rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Harry Thacker
Anonymous User (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 16:38
I've not seen him play (or even make the squad) for the Tigers, since he signed for us. Has he been punished, for leaving? I maybe wrong, but it's a very strange situation, and hasn't played 1st team rugby for months?!

Re: Harry Thacker
Since 1888 (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 17:05
Tigers signed Polota-Nau mid season so demoted him to 3rd choice. With 2 internationals ahead of him it was always going to be him missing out after his signing for us was announced.
Hopefully it will mean a fresh and hungry player come September.

Cunning Stunts (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 17:06
He's hardly had a look in for their first XV for ages. I think they want to play the power game and he doesn't fit the bill for that. Polota-Nau signed for them in December and pushed Thacker even further down the pecking order (Tom Youngs is the club captain).

The Tigers fans that I know are pretty annoyed that Thacker hasn't been played as he's a local lad and a genuine talent but just doesn't fit with their game-plan.

I think he's right up Pat Lam's street but the likes of Malton will be needed in a lot of games for a tougher stronger option.

Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 17:16
With TPN arriving I believe the call was made for Thacker to get surgery on a issue he has been having and has since been recovering, (And then TPN had bedded in so tough to break through with so little time left) that's from what I have heard.

Anonymous User (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 17:50
Cheers guys, great knowledge!

If our props and Locks are firing, I'm sure Thacker will be great

Knowle Blue (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 18:13
Thacker is an outstanding young player, I have seen him play. The key word being young, I feel under Pat we will see this powerful player develop into something very special. He has (in my opinion) similar qualities as Shalk Brits

Field marshall (IP Logged)
05 May, 2018 23:51
He's very, very good. We're lucky to have him and it seems like another "Goneva" decision from Tiggers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net