rugbyunion
Latest News:
Untitled Document

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Sounds familiar!
Timbo W (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 16:59
Glos re brand announced today .... the lions!

[www.gloucesterrugby.co.uk]

Re: Sounds familiar!
paulwg (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 17:14
The name “Gloucester Rugby” proudly retained!
The Shield, the Hoops,the Colours, the Lion, the History - all retained in a far more grown-up rebranding than our own headlong dive to change!

Platwell House (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 17:15
Not changing the name though.

Peter D (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 17:18
They've done a better job of respecting their tradtion.

https://d2cx26qpfwuhvu.cloudfront.net/gloucester/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/14140315/G002-2565-Rocket-Launch-Powerpoint-LOGO-REPRESENTS-AW-31.jpg

In fact, it's just a new logo and the way they do things. Compare this to what Bris are doing - and particularly how it was presented to the supporters. I know which club gives the impression that they understand the history and tradition of the club - and what it means to their supporters.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/05/2018 17:28 by Peter D.

BrisMark (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 18:16
Well done Gloucester - that’s how to do it properly! Lansdown could learn a thing or two from how Gloucester have handled this!

Peter D (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 18:18
As a result their fans seem, broadly speaking, happy with the rebrand. It's not rocket science.

Motherrucker1982 (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 18:59
Before we all start patting Gloucester’s PR company on the back does no one think they watched our debacle at unveiling the new ‘brand’ and thought right, we might need to change what we’re doing? I have heard a strong rumour that the Lions moniker is coming but they have hung fire as a result of our bungled rebranding. They basically did everything we’ve moaned that we didn’t and they’ve come up smelling of roses - hardly rocket science as you say! Why couldn’t we let them go first!!
Grrrrrr.....

KJS (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 18:59
Extract from the Premiership website. Seems a familiar message with a different approach.

Gloucester Rugby today announced that the club are changing their logo as part of a club wide review. Stephen Vaughan, CEO announced the change as part of a number of new developments at an event on the afternoon of Tuesday 15 May 2018 at Kingsholm Stadium.

Vaughan stated:

“Last year we commenced a review of all our communications and brand. A full audit and research project was undertaken across the Club with the primary objective to deliver an agreed set of values that every member of staff, whether that be in the playing department or elsewhere could be guided by.

“This piece of work also looked at the future design of all Gloucester Rugby communications and different logos used across the club. This included areas such as Community, Conferencing and Events, Hospitality and others, where we had a large number of different logos and nothing linking them together.

“It became clear that our current logo did not fully portray our ambition for the club and we needed a more contemporary logo that reflects the traditional elements of Gloucester Rugby.

“We now have a Master brand that does that really well and will support our ambitions for the future. The name of the club was never in question and we remain Gloucester Rugby.

“The Gloucester Rugby brand is a key element in terms of the future success of the club and whilst we know for some people it will take a little getting used to, we are really proud of what has been developed and know the changes will support our ambitions for the future.”

Helen Roe, Head of Marketing & Communications explained further:

“It is key that Gloucester Rugby protect and looks after its brand. All that work at the Club are aware of the immense privilege and responsibility in protecting and nurturing the club not just now but also for future generations.

“Additionally, as social and digital media has grown, Gloucester Rugby needed to further evolve its brand to ensure the Club has the right tools for the future. Whilst there will be lots of focus on the change of logo, this project has encompassed so much more including the development of our brand values, new brand guidelines and a new look for all communications for Gloucester Rugby and we are delighted with the output.”

Martin St. Quinton, Chairman of Gloucester Rugby added:

“The over-riding aim of Gloucester Rugby is to be a highly successful Club which our supporters can be proud of, now and for many years to come. Success on the field and off the field go hand in hand. A great amount of thought, care, respect and work has gone into this and I and all at the Club who have been involved in this work believe what has been developed will provide Gloucester Rugby with the right tools for the future.”

The roll out of the new logo and brand work will be gradually integrated across Gloucester Rugby communications over the summer of 2018. The intention is to feature the logo across Kingsholm Stadium and the majority of communications by the start of the 2018-2019 season

Read more at [www.premiershiprugby.com]

Downleaze (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 19:21
At least they have their new shirts available, not like BRISTOL Sport

Rich. (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 19:40
Well done Glaws. I'm sure they did learn from us in part, but most of our mistakes were obvious in advance so I doubt they've changed their approach much.

Peter_B (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 21:43
I wonder if there will be a complete re-branding of the Premiership at the end of the season? Glaws and us are one of the few to use a town or city crest for their logo along with Northampton.

I also notice the Premiership app does not work on i-Pad so will a new app be produced? I assume it doesn’t work on other tablets either.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Singapore Sam (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 01:55
Quote:
Peter_B
I also notice the Premiership app does not work on i-Pad so will a new app be produced? I assume it doesn’t work on other tablets either.

Works on Android.

Peter_B (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 05:00
Maybe it’s iOS 11.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Furriner (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 08:32
Fair play to them for being a tad more sensitive in the launch. Nevertheless, like anything written by marketing/PR folk these days it’s still framed in that foreign language widely known as bull$hit.

I was mildly amused to see their lion looks like a tiger, albeit a red one. (But impressed that their merchandise is already on the website.) Should attract some banter when they’re up at Welford Road perhaps.

Standardprocedure (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 09:32
Same club, different look. I can why their fans are happy with it, it looks great. They've modernised things whilst respecting tradition and picking something that's relevant.

Bris on the other hand have basically said that it was our history that was holding us back and leading to poor results. So we've gone with a moniker that has absolutely no relevance to us and could easily be applied to any competitive organisation (despite Lansdown saying on a podcast that bears used to inhabit this part of the country back in the day), coupled it with a shirt design that tips it hat to our history by including hoops on the sleeve, but with the addition of red to a dark blue and the hoops looking like an afterthought, contributes to a fairly crappy looking design overall.

All in my humble opinion, of course.

dpw (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 09:46

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 11:10
Quote:
dpw
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-5733399/Gloucester-play-fans-new-tattoos-logo-switch.html
dpw

So what about those with Bristol Rugby tattoos?

Rinkadink (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 00:31
Quote:
Downleaze
At least they have their new shirts available, not like BRISTOL Sport

Just read their club gave away free replica shirts at the launch event to the fans in attendance too.

The Bears Q&A would have been perfect to do similar. Shows how wrong we are getting it all.

Peter_B (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 01:42
No it doesn’t. It just shows they did it after ours.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Portisteve (IP Logged)
17 May, 2018 06:58
To everyone moaning about us not having things in place, don’t forget we don’t officially change to Bristol Bears until 1st June, so until then we are still same old Bristol rugby.
Gloucesters rebrand new logo etc are effective immediately.
I expect us to be ready to go full tilt on that date. If nott hen we can rightly slate them for not having kit ready etc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/05/2018 06:58 by Portisteve.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net