rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Next seasons fixtures
AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 20:31
Once again, the completely unsubstantiated rumour that we will be playing home games in the USA rears it's head!

Peter D (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 21:55
Well, somebody will be. At some point we'll have to take our turn.

robtheh (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 22:10
Quote:
AlexInSouthville
Once again, the completely unsubstantiated rumour that we will be playing home games in the USA rears it's head!

Simply stating my opinion on it.
Is that not allowed on a...forum?

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 06:44
I'm not even sure this is a rumour, just some speculation on the basis that both Premier Rugby and Bristol have stated ambitions about global expansion and we've just adopted a misguided piece of branding that looks a little bit American. As robteh says, these games take place so there's a chance we'll be involved and if we were then a chance it would be a home fixture. I don't think I've heard anyone say they have spoken to someone or the grapevine says that we are involved. Of course, that's how rumours start but I don't think we've quite reached the dizzy heights of rumourdom yet.

Rich. (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 07:50
Interesting that the New York team joining the US league next season (which Foden is apparently joining) are called Rugby United New York. I guess they are normally just called New York ..........

Jim H (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 09:26
Quote:
Rich.
Rugby United New York ..........

Now that is an awful name.

On the Bears thing - I was discussing sports with some colleagues (US and German) and said about the Bears renaming. They were all of the opinion that they liked it and felt more connected to the club than just "Bristol". So, while it has alienated some of the traditional support it may draw new support (who know if it will be enough).

Personally, I'm just thinking of the Bears as the name for the first team and not the whole club.

hooter (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 09:32
Looks like we have upset another bristol bears team who happen to play in the quidditch league.

Papa Bris (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 10:53
Quote:
hooter
Looks like we have upset another bristol bears team who happen to play in the quidditch league.

Letís hope they donít turn us into frogs

Rich. (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 11:49
Quote:
Papa Bris
Quote:
hooter

Letís hope they donít turn us into frogs

Good point!

Jimeno (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 15:50
Oso disappearo.

Meerkats1970 (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 16:01
As Bristol Rugby, Sky and PRL have ditched consultation regarding almost anything, don't think for a minute that your views are worth an ounce of salt.

We'll play when and where told and like a lap dog we'll just take it. It is for us the supporters to change our plans if we wish to watch our club, heaven forbid and what stupid idea planning ahead is and sticking to an agreed date.

I for one shall plan ahead and block out any other activity two days before and after proposed fixture dates just one the off chance and parties try and muck up my chances of watching Bristol rugby. Be wise and do likewise

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 16:30
Quote:
Rich.
Have people had too much sun??

As far as I'm concerned, being solar powered, you cannot have too much sun.

However, Rich, I fail to follow your argument ; with 27000 seats available, if a Bristol supporter couldn't get a seat at AG I think even Steve Lansdown would smile. And, why would you not want the additional revenue the other game would generate?

Rich. (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 20:57
It was a slight simplification (& therefore exaggeration) but, unless I mis-understood, there was the suggestion of a West Country double-header at AG. If so I'd assume we'd only be given approx half the tickets. As it would sell out as a doubleheader and perhaps also if it was simply just a Bris v Bath match (if marketed well) then if a double-header half those who may have bought tickets for just a Bris v Bath match would not be able to buy a ticket as Glaws and Exe supporters would have bought their half of the ground.

11 May, 2018 10:52
I would consider there would be enough room for everyone likely to come and at least the chances are that they would all be interested in the rugby, which is more than you'd get if it was held at Twickenham.

Rich. (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 11:14
Quote:
Hercules Spoons
I would consider there would be enough room for everyone likely to come and at least the chances are that they would all be interested in the rugby, which is more than you'd get if it was held at Twickenham.

The Bath crowd last year was not great but it was during international window. We should get 25k at least this year (if not international time) and Galway would get 17k at Kingsholm for a match with Exe - so that's a total of 42k - so 15k who would have come if the matches were separate ones would not be able to go if both were in a double header at Ashton Gate. The idea of double headers is to get more people to the games in total than would be the case if the games were separate - not the other way round!

11 May, 2018 12:00
We should obviously put you in charge of these affairs Rich

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2018 12:18 by Hercules Spoons.

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 12:04
If you recall the season in the Championship with the extra match then they managed to do exactly what Rich suggests: get smaller crowds for a DH game than they managed for the regular fixtures. What a brilliant plan that was.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net