90 Seconds!!!!

Re: Season In 90 Seconds
robtheh (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 21:36
It is excellent!!

Bristol Bald Eagle (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 22:21
Superb, the more you think about Madigan's season the more excited I get about next season.

Half way through my 2028 season ticket, its been worth the heartache now !!

Seedub (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 22:27
Fab except for the ending!!!!!

Peter D (IP Logged)
04 May, 2018 22:55
Quote:
Seedub
Fab except for the ending!!!!!

Agreed.

And in the Season Review Part Three they describe the rebrand as the biggest news of the season (or even the decade). We are a rugby club. A marketing decision made after minimal (if any) consultation for reasons that remain opaque at best, bigger than gaining promotion, bigger than losing only one game through as whole league season, bigger than signing Charles Piutau or John Afoa. A marketing decision bigger than sporting success for a rugby club? Really?

cuddles (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 07:51
With a vision of going unbeaten and winning the league by Christmas, what happened to the B&I Cup which we bowed out of?
With the play offs scrapped we should of targeted the cup too.

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 08:17
The B&I is pretty much pointless. Unloved and unsupported, the Scottish sides dropped out and the Welsh came up with 'Premiership Select' sides instead of proper clubs. No point in giving it a real go and a tactical masterstroke in giving Ealing something else to aim for as a distraction once they had lost to us and dropped back in the league. All planned out in advance.

delthedoor (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 08:50
Great, Bristol Bears produce a fun , uplifting video which celebrates the Teams success, acknowledges our debt to departing players , gives a glimpse of the work within the community,and all you can take from it is your dislike of a much needed new start. Get over it,stop whining and get behind the team. The majority don't share your luddite views as evidenced by the season ticket sales.

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 09:03
On the other hand the vast majority don't like it as evidenced by the poll on the Post. Get over it and stop whining that the majority dislike being railroaded into a pointless change that they see as disrespectful to our heritage and based on zero evidence. Oh yes, and the blank refusal of the club to listen to or even acknowledge any concerns with an attitude of nanny knows best and you little people are standing in the way of some spurious notion of 'progress'.

delthedoor (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 09:08
You're becoming very tedious.

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 09:39
Then don't order people to "Get over it,stop whining and get behind the team". And I won't tell you that majority aren't behind it and the season ticket sales tell you nothing about the popularity or otherwise of the Bristol Bears. Deal?

Bristol-Supporter (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 10:00
Quote:
delthedoor
You're becoming very tedious.

I'm with you delthedoor! I knew putting this up would bring the 'killjoys' out of the woodwork! They can't just appreciate the clip, because they aren't happy unless they complain!

Chet Ripley (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 10:26
Fantastic video and great media coverage this year.

I know this thread wasn’t wasn’t about the re-brand but some comments have been made so I thought I’d just add:

Whether you are a traditionalist, (which I am despite being accused otherwise even though I do support the re-brand), or up for change one thing that the re-brand has already done, even before going live, is getting people talking about the Bristol rugby team. I have friends, (surprises me too), who live as far afield as the Caribbean and also North America and they’ve all reported that people have been talking about Bristol. Most comments have apparently been positive and the “Americanism” of our name is appealing to them. Like it or not, we will be growing a fan base around the world which surely is positive if we are to compete with the best.

Ok, I and some others may wish that our club played in a league in England and not worry about the global appeal however that’s the way the game is going. We can stand around with our fingers in our ears and pray it doesn’t happen or embrace it and go for the ride. We are all entitled to our opinion and choice however I hope we, as fans, can just get along, enjoy our summer and be down at Ashton Gate supporting the boys, whatever they are called, and enjoy the rollercoaster that is 21st century sport, (and Bris!).

Enjoy your summers all.

Peter D (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 10:29
Totally with Gray on this one. The clip is fun (if a little hard on my ageing eyes). But that doesn't mean that I have to applaud the imposition of a, to my mind, unnecessary and unnecessarily divisive rebrand. Investing the same amount of money spent on the pointless rebrand on the quality and depth of the squad, the excellence of coaching and the facilities would have been better value for money.

JD11 (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 11:15
‘the vast majority don't like it as evidenced by the poll on the Post’.

You mean the vast majority of people who read the Post and could be bothered to take that particular survey on that particular day don’t like it. Hardly an all-encompassing demographic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2018 11:16 by JD11.

Prop Joe (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 11:37
Well said Chet Ripley.

delthedoor (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 12:02
Quite right JD,Post figures show 518 expressed dislike of the rebranding against how many thousand who have parted with upwards of £250 on season tickets.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 12:52
Quote:
delthedoor
Quite right JD,Post figures show 518 expressed dislike of the rebranding against how many thousand who have parted with upwards of £250 on season tickets.
But people who don't like the re-branding have bought season tickets regardless. (Our adult prices start at £170 as well, important fact that)

Anyway, didn't like the video very much. Vastly preferred Vui's GoPro in every way.

Peter_B (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 14:01
I thought the video was very impressive.... Apart from the American spelling of “favourites”. Unless that was intentional.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net