rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Is the crest staying on the messageboard?
Peter D (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 13:31
Quote:
Standardprocedure
I actually think that ST numbers are quite low.

Agreed. 22% (of 4400) of STs are new according to the club. That's around 970. There were 4000+ last season. That means 600+ have not renewed (yet). With just over a week to go that's only an increase of 400 over last season. 10% increase is not bad, but neither is it brilliant. Certainly not as good as the nearly 25% it could have been.

Caveat: We don't know the reason for non-renewal (a fair number could be because of the preference for Saturday games). We can probably assume that hardly anybody has become a new ST holder because they are renaming as Bristol Bears (in any case it's not measurable).

JamboBris (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 14:16
We've had year on year ST increases even accounting for relegation. Frankly last time out promotion didn't cause a massive increase and it doesn't appear to this time either. Which may explain the rebrand given our current supporters aren't buying many season tickets. Personally feel this may have more to do with the preferred time of matches which could well be a barrier for those that may want a ST rather than anti bear sentiments but who knows. Really pleased with approx 20% of ST holders being under 25 though. Bodes well for the future of the club.

AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 14:58
Quote:
JamboBris
We've had year on year ST increases even accounting for relegation. Frankly last time out promotion didn't cause a massive increase and it doesn't appear to this time either. Which may explain the rebrand given our current supporters aren't buying many season tickets. Personally feel this may have more to do with the preferred time of matches which could well be a barrier for those that may want a ST rather than anti bear sentiments but who knows. Really pleased with approx 20% of ST holders being under 25 though. Bodes well for the future of the club.

Yeah i agree that the scattergun timing of matches (not to mention the fact that they often move for TV once season starts) will definitely make some people think twice.

This is especially true as the ST 'discount' isn't that massive from memory, and certainly not if you manage of a couple of home games due to other commitments.

From memory;
- my Dolman Centre ST was 329 for this coming season
- we have 14 home games next year
- Dolman Centre 'match by match' tickets are 30.

So I need to go to 12 of 14, or my ST isn't worthwhile.

Peter_B (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 15:21
30 x 14 is 420.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 16:45
I vote update the site and go full Bear (unless someone is really good at Photoshop and can come up with a solution) - will provide relevance at the very least and hopefully new members who search for bears.

robtheh (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 17:37
A bear with a crest?

hooter (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 18:18
Any new members who search for bears are in for a shock.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 18:22
Quote:
hooter
Any new members who search for bears are in for a shock.

Depends how shocking one finds gay men, to be honest.

I guess with the re-branding they will be buying Google ads and consulting with experts to make sure Bristol (Rugby) Bears are the top hit on search engines.

Singapore Sam (IP Logged)
12 May, 2018 13:21
There is a job for a rugby manager at Clifton College, it's a joint thing with the club. The job description has Clifton College's crest at the top and the Bristol Bear's head. That was issued at the start of May so looks like they are not waiting till 01-June.

HL (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 17:23
With matches on a Saturday apparently, that 8 lost from our group.

I hate the fact the club want us to sign up to spending nearly 1000 worth on tickets but won't be able to give us a fixture list until late July.

We miss the chance of any discounts.

So will have to buy one offs no season tickets this year.

We had considered buying season tickets for the kids only and we would by ours on a weekly basis when free to attend. The club have blocked child only purchases so cant do that either.

General feeling of disappointment and frustration. especially as the club as usual have not responded to 2 emails with season ticket questions.

And yes keep the crest with the Bears icon.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net