Next seasons fixtures
Albertfromla (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 17:09
Any one know when next seasons fixtures
Will be announced?

Re: Next seasons fixtures
Brisman (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 17:23
It was the first Friday in July last year, so my guess is Friday 6th July. Anyone else think weíll be off to Twickenham for the London Double Header again?

NearAshtonGate (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 17:46
Quote:
Brisman
It was the first Friday in July last year, so my guess is Friday 6th July. Anyone else think weíll be off to Twickenham for the London Double Header again?

Oh yes - I think it will be a certainty.

happyH (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 18:44
Letís hope the ref isnít blind to an obvious forward pass this year!!!
Cmon BRISSS

robtheh (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 19:00
Iím also fervently hoping that we donít get a Ďhomeí match in Chicago/New York/Boston this year.

Bristol-Supporter (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 22:04
I think they'll have 2 west country derbys with 4 out of the 5: Glos Bris Bath Wus and Exe. Bris will be at home to pull in a 20k plus crowd!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2018 22:19 by Bristol-Supporter.

gran (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 22:06
And if it's a double header I hope Marlers not playing. We don't want Madigan taken out for six months by a late tackle.

Peter D (IP Logged)
07 May, 2018 22:26
Since when was Worcester in the West country?

inatthebreakdown (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 07:31
Quote:
robtheh
Iím also fervently hoping that we donít get a Ďhomeí match in Chicago/New York/Boston this year.

Whereas I'm hoping that's exactly what happens. I guess Chicago is more likely, given the branding, but playing at Soldier's Field would be amazing.

robtheh (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 08:54
Quote:
inatthebreakdown
Quote:
robtheh

Whereas I'm hoping that's exactly what happens. I guess Chicago is more likely, given the branding, but playing at Soldier's Field would be amazing.

I agree in terms of the brand reach, but from a purely personal point of view, I donít want to effectively lose a game off my season ticket.

hooter (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 09:30
Surely as a home game the club would provide free travel to season ticket holders.

Furriner (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 09:33
Quote:
hooter
Surely as a home game the club would provide free travel to season ticket holders.

A bus from Horfield Common: route already being planned.

Furriner (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 09:35
Quote:
Peter D
Since when was Worcester in the West country?

I agree; itís not. Which helps with double-header organisation, at least one of which would no doubt be at AG.

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 09:37
Soldier Field is an over 60K capacity stadium. When Irish played Saracens in the States a couple of years back it was in a 25k capacity stadium and there were officially 15k there (and that's with the promotors literally giving away tickets). It didn't look good with all those empty seats and it would be way worse at Soldier Field. In fairness it was a good venue for the ABs v Ireland but that had the obvious Irish connection. I'm not convinced just having the word Bears in the name would have the same resonance.

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 09:52
I really hope it's not a double header at Twickenham - who does that benefit?

A West Country fiesta of rugby at Ashton Gate (Exe/Glos/Barf/Us) would be better.

I'm interested in seeing our friendlies list. I guess Connacht will feature and maybe, Northampton and Newcastle?

SparkyBris (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 10:40
Quote:
Hercules Spoons
A West Country fiesta of rugby at Ashton Gate (Exe/Glos/Barf/Us) would be better.

Yes, yes and triple yes!! Though I doubt it'll be a goer as Ashton Gate is realistically too small.

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2018 10:42 by SparkyBris.

Rich. (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 11:20
From all I've seen and read, double headers are not the way to go with us. Why would we want a loud and passionate 25k crowd for us v Bath at AG and a 16k loud and passionate crowd at Kingsholm for Glaws v Exe replaced by (let's say) a max of 50k at the Principality or Twickenham where the atmosphere is dispersed and people are constantly arriving and leaving (as only want to watch the whole of one game and there is the sound of constant chatter from those not really there for that particular match being played at that time)??? + We and Glaws would lose all the food and drink money and have to pay rent. I see no reason. Even worse if both matches at AG as half those Bris fans' wanting to go might not get a ticket!

Have people had too much sun??

Cidered Abroad (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 18:26
Quote:
hooter

(Sm100)

Cidered Abroad (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 18:29
Quote:
Rich.
From all I've seen and read, double headers are not the way to go with us. Why would we want a loud and passionate 25k crowd for us v Bath at AG and a 16k loud and passionate crowd at Kingsholm for Glaws v Exe replaced by (let's say) a max of 50k at the Principality or Twickenham where the atmosphere is dispersed and people are constantly arriving and leaving (as only want to watch the whole of one game and there is the sound of constant chatter from those not really there for that particular match being played at that time)??? + We and Glaws would lose all the food and drink money and have to pay rent. I see no reason. Even worse if both matches at AG as half those Bris fans' wanting to go might not get a ticket!
Have people had too much sun??

I completely agree. Home games at home not at Twickenham or 4,000 miles away!

Seedub (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 19:32
Pat confirmed at the supporters meeting that we would have pre season with Connacht, but here this year. He also mentioned Scarletts

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net