rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Anyone coming our way from this Wasps list?
Rich. (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 16:17
From Planet Rugby - 'Wasps director of rugby Dai Young has confirmed the departure of four players when their contracts expire at the end of the current season. Prop Paul Doran Jones, centre Kyle Eastmond, centre Brendan Macken and second-row Matt Symons will all depart the Ricoh Arena outfit.'

Re: Anyone coming our way from this Wasps list?
robtheh (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 16:30
Macken was tenuously linked with us earlier in the season.
I'd pay extra for Doran-Jones not to come here!!
Would have Eastmond here though.

Dieselpup (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 18:29
It does seem to be quite a list!

Is it me or is there a more prevalent list of top names being let go by various prem clubs this year??

Cunning Stunts (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 19:12
It is interesting. I think as teams get used to the salary cap (and realise they canít break it) theyíre finally learning where to find the value. A mix of youth and experience is good but too many expensive older players isnít good value at all- especially if you lose them for internationals. Hence Saints and Quins are struggling and shipping out players while the likes of Haskell canít find a club in England.
Itís certainly less stressful watching the merry-go-round knowing that weíve already done our business. Donít know if itís enough business but looks like itís all done!!

JamboBris (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 19:43
Fair bit of noise around Macken. It sounded pretty much definite on the rugby pod when was on there. Didn't deny it when asked if he'd signed for Bris.

Portisteve (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 20:25
Wasps are being very quiet in the media. No signings announced (yet confirmed from horses mouth that Billy is going there) and no destinations announced for Cipriani and Haskell

T J (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 20:57
There was talk somewhere that Haskell has been forced to lower his salary and contract length demands significantly to find a club. Quoted figures were £125 / £150k and a 1 year contract to give him a chance at making the RWC.

At that figure Iíd say heís worth a shout for experience alone.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
08 May, 2018 21:55
Reckon Eastmond would be a good replacement for Pisi after his year is up, would probably suit our style of play and gives a year to learn everything?

graham t (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 11:49
Eastmond has spent a lot of the past 2 years injured, so maybe not a good bet

Spiderweb (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 12:35
Cips. Has to play in England if he wants more caps. EJ has stated Cips is on his radar.

Rich. (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 13:02
Quote:
Spiderweb
Cips. Has to play in England if he wants more caps. EJ has stated Cips is on his radar.

Be nice to think (a) he might come here and (b) he really is on the radar for England. From what I've read Jones has said about DC in the last few days none of it has been different to what he has ever said about him really. Let's hope the Six Nations performances will lead Eddie to be a bit less tunnel visioned (IMO)

JamboBris (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 14:09
Cipriani would add a lot to England. I know people talk about his defence but surely the same could be levelled at Ford. Cipriani has certainly been the better going forward this year.

SparkyBris (IP Logged)
09 May, 2018 15:06
Quote:
graham t
Eastmond has spent a lot of the past 2 years injured, so maybe not a good bet

Very true. There were rumours abound earlier in the season that he'll end up back at a Rugby League side, which I wouldn't be suprised by.
I think one of the reasons he left B@#h was because he was homesick for oop north, so can't see him wanting to travel back to the South West.

Supporting Bristol since... since... Oh, not enough fingers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net