Untitled Document

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: signings - are we done?
AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 14:31
Quote:
ROLLO
I think that you may find , as Wuss have , that you sometimes have to pay above the going rate to get players to come to a side that is yet to establish itself in the premiership. An average of c 150k doesn't sound out of the way to me.
I would suggest that Afoa and Madigan are on over 300k each to start with.

[rugbylad.com]

Suggests that an average of 150k isn't that unrealistic, although i accept the 200k is presumably inflated by Marquee players, etc

ROLLO (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 18:57
I only based my comments on what I hear at Wuss. I would expect that there are few premiership squad players that are much below six figures p.a.
Ruskin went to Glos for 330k plus bonus - a loosehead yet to play for his country.

JamboBris (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 20:37
That's madness. Lam has been quoted saying we signed multiple players rather than Harry Williams from Exeter because his wage demands were enormous.

ROLLO (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 18:36
You get what you pay for.

JamboBris (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 20:55
A reserve loosehead in their case on 330k a year.

Olly (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 07:32
Rebels release England-bound former captain Nic Stirzaker
07:41 18/05/2018

Melbourne The Melbourne Rebels have released former captain Nic Stirzaker, who will leave the Super Rugby team to play in England for Bristol.

After leading the Rebels for two seasons, Stirzaker joined English side Saracens in January on a short-term injury cover. However with test halfback Will Genia and ex-Western Force playmaker Michael Ruru now at the Rebels, Stirzaker decided his future was elsewhere.

"After ongoing dialogue between the club and Stirzaker's management, it has been agreed the scrum-half will remain in the United Kingdom after agreeing to a multi-year deal with recently promoted Bristol Rugby Club," the Rebels said in a statement on Friday.
Stirzaker played 60 matches for the Rebels.
Nice to see hes been released early giving him plenty of time To have a break, settle in to Bristol and the club.

Bristol, like the glass is Blue, Bristol Blue.

BigO (IP Logged)
18 May, 2018 08:30
Quote:
ROLLO
I only based my comments on what I hear at Wuss. I would expect that there are few premiership squad players that are much below six figures p.a.
Ruskin went to Glos for 330k plus bonus - a loosehead yet to play for his country.

To counter that, I know for a cast iron fact that a lot of the younger squad players at the Chiefs get paid closer to 20% of that number.

Dieselpup (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 08:54
Well, according to PL there is a space for Chris Ashton .. (Sm100)

BS7 (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 11:40
I am hoping the Baabaas were as impressed with PL as we were with the players? Trust there was some decent networking, possibly not for next season but the season after?

hooter (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 14:46
PL jokingly referred to envelope in his pocket for Chris.

happyH (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 18:27
well for me, we do need another wing.i think we are a bit short out wide.
C'MON BRISSSSSSSSSSSSSS

gaudi (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 19:42
Are there any club owners in England wealthy enough to buy a winger out of his French club contract, even on a loan basis? Maybe make their club more fashionable and favoured by the RFU in performing a service to their country?

JamboBris (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 20:07
Transfer fees don't count towards the cap but even so I can't see it. Given Toulon have lost Radrada and Nonu is yet to renew his contract I'd be staggered if they would accept Ashton leaving.

T J (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 06:45
The Ashton situation will depend on whether he thinks he has a realistic chance of getting into the WC squad or not - if he has been told by a Eddie Jones there is a spot for him on the plane if he gets back to England and repeats his Toulon form, then he will come back. If he has had no contact from them, hell stay in France.

Was chatting to someone very much in the know on Sunday, and their intimation was that we are done signing wise for the time being, but money has been deliberately left in the salary cap to allow us to sign players once the Super season is over, if need be and once the management have had time to assess where and how we need to strengthen at that point.

Big Dave (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 09:44
Quote:
happyH
well for me, we do need another wing.i think we are a bit short out wide.
C'MON BRISSSSSSSSSSSSSS

We've always been short out wide, but both David Lemi and David Rees made a good contribution for us.

I'll get me coat . . .

BS7 (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 17:15
(Sm134) LOL, very good

31 May, 2018 10:52
Quote:
JamboBris
Transfer fees don't count towards the cap but even so I can't see it...

They are:

[www.premiershiprugby.com]

APPLES (IP Logged)
31 May, 2018 11:04
You wonder if we have a place for nonu after he has attended to his family reasons.

Lansdown was keen before.

Rich. (IP Logged)
31 May, 2018 11:22
I was wondering that Apples. Would be great to have

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net