly, its going to drag until we kick off in the premiership.
maybe we could start a thread, "Bris shirts on tour" when Bristol fans travel the world on our Holidays, take a picture in your shirt and post it here. Lets see how far our fans travel.

YATT2 (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 14:09
Great shout i am in !!! does Weston Super Mare count?

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 15:01
I hope the club keep us engaged throughout especially as there is the rebranding and confidence building to be done.

Seems a bit slow lately which doesn't bode well.

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 15:26
they're gearing-up for 1 June, which was the date (I believe) that they intended to go public with the re-brand - it's only because of a leak that the club had to come out and confirm it before the season-end.

Big Dave (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 20:54
Nah. they were ready to go, I reckon. Don't buy this "leak" idea. They were very clearly going to launch on that day.

JD11 (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 21:22
Definitely the intended day. The Ďleakí was only a day ahead of schedule. Had to do it before season tickets went on sale.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
03 May, 2018 22:02
There is always rugby league though, hopefully the new Bristol team will do well when they launch next year IIRC?

I'm still following Hull KR from afar but become harder due to my Sky sub lapsing.

Earlsbris (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 09:32
A long relaxing summer break is better than the playoffs!

BigO (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 09:38
Gut feel, but I'd assume there will be some big player announcements to coincide with the Bears launch... welcome to a new era and all that.... otherwise it'll be a bit of a damp squib.

Graham_U (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 10:38
Its certainly going to be the most important pre-season for the Bris team and business. Its taken nearly all season for PL to get the team on message which his game plan, now the have 5 months to do that with half the squad who will be new, and to get them to a much higher level of fitness than we have ever seen before.

Graham

C'mon Bris,

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/file/s100.htm?102,file=399.jpg

Stand out in a crowd, wear the Hoops!

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 14:08
Quote:
BigO
Gut feel, but I'd assume there will be some big player announcements to coincide with the Bears launch... welcome to a new era and all that.... otherwise it'll be a bit of a damp squib.

Bears launch day is the first day back in training in for the whole team, would be a weird time to announce anything new.

Pretty much all the senior management have inferred that our signings are done now unless something exceptional crops up (injury cover or whatever), for months people have been saying there must be more but I'm not sure what its based upon. We know our squad for next season, let's get behind them.

Furriner (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 14:49
Quote:
Rinkadink
[
Pretty much all the senior management have inferred that our signings are done now unless something exceptional crops up (injury cover or whatever), for months people have been saying there must be more but I'm not sure what its based upon. We know our squad for next season, let's get behind them.

What I base my view on (that we need more) is the lack of Prem-level strength in some key positions, especially 2nd row. Gray said it in a different post, and here Iím paraphrasing: even a decent front row will struggle in the tight if itís not being adequately Ďlocked Ď by strong 2nd row forwards.

Iíd say weíre also light at 10 and 12. So those who advocate getting Cipriani in have a point: Madigan could cover 12 in the same way Catt did for England a century ago (and Farrel does now) whilst also covering 10.

JamboBris (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 15:56
I'm expecting new players purely given that we are apparently almost up to the salary cap. If you go to the squad thread and put values by the players we are either overpaying massively across the board or there must be some extras to join. Particularly given the 7 from the champ and our academy promotions.

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 16:23
Exactly my thinking Jambo, excluding Luatua and C.Piatau as outside of cap, we have Madigan and Morahan on say 500k between them Afoa on 350k? I struggle to see how we have spent the cap on everyone else.
Still hoping for a couple of gems to steady our ship when youth and inexperience are on show.

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 16:34
I'd have thought Afoa was on at least as much as those two showboaters!

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 17:07
£7m salary cap minus say £1m for three above leaves about £150k each for the remaining 40ish assume the champ guys are on 100k leaves some room for a few more?

hooter (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 17:34
The two marquee players are outside the salary cap.

JamboBris (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 20:14
Exactly and you also get approx 400k in academy credits if I'm not mistaken which should cover some of the younger lads for us.

Rich. (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 21:26
But that Care Bear invisible motorcycle doesn't come cheap

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net