rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

European Challenge Cup
Platwell House (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 18:41
Polledri, Woodward, Robinson, Morgan all in the match day squads for Glos and Cardiff along with Afoa. It should be a good match. Glos by 10 I think.

Re: European Challenge Cup
Rich. (IP Logged)
10 May, 2018 21:06
Cardiff by 7 for me. Should be a great game

Fatkatz (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 05:51
Quote:
Platwell House
Polledri, Woodward, Robinson, Morgan all in the match day squads for Glos and Cardiff along with Afoa. It should be a good match. Glos by 10 I think.

And Braley.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 18:46
C'mon Glaws

Jay Jay (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 19:45
20 - 6 to Glos at half time

Peter D (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 20:08
20-23 after 15 minutes of the second half.

Bristol-Supporter (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 20:39
Gloucester fail - again!!!

Peter D (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 20:40
Blues take it 30-31 right at the death. Fine second half performance.

Since 1888 (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 20:40
Iíve never seen Woodward have such a quiet game with kicking errors to boot. Braleys kicking was pretty awful too. Robinson had a good game though.

Prop Joe (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 20:41
Olly man of the match

Bristol-Supporter (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 20:42
Well done Oli Robinson - MOM!!!!!

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 20:43
Robbed though; one try for Glaws given as forward pass (it wasn't) and Blues try given when scorer was in front of kicker.

TMO's fault not ref though, but that's worse in a way because he has replays and still gets it wrong.

hooter (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 20:43
The officials didnít do them any favours mind, disallowed one good gloucs try and gave try to the blues when there player was offside from a kick thru.

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 20:45
Quote:
hooter
The officials didnít do them any favours mind, disallowed one good gloucs try and gave try to the blues when there player was offside from a kick thru.

Great minds ..

Hercules Spoons (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 20:47
Very exciting game for a neutral
Well done Olly Robinson- always give his best.

Mark W-J (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 20:50
I would have liked to see a replay of the potential knock-on by Brayley at the start of the move that resulted in Gloucester's second try. That and the penalty given against Ellis Jenkins for being off his feet when he wasn't seemed to have knocked the stuffing out of the Blues.

Robinson was immense and Morgan's footwork was absolutely stunning when he got his brief opportunity. Ultimately I think a draw might have been a fair (although technically impossible) result. Tough on Gloucester but maybe Cardiff deserve it for that second-half performance.

T J (IP Logged)
12 May, 2018 05:46
Glad Cardiff won that one, I generally donít like Glaws.

2x future international 7ís on show - Ludlowís tackling for Glaws was immense and as the commentators said, reminiscent of Maddog Moody in his pomp.

Dieselpup (IP Logged)
12 May, 2018 11:45
One of the most appalling displays by a team of officials I have ever seen.

One dissallowed try due to forward pass that clearly was not.
One allowed try that should not have been given due to fairly obvious off side.
One penalty given the wrong way as there was no clear release from the attacking side.

The international ruling body has to get this level of inconsistancy under control, its not as though the basic technology of a replay is not readily and quickly available to the on field officials. A 20 second review of the disallowed try would confirm beyond doubt that the referee made a wrong call and the try would stand - hardly a game ruining amount of time!

What message does this send out to fans and potential fans that we are "happy" with this dreadful level of inconsistancy?

If this is the level of poor officials we can look forward to as part of the master plan of being european contenders at Bristol then we are in for some serious dissapointment.

An entire season of effort comes down to 3 inexplicable decisions which has ruined an otherwise fantastic game of this wonderful sport!

Rich. (IP Logged)
12 May, 2018 12:56
I'm not certain he got it wrong with the forward pass BUT as it was clear play was just about to stop and he must have known it was a close call I think he should not have blown and then asked for it to be checked.

Penalty at end seemed right decision - he gave him enough time to get up but Marshall was happy to lie there and then hold on to the ball.

I think Cardiff needed the win more than Glaws so I'm happy they won.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net