rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Is the crest staying on the messageboard?
bartman! (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 10:39
Just a thought as I look.
Is the Bristol Rugby crest sill going to be on here, or will we have the face of a Bear staring at us when we log on next month (Sm16)

Hope NOT! (Sm56)

Re: Is the crest staying on the messageboard?
Furriner (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 14:41
I donít have a crest on mine (perhaps because Iím using a mobile phone?). Where is it meant to be?

Bristol-Supporter (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 22:00
Who gives a damn? It's just a crest! I care about how the Bristol team plays!

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 06:14
Lots of people give a damn. It's up to you if you want to or not. Although after your childish piece of trolling on the Leicester board I doubt you have much consideration for anyone with different views.

Dieselpup (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 18:30
IMHO - It would be nice to keep it, just for old times sake?

Olly (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 20:17
I give a damm.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

JamboBris (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 20:20
With Furriner on this... can't see one anywhere.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 20:28
I hope this site IS updated to the bear...

Whatever your views on whether the logo should or shouldn't have changed, the bear (as of 1st June) WILL be the logo of the rugby club that we all support...and with Prem rugby a tough enough gig as it is, we really don't need fans and club split by petty squabbles

Peter D (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 21:53
Whether or not the "squabble" is petty is a matter of opinion. Those in favour of the change to Bristol Bears will suppose that it is ; those opposed will not view it as neither petty nor a squabble but as a profound expression of a desire to protect the identity of this club which we all support.

Personally, I will always describe myself as a Bristol supporter and never as a supporter of the Bristol Bears. I would much prefer to see the crest remain (which is displayed on the mobile site) even if it also displays the Bear logo.

hooter (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 22:54
This site is independent of bristol sport so surely the change should be by a vote of registered users of this site.

Rich. (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 07:48
Have both

expectingrain (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 07:59
Yawn

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 08:58
What Rich said. It'll also be interesting to see what happens come 1 June - despite the club saying that the bear will completely replace the crest, Booy and Tainton have both said how surprised they were at the amount of negative sentiment and perhaps it'll have made them think twice about ditching the crest altogether

Peter D (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 09:53
Quote:
Standardprocedure
What Rich said. It'll also be interesting to see what happens come 1 June - despite the club saying that the bear will completely replace the crest, Booy and Tainton have both said how surprised they were at the amount of negative sentiment and perhaps it'll have made them think twice about ditching the crest altogether

It's possible but unlikely I would have thought. The position the club have taken so far seems to suggest that they are determined to see it through. How long it lasts remains to be seen. They've done quite well with season ticket sales, with close to one thousand new sales (although that hides about 600 or more who have not renewed yet) but that says nothing about the rebrand. The increase is likely to be simply because we are in the Prem and looking better prepared than last time (we hope). The decline will be accounted for by some who are disappointed by the rebrand but other factors will have played a part - preferring Saturday games, inertia, personal reasons.

However, although I was not at the Q&A from the things they wrote in the brochure and all I've heard from them neither Tainton nor Booy seem over excited by the changes.

09 May, 2018 11:53
Quote:
Peter D
Whether or not the "squabble" is petty is a matter of opinion. Those in favour of the change to Bristol Bears will suppose that it is ; those opposed will not view it as neither petty nor a squabble but as a profound expression of a desire to protect the identity of this club which we all support.
Personally, I will always describe myself as a Bristol supporter and never as a supporter of the Bristol Bears. I would much prefer to see the crest remain (which is displayed on the mobile site) even if it also displays the Bear logo.

Missing the point....it doesn't matter whether the squabbles are petty or justified....the point is that they are squabbles, and therefore potential divisions between supporters themselves, and between supporters and the club.

The change has been made, and my point was that the rugby team that plays in and represents Bristol, will have a better chance of success if everyone is aligned.

Peter D (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 11:54
If they are justified they may still be squabbles but they become necessary. So,not really missing the point.

hooter (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 12:14
The players who represent Bristol rugby will always have my support, what I canít support is the decision taken by the owner to rename the club to a name already in use by other groups in bristol, he canít even use the domain name bristol bears.

09 May, 2018 12:38
Quote:
Peter D
If they are justified they may still be squabbles but they become necessary. So,not really missing the point.

At this point, how are they necessary? You think it will stop the rebrand? You think it will have any other impact than dividing support?

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 13:24
I actually think that ST numbers are quite low. Yes, they will naturally be higher than last season, but if we can't get an uplift for being in the Prem then we're doing something wrong. I'd be interested to see a comparison between ST sales this year and the last time we were in the Prem for a true representation of where we are.

I've said before that I'd expect more people to hold off buying ST's because there's never any certainty over when games are going to be played and there will always be the opportunity to buy on the day, given the size of AG.

Peter D (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 13:25
Who knows? It won't stop it now but unless it is fantastically successful they may reconsider their "folly". If merchandise sells poorly, if complaints keep on to such as degree that there is a negative feeling around the rebrand there may be a reversion to Bristol Rugby. More likely the Bristol supporters will just grumble amongst themselves until it all gradually dies down. Remember, Bristol Shoguns may have been tied to a sponsor's brand but it never caught on. Had it done so there was no reason for discarding the name with the change of sponsor.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net